PDA

View Full Version : Camelopardalid meteor shower - Lucky North Americans

Neil
19-May-2014, 02:01 PM
So there could be a good meteor shower Fri night/Sat morning for you lucky North Americans. Unfortunately it is schedule to occur after sun rise in the UK :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2014/05/15/meteor-shower-meteor-storm-camelopardalid/9128245/

bassman
19-May-2014, 04:08 PM
Wow.....this is good news for me. The girlfriend and I were already planning on taking the kids camping this Friday, so this is just like the icing on the cake. My grandmother owns a huge farm with a back pasture that's miles and miles away from any city lights, so we should have a decent view. The article also says Florida will have the best view and I'm just one state North of Florida, so hopefully we'll get a good show.

Thanks for the heads up, Neil!

Neil
19-May-2014, 05:47 PM
Wow.....this is good news for me. The girlfriend and I were already planning on taking the kids camping this Friday, so this is just like the icing on the cake. My grandmother owns a huge farm with a back pasture that's miles and miles away from any city lights, so we should have a decent view. The article also says Florida will have the best view and I'm just one state North of Florida, so hopefully we'll get a good show.

Thanks for the heads up, Neil!
OK - I f***ing hate you!

Fingers crossed you get something spectacular! Just make sure you take a couple of picnic blankets or something you can lie on... and voila!

Neil
23-May-2014, 12:47 PM
Bassman - Hope you have good weather! Let me know how you get on!

Neil
31-May-2014, 09:19 PM
Oh! - http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/rare-meteor-shower-falls-short-of-expectations-1.1836489

bassman
01-Jun-2014, 01:04 PM
I forgot about this thread....

We were a bit let down by the meteor "shower". We only saw about 15-20 within the course of three hours. It was nice to see and we still enjoyed it because we were camping anyway, but I was hoping for a bit more.

Neil
01-Jun-2014, 01:05 PM
...I was hoping for a bit more.
You and the rest of the world :)