PDA

View Full Version : Day Blu-Ray missing something?

xopher
07-Jul-2014, 12:34 AM
Hey all! It's been a very long time since I've been here, life has taken so many new turns and brought new "zombies" to battle. I finally got around to getting the entire Living Dead saga on Blu-Ray, including Night, which because of some differences between releases I'd like to get all of them so I can compare. But I ended up getting two different Blu-Ray versions of Day and I've noticed a few things. The latest version has different picture quality, can't decide if it's better or not, and of course the mono only track.

But I have a question for the group. Am I the only one who is disappointed by the exclusion of the "United Film Distribution" logo from these high def releases? They left it on the Divimax DVD, why did they take it off on the Blu-Ray? I feel it was part of the original experience of watching the film, and it had that eerie dated sound that prepared the viewer to enter a completely different universe. I REALLY miss something with the logo gone.

How does everyone else feel? Did you notice it too or was it something you just sat through to get to the movie?

Neil
07-Jul-2014, 07:38 AM
Which two versions do you have?

Which of your descriptions apply to each?

xopher
07-Jul-2014, 05:04 PM
Well, in the US I know of two different DVD releases of Day Of The Dead and two Blu-Ray releases. Both of the DVD releases had the UFD logo at the beginning of the film and both of the Blu-Ray releases have it taken off. It is still on one of the trailers though.

Just wondered if anyone else cared about it as much as me lol. It feels weird without it, like the movie just starts too soon or something. I wonder what prompted the decision to cut it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay so I guess technically there's 4 DVD editions in the US but one is just non-special edition (1-disc) version of that same Divimax edition and the other is a DVD release of the latest Blu-Ray Collector's edition with the mono only audio option. To be honest, even when it comes to the menu and the menu music and perhaps even the sound mix, the Divimax DVD is my favorite edition. I wish they would just make a Blu-Ray of that one. From what I can tell, the Blu-Ray doesn't even have a DTS option, neither one of them, not a 5.1 option anyway, unless I've managed to overlook something.