PDA

View Full Version : Insurgency (PC game)

Neil
07-Jul-2014, 08:51 AM
Bought this a couple of weeks ago on offer for just a few pounds & having a blast with it!

Run a server on a PC of mine, and 5-6 of us play togethor!

Great fun, especially given the cost!

0SnTzvCH6lc

Warrior
07-Aug-2015, 04:17 PM
Hey WTF
i came here to ask about a server hosting advice and i stuck with the video from Carl Sagan!
Anyway, :D im looking to rent a server , i dont want to host it to my pc as you did. You have any suggestions?

...i go back to the video

Neil
07-Aug-2015, 06:51 PM
Hey WTF
i came here to ask about a server hosting advice and i stuck with the video from Carl Sagan!
Anyway, :D im looking to rent a server , i dont want to host it to my pc as you did. You have any suggestions?

...i go back to the video

LOL!

This is a site dedicated to George A Romero's Living Dead flicks... We chat about other stuff too, hence there being game related posts too.

So can't help with your server request. But if you need any help with rogue zombies, you've come to the right place!

Warrior
07-Aug-2015, 07:49 PM
:) to tell you honestly i was very confused when i visited the homepage of the forum.Anyway i know nothing about George A Romero, but i might stick around :D

Neil
07-Aug-2015, 09:10 PM
:) to tell you honestly i was very confused when i visited the homepage of the forum.Anyway i know nothing about George A Romero, but i might stick around :D

You know nothing about George Romero? :eek:

You've never seen Night of the Living Dead? Dawn of the Dead? Day of the Dead?

BTW - I was just playing Insurgency an hour ago :)

Warrior
09-Aug-2015, 08:13 AM
Dawn of the Dead tells me something, back in 03-04 i saw a movie. But im sure thats a different version or remake :)
But seriously, you dedicated a website for Mr. Romero hmm im sure he had something to offer.

* Yeah i found me too the correct place about hosting advice :D and im almost ready to get my server

Neil
09-Aug-2015, 10:42 AM
Dawn of the Dead tells me something, back in 03-04 i saw a movie. But im sure thats a different version or remake :)
But seriously, you dedicated a website for Mr. Romero hmm im sure he had something to offer.Probably the remake if it was back then. Especially if it was at the cinema.

A bit of a "Hollywood" version of the 1978 original. ie: People die and instantly get "contact lenses" and develop dinosaur lungs so they can roar :)

The 1978 version was fairly low budget, fairly querky, but darker and obviously original! :)

* Yeah i found me too the correct place about hosting advice :D and im almost ready to get my serverGood. I just run a server on a spare PC I have for a group of us to (regularly) play on. Have to say I've not found a single 3rd party map to compare to any of the official ones!

Warrior
13-Aug-2015, 12:19 PM
Well guess what :D
i started watching DotD the remake 2004 version. Yes this was the same i watch back then :) I also have the old version, ill give a try for this one next week :)

Neil
13-Aug-2015, 02:47 PM
Well guess what :D
i started watching DotD the remake 2004 version. Yes this was the same i watch back then :) I also have the old version, ill give a try for this one next week :)

Cool! Remember the old one is just that! Old! It was the first true big scale zombie flick really, but it's low budget, so don't expect Hollywood production style/levels. Do expect something a little more atmospheric/considered though :)

shootemindehead
13-Aug-2015, 04:11 PM
1978 is not old!

Neil
13-Aug-2015, 04:40 PM
1978 is not old!

Relative of course :)