PDA

View Full Version : The Strange Colour Of Your Body's Tears (film) - Umm... Errr... Ahh...

Neil
15-Jul-2014, 06:59 AM
...you see for yourself!

nOTt4lUdK9A

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2014, 11:59 AM
Really looking forward to seeing that sometime.

I'm awaiting the arrival of the Directing duo's previous film "Amer" which, like this one, is deeply inspired by the giallo genre ... although as far as I'm aware, "Amer" isn't a giallo in terms of plot, but does borrow needle drops from various giallo films and looks as wonderful as the best giallo films out there.

The people who made this and "Amer" also did the "O is for Orgasm" short in The ABCs of Death, which was a stand-out segment in that movie. So yeah, I'm super looking forward to watching The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears (giallos almost always had the best titles, too :) ).

krisvds
16-Jul-2014, 06:57 AM
Oh, both Amer and L'etrange couleur des larmes de ton corps are highly stylised and pretty surreal love letters to all things Giallo.
Over here Helene Cattet and Bruno Forzani are doing a good job on selling the genre to snotty art house snobs who think they do not like 'genre' films but really do. Good reviews have popped up for both films in the most unlikely of cinephile publications in the national press.

Highly recommended and the best thing to come out of Belgium since beer and chocolate (sighs). I mean the Dardennes and Front 242 of course ;)

MinionZombie
16-Jul-2014, 10:02 AM
Oh, both Amer and L'etrange couleur des larmes de ton corps are highly stylised and pretty surreal love letters to all things Giallo.
Over here Helene Cattet and Bruno Forzani are doing a good job on selling the genre to snotty art house snobs who think they do not like 'genre' films but really do. Good reviews have popped up for both films in the most unlikely of cinephile publications in the national press.

Highly recommended and the best thing to come out of Belgium since beer and chocolate (sighs). I mean the Dardennes and Front 242 of course ;)

Glad to hear it - I've just received "Amer" in the post this morning, so I look forward to watching it soon (and the accompanying short films on the extras). There's a quote on the back from Slashfilm saying "One of the arthouse talking points of the year", so I see what you mean about selling genre to snobs, hehe. :)

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2014, 05:54 PM
Saw this the other day, here's what I thought:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/double-bill-mini-musings-neo-giallo.html

:)