PDA

View Full Version : Amityville: The Awakening (film)

Neil
24-Aug-2014, 08:41 PM
rcaZUTqZigc

rongravy
24-Aug-2014, 09:12 PM
Ugh, I wonder if the Lutz family had any idea how long a life their scam would have.
And how bad the movies about it would be...

RichW
25-Aug-2014, 10:17 AM
Ron,

Spot on! Ironic, isn't it?

Something smells of 'Money grabbing necromancy' on the production side too though...

Personally, I'm getting fed up of all of this 'Rebooting of a Retelling pseudo sequel'
Type stuff, lets face it, if it needs rebooting, then it's broken, and half the time, it's not!
It just shows a lack of imagination and foresight. They can't come up with a good scary
ghost story idea themselves (and there are plenty of them), so they decide to 'Dig up
grandma to see if she'll dance the jig one last time' - and invariably fail, just to grab
some more $$. meh!

On the other hand, when given good source material (See WWZ) they butcher it beyond belief
and turn it into a mediocre film at best ?Huh?

I'm a horror film fan, always have been. Particularly of the Zombie and Paranormal genre
But, it's been a loooong time since I've seen a good one. Most seem aimed at the teenagers
friday night sleep over eating cheetos these days.

What was the last 18-cert, seat of your pants, good horror film you saw at the movies?

Anyway, Rant over ... phew .. mental note to self, 'Do not post on forums when not in
good mood ....LOL'

Have a good one, Rich