PDA

View Full Version : The Ice bucket challenge

Tricky
25-Aug-2014, 10:14 PM
I was hoping to avoid this current trend, but I was nominated by a friend and it's for a good cause so thought I'd have a go. I figured if it's worth doing, it's worth doing well, so here's mine

http://youtu.be/4R-IoDrmP2U

So have any other members done this, and have you the videos to laugh at?

kidgloves
25-Aug-2014, 11:00 PM
RESPECT
Im sat here waiting for my turn. It's inevitable.
Fantastic viral idea though and for "CHARITY"

thesurvivor
26-Aug-2014, 12:33 AM
I did this already but i keep hearing people say its for a good cause.
the whole challenge is to avoid donating money "accept challenge in 24 hours or donate $100 to als research"

Neil
26-Aug-2014, 07:50 AM
I did this already but i keep hearing people say its for a good cause.
the whole challenge is to avoid donating money "accept challenge in 24 hours or donate $100 to als research"

MacMillan trust - http://www.macmillan.org.uk/ice-nominate.html

1. Fill the bucket with iced water
2. Pour it on your head
3. Film this on your smartphone
4. Post the video to Facebook / Twitter
5. Text to Donate £3 to Macmillan by sending ICE to 70550
6. Nominate your friends / enemies to do it next

ie: Once you've done it, donate the dosh yourself.

Legion2213
29-Aug-2014, 07:27 PM
Haha! Watched some guy do this in a pub beer garden on Tuesday. But the levels Tricky went to were super-heroic!!! :D

ProfessorChaos
30-Aug-2014, 06:17 AM
i avoid social media and stuff like this like the plague, so i'm a bit burnt out on all this ice bucket challenge crap. it's almost impossible to watch the news or go through a single day without hearing something about it, whether it be the celeb of the moment or a large group of college kids doing it all at once, etc.

however, as annoying as this fad is, it has produced one of the funniest videos i've seen in a couple years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJ3xrMxoMU

blind2d
03-Sep-2014, 02:19 AM
Oh Prof, that was amazing.

Okay, so my sister did it and I filmed it. It's not that funny or anything, so I won't post a link but yeah. You bet your ass if I had more than five dollars to my name I'd donate, but ice water? No thanks. Also too trend-some.

Neil
03-Sep-2014, 08:59 AM
i avoid social media and stuff like this like the plague, so i'm a bit burnt out on all this ice bucket challenge crap. it's almost impossible to watch the news or go through a single day without hearing something about it, whether it be the celeb of the moment or a large group of college kids doing it all at once, etc.

however, as annoying as this fad is, it has produced one of the funniest videos i've seen in a couple years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAJ3xrMxoMU

I find that so sad - The language that child uses! Still think there's some merit in the suggestion people should need a license to reproduce!

Legion2213
06-Sep-2014, 07:26 PM
I find that so sad - The language that child uses! Still think there's some merit in the suggestion people should need a license to reproduce!

Honestly mate, I live pretty close to the scousers, if I was a scouser myself, I'd be cringing at the language from such a small child. :(

blind2d
06-Sep-2014, 11:35 PM
But it was cute... and funny. Because it was unexpected. And maybe she has good parents who reprimanded her for the use of such language after the video ends. We just don't know.

ProfessorChaos
07-Sep-2014, 10:03 AM
actually, there is a follow-up video that has the mother and the kid, and the mother makes her apologize and stresses that it's a bad word.

i'm sure the little kid doesn't talk like that on a daily basis or even realizes how horrible it is for her to say that.

babomb
17-Sep-2014, 05:46 AM
It's extortion. Being pressured into donating isn't really donating. Expect to see more of this.

Neil
17-Sep-2014, 09:35 AM
But it was cute... and funny. Because it was unexpected. And maybe she has good parents who reprimanded her for the use of such language after the video ends. We just don't know.

Where do you think she got the language from? Come on!

shootemindehead
17-Sep-2014, 06:02 PM
Well, she didn't lick it off the stones anyway.