PDA

View Full Version : The Babadook (film) - OK, this gives me the heebeejeebees!

Neil
26-Sep-2014, 08:51 AM
-mRhup5hLTM

shootemindehead
26-Sep-2014, 07:36 PM
Yeh, I heard about this one at the beginning of the year. It's been the one horror film I've been actually looking forward to. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't get a release in Ireland.

Neil
15-Dec-2014, 08:20 AM
Got $80 free? - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fear-Monger-Babadook-Collectible-Best-Thing-Ever-68660.html

Kaos
15-Dec-2014, 04:40 PM
I saw it Saturday night. It was well acted, and creepy. The ending is a bit puzzling, but overall we enjoyed it.

krakenslayer
15-Dec-2014, 10:38 PM
This was one of the best horror films I've seen in ages. Great performances, weird atmosphere and managed to balance "scary monster" with proper psychological horror.

I saw it Saturday night. It was well acted, and creepy. The ending is a bit puzzling, but overall we enjoyed it.

Yeah, it was a weird ending, but I thought it was good. It made sense in a way since the movie is sort of a metaphor for grief and mental illness. I think it's saying these problems can't be annihilated completely, but they can be kept in check and carefully managed so that they don't pose a problem in daily life, like how they capture the Babadook and feed it and keep under control.

Kaos
15-Dec-2014, 11:30 PM
I get that interpretation is a possible explanation, but as an explanation there are more questions than that explanation can answer. I would say that even though that might be the theme, the ending is intentionally ambiguous.

blind2d
16-Dec-2014, 02:42 AM
TheGirlDoesRant on youtube did a good review of it. I want to see it, but she does reveal some spoilers. Seems like a good film, yeah.

bassman
19-Oct-2015, 04:10 PM
I was really impressed with this film. Very nice to see a well made low budget horror film that doesn't rely on gore or jump scares. Of course there are a few jump scares, but they're used sparingly and the main horror of the film is a building psychological fear.

It's also great to see a film with deeper meaning getting the attention it deserves. Really enjoyable yet disturbing film. 9/10

Neil
19-Oct-2015, 06:05 PM
I was really impressed with this film. Very nice to see a well made low budget horror film that doesn't rely on gore or jump scares. Of course there are a few jump scares, but they're used sparingly and the main horror of the film is a building psychological fear.

It's also great to see a film with deeper meaning getting the attention it deserves. Really enjoyable yet disturbing film. 9/10

Oh God! Guess I'd better watch this :eek:

EvilNed
19-Oct-2015, 07:20 PM
Saw it three weeks ago. I enjoyed it but like all horror films it stopped being scary halfway through.

Sinister and Insidious had the exact same problems.

shootemindehead
19-Oct-2015, 09:41 PM
While I certainly thought it was better than both 'Insidious' and 'Sinister', that bloody kid was a complete head wreck. I wanted the Babadook to tear him to shreds.