PDA

View Full Version : Alright i need something put to rest

Kuehnau
15-Jul-2006, 04:42 PM
Alright I need to put something to rest here I've been talking about with a friend of mine.

He claims that in a few of the Dead films the zombies are running everywhere. Like actully running and jumping and such.

And I had to disagree, I mean, it has been a while since I watched the movies, but I wanted them all, and I don't recall the zombies ever "running" at all. They are usually slow and stiff. I mean, I suppose they could shuffle a little faster then usual, but he is saying they are like sprinting and jumping over cards and stuff..

I disagree with him and now he is calling me a no nothing dumbass. I am unsure of this argument and I don't have all of the dead films.

Would someone like to clear this up for me? I was almost certian George Romero had like a outline of what a zombie had to be like and I don't remeber them running around.

tx_derrickman
15-Jul-2006, 04:45 PM
to my knowledge, and that isn't much, I've never seen a sprinting zombie in any of the romero films

MaximusIncredulous
15-Jul-2006, 05:34 PM
Sounds like he saw Return of the Living Dead and, like most people who really aren't into the genre who have seen that film, assumes that Romero's living dead flicks are the same - that zombies run and eat brains.

Trencher
15-Jul-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes I think he means the return of the living dead films.
That is another zombie version.

Philly_SWAT
16-Jul-2006, 12:20 PM
There are only two instances that I can think of that even remotely resemble a "running" zombie, but they arent really running. The original zombie in Night kinda moves pretty fast when he is flailing around the car windows, and shambles kinda fast, but he is definately shambling. Also, the two little kids in Dawn at the airport seem to run out of the closet, but they only move about three feet, so its not like they are actually running. I agree with everyone else, he is probably thinking of the Return films, which Romero had nothing to do with, that was John Russo's deal.

Andy
16-Jul-2006, 06:32 PM
Alright I need to put something to rest here I've been talking about with a friend of mine.

He claims that in a few of the Dead films the zombies are running everywhere. Like actully running and jumping and such.

And I had to disagree, I mean, it has been a while since I watched the movies, but I wanted them all, and I don't recall the zombies ever "running" at all. They are usually slow and stiff. I mean, I suppose they could shuffle a little faster then usual, but he is saying they are like sprinting and jumping over cards and stuff..

I disagree with him and now he is calling me a no nothing dumbass. I am unsure of this argument and I don't have all of the dead films.

Would someone like to clear this up for me? I was almost certian George Romero had like a outline of what a zombie had to be like and I don't remeber them running around.

the only film that comes to mind is the 2004 remake of dawn. its the only film were zombies sprint and jump. much to the annoyance of 90% of our members :lol:

Deadman_Deluxe
16-Jul-2006, 07:50 PM

Your friend is a "know nothing" dumbass ... with a big flapping mouth and bad breath.

He is probably thinking of ROTLD and is getting a bit confused over directors, plots, characters etc etc ... just tell him it's ok for him NOT to admit he is wrong ... and then jam a big stick in his eye :D

DJ.doucheBAG
16-Jul-2006, 08:01 PM
the only film that comes to mind is the 2004 remake of dawn. its the only film were zombies sprint and jump. much to the annoyance of 90% of our members :lol:

What ****ed me off even more than the running zombies in 2004 Dawn, was the TALKING ZOMBIES from the ROTLD. I'm not sure which ROTLD this was, I only saw one, so it could be both, but zombies are NOT supposed to TALK!!! They're reanimated corpses you stupid dumbasses!!!:rockbrow:

Danny
16-Jul-2006, 08:03 PM
damn straight ,crappy as it was, the runnnig zombies were cool, especially compared to those fraggle rock regects going "braaaiiinnsssss".

that was god aweful.:barf:

HLS
16-Jul-2006, 08:16 PM

Your friend is probably thinking about some of the remakes. Romeros films never had any running, sprinting, jumping zombies to my memory.