PDA

View Full Version : How can I become a film maker?

manu123
17-Nov-2014, 02:09 AM
I'm 13 years old and I want to become a film maker. The problem is that I don't know how. So how do I? Is it hard? What steps can I do to help myself?

Zombi chow
22-Feb-2016, 04:37 PM
I suggest you start listening to the audio commentaries on DVDs of your favorite movies, beg your folks for a mac, & start shooting video with your cameraphone.
Macs come with iMovie, which is a great, intuitive beginner program for would-be filmmakers. Once you're making more changes than that program can handle, take a class n learn some pro editing software.

Then start putting it online!

katholiday
26-Jun-2016, 02:01 AM
I started with this 8 minute film.
This should really help you. After you watch this, watch my video... Look to where we utilized Kurosawa's style.
I directed this at 53 years of age. The only other thing that I directed was a school play when I was 13.
I'm told I did a good job, but I definitely asked and received a lot of help from my co-directer. Talk and work with people who've actually done stuff... GOOD LUCK! K.

Watch this one first.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=doaQC-S8de8

Then here's mine...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EIsv6QmEHk

LivingDeadGuy
10-Apr-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm not sure how to become a film maker but if you work in Hollywood it is probably mandatory to sleep around with the right people.

(that was sarcasm)