PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Squad (film)

Neil
03-Dec-2014, 01:29 PM
I'm not familiar with the comic book, but the cast looks interesting - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Meet-Official-Suicide-Squad-Team-68480.html

Will Smith As Deadshot
Jared Leto As The Joker
Tom Hardy As Rick Flag
Margot Robbie As Harley Quinn
Jai Courtney As Boomerang
Cara Delevingne As Enchantress

EvilNed
03-Dec-2014, 03:12 PM
Wow this looks so interesting!
psyche.

rongravy
03-Dec-2014, 07:59 PM
Everything looks doable except Smith. Hate him...
What happened to Jesse Eisenberg showing up as Lex?!?

Neil
03-Dec-2014, 08:00 PM
Everything looks doable except Smith. Hate him...
What happened to Jesse Eisenberg showing up as Lex?!?

I've got a bit of time for Smith. I think he might excel in this sort of thing :)

Neil
15-Jul-2015, 12:05 PM
PLLQK9la6Go

MinionZombie
15-Jul-2015, 05:32 PM
The trailer is a bit iffy - it takes a while to get the juices flowing ... however I'm fully expecting this to be a pretty darn good flick, so I'm still very interested indeed. Just a slow-to-get-grooving trailer, is all I think.

As for Leto - well, I certainly don't envy him having to do the Joker after Heath Ledger, but I hope he pulls it off. It's interesting to see them take the character in a more visually colourful direction - a bit more over-the-top to set it apart from the gritty version we saw in The Dark Knight ... makes sense.

Neil
11-Apr-2016, 07:54 AM
5AwUdTIbA8I

shootemindehead
11-Apr-2016, 09:35 AM
I simply cannot stand Will Smith.

The exact same in every bloody thing he's been in.

EvilNed
11-Apr-2016, 04:37 PM
I like Will Smith. I get why he's one of the biggest stars around. I think he's an excellent actor.
I don't have high hopes for this film, tho. But I think Smith will be good in it. I enjoyed I am Legend a lot.

Neil
02-Aug-2016, 06:33 PM
Oh dear - http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1541029/suicide-squad-just-screened-heres-what-critics-are-saying

Suicide Squad: A mess. Some fun elements and good performances but mostly it's overstuffed, tonally awkward and narratively unsatisfying.

EvilNed
03-Aug-2016, 05:37 AM
I am not surprised. Who wants to see this anyway? There's no hype for it.

shootemindehead
03-Aug-2016, 08:40 AM
Yeh, no surprises here either.

The last trailer did nothing for me. It seems to be terribly cast too. Harley is nothing like her original design, Leto as the Joker isn't looking right at all and it's looking more and more like a crappy Will Smith vehicle. The more I see and hear of it, the more obvious it becomes why Tom Hardy got out early.

EvilNed
03-Aug-2016, 07:54 PM
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/suicide_squad_2016/

Currently at 32%.

bassman
03-Aug-2016, 08:01 PM
It's a shame that this pattern is continuing with the DC movie universe. Regardless, I'm still looking forward to Suicide Squad and will definitely give it a spin on its own terms.

I've just read an article about the troubled production, as well. Looks like WB is sticking their noses into places they shouldn't, and its heavily effecting the final films....

EvilNed
03-Aug-2016, 08:13 PM
It looks awful.

YPAC3bD0guA

rongravy
04-Aug-2016, 09:37 PM
Harley Quinn is kind of annoying AF.

MinionZombie
08-Aug-2016, 10:47 AM
Saw it yesterday - posted my thoughts here: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=19762

Far from being 'annoying AF', Harley Quinn proves to be the film's greatest strength.

rongravy
17-Aug-2016, 02:06 PM
Far from being 'annoying AF', Harley Quinn proves to be the film's greatest strength.

Ehhhh, she kinda was, but she didn't pop off nearly as much as the trailer implied she would be...
I'm shocked and surprised, but I really dug it. I never read the synopsis, so I came in blind, and wow.
I even liked the Joker tryna get his girl through the whole ordeal.
So far, I'm loving all that DC is throwing at us. I love Marvel, too, don't get me wrong, but DC is literally killing it in my book. So much darker, so much bloodier...
A- to BvS's A+. People need to lighten the f*ck up, and let these guys do their thing. I'm psyched for more!!!

Neil
23-Aug-2016, 10:37 PM
I quite enjoyed it... Nothing great, but a fun watch...

bassman
17-Nov-2016, 10:10 PM
The extended cut isn't an improvement on the film like it was for Batman V Superman. Where BVS had a significant amount of footage edited back in, helping to resolve quite a few issues with the theatrical cut, Suicide Squad only has about 3-5 extra minutes and it's nothing that really alters the overall film.

It's really a shame because there is obviously a LOT of this movie left on the cutting room floor. Entire sequences, an almost entirely different dynamic between Joker and Harley, clearer character motivations, etc. Why all of this wasn't reinstated, who knows? Perhaps it'll see the light of day as deleted scenes on the Blu Ray, but it's a shame they didn't attempt to repair the film to Ayers' original vision, much like they did with BVS.

It's now available for digital download, but as I said, it's not really worth the cash for the only slightly different edit...

MinionZombie
20-Nov-2016, 11:29 AM
Bummer.

I did quite enjoy Suicide Squad, even with its issues, but it's disappointing to hear the extended cut isn't the change it was gearing up to be. I hope they don't double dip with an alternative cut in a few months time, but I wouldn't put it past them.