PDA

View Full Version : The next Evanescence Album...

Cykotic
17-Jul-2006, 02:45 PM
AszpUnTiS3g

So... am I the only one looking forward to this???

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 03:28 PM
yes.......

:lol:

I'm not looking forward to it, but everyone has their own tastes. I was never too impressed with their stuff. The singer has a decent voice and an eye for lyrics(from the singles that I've heard), but overall they seemed kind of generic to me. Basically sounds like everything else I hear when I turn on the radio with the exception of the lead singer.

The band(the instruments) seemed rather....well....sh*ty.

Mind you, all these statements are based on the singles and few other songs that I've heard and in some cases....singles don't do the band justice.

Cykotic
17-Jul-2006, 03:31 PM
I suddenly have a bad feeling about this thread!!

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 05:04 PM
The singer has a decent voice and an eye for lyrics(from the singles that I've heard), but overall they seemed kind of generic to me. .

its christian rock, waht more do i have to say?:barf:

the only band in the same vein i like is within temptation, and thats at a stretch.

bring on HIM, ozzy and slayer.

but screw metallica.:lol:

MikePizzoff
17-Jul-2006, 05:10 PM
its christian rock, waht more do i have to say?:barf:

the only band in the same vein i like is within temptation, and thats at a stretch.

bring on HIM, ozzy and slayer.

but screw metallica.:lol:

You're not trying to say HIM (:bored:) is evil, are you? :rockbrow:

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 05:12 PM
You're not trying to say HIM (:bored:) is evil, are you? :rockbrow:

...huh?:confused:

HLS
17-Jul-2006, 05:20 PM
i never heard of them. sorry

Adrenochrome
17-Jul-2006, 05:26 PM
They'll die out soon......she can't look like a sad, 12 year old, emo girl forever.

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 06:21 PM
They'll die out soon......she can't look like a sad, 12 year old, emo girl forever.

:lol:

I don't know man....have you by chance landed on MTV within the last five or so years?

That's mostly what populates that channel. The MTV folk are all about dark, whinny, and depressed people.

I say bring on the happiness of some Panic and the vibes of the Dead!:p

AcesandEights
17-Jul-2006, 06:31 PM

This has dire implications for me, as I find her wildly attractive :confused:

Of course, she'd look better in a Catholic Schoolgirl outfit, but oh well :p

Debbie
17-Jul-2006, 07:58 PM
I'm glad to hear they are coming out with something new. I liked thier music ,she has a great voice kind of haunting.

mista_mo
17-Jul-2006, 08:10 PM
Heh, I'm with you man! They aren't my fav, but I like em nonetheless...going to get it when it comes out....

coma
17-Jul-2006, 09:11 PM
I don't know man....have you by chance landed on MTV within the last five or so years?

I thought they didn't have videos on MTV. Just Real World Road Beach or whatver. Im not even kidding

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 09:21 PM
I thought they didn't have videos on MTV. Just Real World Road Beach or whatver. Im not even kidding

I think they may show part of a video during the credits of the shows:shifty: ...

Or maybe I was thinking of MTV 2. They still show a few videos, I think. But I'm sure they'll be nothing but teen B.S. soon enough:rolleyes: .....

I still don't understand how people swallow this sh*t....

Adrenochrome
17-Jul-2006, 09:35 PM
It's because they're told they like it. They LOVE it!....they'll kill for it! They will die without it!!!

Cykotic
18-Jul-2006, 09:55 AM
its christian rock, what more do i have to say?

For the first and final f***ing time, It's not christian rock!!!!!!!!!!!

"Originally considered by many to be part of the Christian rock scene—and for a short time promoted in Christian stores—the band made it clear that they did not want to be considered a Christian rock band. Shortly thereafter, Christian stores removed Evanescence from their shelves. Since then Lee has been quoted as saying that they are not a Christian band and would appreciate it if the rumor was terminated. [4] David Hodges (ex-vocalist & keyboards) left the band over the Christianity topic. Members later stated that he had been pulling the band in more of a Christian direction than Lee and Moody were comfortable with" (Source: Wikipedia)

Fine, I understand that not everyone will be a fan of this band, but surely everyone has a right to like different kinds of music?

bassman
18-Jul-2006, 12:38 PM
Fine, I understand that not everyone will be a fan of this band, but surely everyone has a right to like different kinds of music?

Definitely.

Could be worse. Could be rap.

Cykotic
18-Jul-2006, 01:01 PM
Definitely.

Could be worse. Could be rap.

Exactly!!!! DEATH TO RAP!!!

bassman
18-Jul-2006, 01:05 PM
You can't spell "crap" without "rap"....

;)

coma
18-Jul-2006, 03:47 PM
I think they may show part of a video during the credits of the shows:shifty: ...

Or maybe I was thinking of MTV 2. They still show a few videos, I think. But I'm sure they'll be nothing but teen B.S. soon enough:rolleyes: .....

Forgot about MTV2. Imo, 99% of videos suck. Boring, Horrible editing, pretentious "stories". Unwatchable.
As far as music, it's all just a matter of taste.

Danny
19-Jul-2006, 10:51 AM
For the first and final f***ing time, It's not christian rock!!!!!!!!!!!

"Originally considered by many to be part of the Christian rock scene—and for a short time promoted in Christian stores—the band made it clear that they did not want to be considered a Christian rock band. Shortly thereafter, Christian stores removed Evanescence from their shelves. Since then Lee has been quoted as saying that they are not a Christian band and would appreciate it if the rumor was terminated. [4] David Hodges (ex-vocalist & keyboards) left the band over the Christianity topic. Members later stated that he had been pulling the band in more of a Christian direction than Lee and Moody were comfortable with" (Source: Wikipedia)

but then whats all that stuff about them affiliated with the label "mega christian music"?:shifty:

Cykotic
19-Jul-2006, 04:08 PM
that was a long-disproved rumour... they are signed with Wind-Up Records...

bassman
19-Jul-2006, 04:12 PM

Isn't that Scott Stapp's record label?:shifty: ....

mista_mo
19-Jul-2006, 05:39 PM
I've always liked Evanescence..can't wait for the CD to come out. wait, I allready said that damnit I'm slow today....

Adrenochrome
19-Jul-2006, 06:51 PM
No matter who they're signed with.......they're on their way to becoming "has beens". "Gimmick bands" cannot last....they never have. Think back, all the costumed/Gimmick bands for the last 20 years have become has beens. The ones that have lasted only play small venues to half an audience and look like they wished they'd done something else with their lives.
Now, bands like this are being covered on "reality Music Television" shows by kids that think they can sing.
Evanesance (sp) is one of these "Jump on the Bandwagon" bands......not very original and cater to and are geared towards young teens that whine about life and how "horrible they have it" instead of standing strong, moving forward and living!
To me, Evanesance (sp) is no different than Kelly Clarkson or Celine Dion.....fakes.