PDA

View Full Version : Kingsman: The Secret Service (film) - Matthew Vaughn

Neil
10-Dec-2014, 01:41 PM
7D-dkRWBaco

Nice to see Mark Hamill in something!

http://images.moviefanatic.com/iu/t_full/v1406394305/kingsman-the-secret-service-mark-hamill-colin-firth.jpg

Staredge
11-Dec-2014, 01:27 PM
Hadn't heard of this until a day or two ago. Looks good!!!

EvilNed
11-Dec-2014, 02:19 PM
Hey, looks kinda fun.

Remember seeing a trailer for this awhile ago and thinking the same thing.

bassman
13-Dec-2014, 03:09 PM
I don't know much about the source material, but the trailer does indeed look ridiculously fun. Early screening reviews also say that it's a blast and features fantastic over-the-top gore and action. I might not pay to see it in the cinema, but definitely looking forward to seeing it on home video.

Neil
01-Mar-2015, 08:10 PM
Never commented here on my thoughts about the film...

For the most part I enjoyed it. Some bits were great, some less so. But a couple of bits I felt very uncomfortable with, for two reasons:-
1) In two parts of the film, completely innocent people are be butchered on-mass, and the film basically treats it as not more than an MTV video moment. It didn't seem to care one bit about it, and instead simply wanted to use the violence to sex the material up.
2) "Bum sex" - Absolutely childish and silly reference/use of the suggestion of @nal sex.

I'd give it 7/10.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts?

rongravy
05-Mar-2015, 12:52 PM
I saw it when it came out. I liked it, tons of gore just from that chick's feet.
I didn't flip out over it or anything, but it was a pleasant watch, especially with a full audience.
Hard to see a sequel without the old guy, though...