PDA

View Full Version : Noticed an issue with The Matrix last night

Neil
02-Jan-2015, 09:54 AM
So watched this classic film last night but noticed an obvious issue.

Towards the end of the film, the agents are taking over people left right and center near our heros to get near them.

At the beginning of the film however, we see the agents arriving in a car to where the police have Trinity cornered. Why didn't they just take over 3 of the police officers at the scene to get there instantly?

My view is this would have reduce the amount of time we could see Carrie-Anne Moss' super shiney latex enveloped bum, so they didn't do it.

EvilNed
02-Jan-2015, 12:18 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they take over a new body when their old one is destroyed (i.e. killed by Neo for instance).

Oh man, i feel like rewatching that now...

Neil
02-Jan-2015, 12:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they take over a new body when their old one is destroyed (i.e. killed by Neo for instance).

Oh man, i feel like rewatching that now...

Fair point... So the agents shoot themselves... :)

EvilNed
02-Jan-2015, 10:30 PM
Fair point... So the agents shoot themselves... :)

I'm pretty sure suicide is not part of their programming.

Neil
03-Jan-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm pretty sure suicide is not part of their programming.

...they shoot each other? :)

Rottedfreak
03-Jan-2015, 07:29 PM
Think of the logic of them even needing to emerge through human bodies in a virtual environment.

Neil
03-Jan-2015, 08:34 PM
I always half wished part of the way in to the second film, while in the "real world" something odd happened like a deja vu event... and they started suspecting that they hadn't really escaped the Matrix, but had simply escaped out of one version of it, into another one :)

ie: A Matrix in a Matrix :)

Publius
03-Jan-2015, 09:44 PM
ie: A Matrix in a Matrix :)
Matriception!

Neil
04-Jan-2015, 07:25 AM
Matriception!

With lots of BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR sounds too!

Trin
27-Jan-2015, 05:54 PM
So watched this classic film last night but noticed an obvious issue.

Towards the end of the film, the agents are taking over people left right and center near our heros to get near them.

At the beginning of the film however, we see the agents arriving in a car to where the police have Trinity cornered. Why didn't they just take over 3 of the police officers at the scene to get there instantly?

My view is this would have reduce the amount of time we could see Carrie-Anne Moss' super shiney latex enveloped bum, so they didn't do it.
First off, trying to apply sense to the Matrix is a fool's endeavor.

Second... yeah I'll do it anyway.

I think the Matrix actually makes sense in this regard. The Matrix is a big learning computer program. At the time it was written there was no concept of someone like Trinity. And at the time Trinity was cornered the prevailing outcome of an agent pursuing a Zionite was that the Zionite is caught. The agent's program never needed that capability until the Zionites started escaping. At that point the program responded like it would to any new problem. New algorithms were written. The agents began to exhibit the new ability. The same thing happened when Neo got so out of hand fighting agents. The program realized it needed more agents and thus the ability for Agent Smith to replicate himself emerged. It was all just calculated responses to threats.

MoonSylver
27-Jan-2015, 11:41 PM
The same thing happened when Neo got so out of hand fighting agents. The program realized it needed more agents and thus the ability for Agent Smith to replicate himself emerged. It was all just calculated responses to threats.

Didn't Smith's ability to convert others into Smith's emerge after he was freed from the control of the Matrix & went rogue, becoming a "virus"? :rockbrow: