PDA

View Full Version : UK Shaun vs. US Shaun

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 06:53 PM
I figured this had been covered before but couldn't find it through the search.

I seem to remember hearing something about there being some differences between the UK edit of "Shaun of the Dead" and the US edit. One thing that comes to mind is the scene with the girl in the garden and in the US version, Shaun says "She's drunk!" but I believe in the UK version he says "She's ****ed!".

This is only a minor and pointless difference, I know....but I was just curious as to whether or not there were any larger, more significant changes.

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 07:02 PM
he says "shes so drunk". the only difference i know of is the funky pete scene they did for when its shown on tv.

but on this note ive realised something that even americans can agree with being bad about american tv, whihc is kinda on topic.

those damn censors.

heres an example, i saw the music video for jesus in suburbia a while back and again the other day on an american music site, they blurred the bit when he cuts his hand with a razor, WHY?!?, do cencors think the american public are to dumb to realise its a plastic razor and fake blood?,
its worse in america, i ve seen a few us shows when iv been on holiday and words like gay and ass get bleeped over there, its political correctness gone mad, like when i told an american freind that jackass and dirty sanchez arent blurred with nudity and the like on mtv he didnt believe me, so before people think its stupid to think theres a difference between uk and us versions of stuff, think again cus american censors suck balls.

okay rant over:D

another one is its okay to say the f word on british tv after 9, but not in america yet, why?, god only knows...

mista_mo
17-Jul-2006, 08:28 PM
heh, If you seen the Trailer Park boys, you'd see that they say the f word quite alot after 9....altho, that is a Canadian show

Julian, get it, the vacuum cleaners my Cock

hahahahahaha, some funny as stuff.

OddDNA
17-Jul-2006, 08:34 PM
stations say the F word after 11pm or something I know Comedy Central doesnt censor stuff late night....

Also when I was in Iceland they say the F word on the radio 24 hours a day if it is in the song, they dont edit at all.

imamazed
17-Jul-2006, 08:34 PM
another one is its okay to say the f word on british tv after 9,
BBC don't seem keen on it, though,

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 08:51 PM
yeah but only people over 35 watch bbc one.:bored:

coma
17-Jul-2006, 08:56 PM
heres an example, i saw the music video for jesus in suburbia a while back and again the other day on an american music site, they blurred the bit when he cuts his hand with a razor, WHY?!?, do cencors think the american public are to dumb to realise its a plastic razor and fake blood?,

Yeah, pretty much. everything is made to fit the sensibitlities of ans 80 year old christian woman in ----(insert favorite Ultra conservative region)
They censor on Most Cable TV channels, even though they don't have to. It is not (yet, though they want to) regulatd by the FCC. THe Cable channels have standards and practices deptss that are flexible. Broadcast TV is highly censored. Evrything has to fit the needs of very small children. Plus America is very large. It takes almost a week to drive form one coast to the other. That a lot of different people to talk down to, I mean infantilize, I mean accomadate.

"SHe's so drunk" because Many American used "p*ssed" for very angry, not intoxicated. like Tele, Spanner, Lift, Chav, the use of the word brilliant, we are seperated by a common language.
]
And, sorry, Canada is Canada, America is America. Thers like a border and French and the Queen and all that stuff.:)

yeah but only people over 35 watch bbc one.:bored:

I'm so old, I might as well just die!

Whippersnapper

aga
22-Jul-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure both version are identical, they actually picked up that Yanks would be a bit confused so just wrote the line as across the pond friendly. "Drunk" always sounds a bit out of place to me in that line, but it could of been a lot worse on the whole.

EvilNed
22-Jul-2006, 01:57 AM
Good thing about Sweden is that nothing is ever cencored on television. Ever. Boobs are never blurred, cusses are never bleeped and violence is never cut. The only thing that ever happens is that the announcer before the film warns for viewer discretion, but she always does it with that knowing smile, as if she realizes nobody gives a damn anyway.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jul-2006, 02:28 AM
Shaun US vs. Shaun UK equals no difference in the DVD release. Basically it is the UK DVD made for region 1 (US). They just cut some of the features of the US DVD.

Now the Theatrical cut of Shaun in the US was slighty different than the UK theatrical release. The US cut was released by rogue and had some alternate angles during the garden scene and before they take petes car.

Danny
22-Jul-2006, 10:28 AM
heh, If you seen the Trailer Park boys, you'd see that they say the f word quite alot after 9....altho, that is a Canadian show

Julian, get it, the vacuum cleaners my Cock

hahahahahaha, some funny as stuff.

damn straight cant wait for the latest season to start over here in the uk.

"holy **** julian, i think i hit a samsquanch!":lol:

so underated, but one of thye funniest shows ever.

HLS
25-Jul-2006, 12:25 AM
he says "shes so drunk". the only difference i know of is the funky pete scene they did for when its shown on tv.

but on this note ive realised something that even americans can agree with being bad about american tv, whihc is kinda on topic.

those damn censors.

its worse in america, i ve seen a few us shows when iv been on holiday and words like gay and ass get bleeped over there, its political correctness gone mad, like when i told an american freind that jackass and dirty sanchez arent blurred with nudity and the like on mtv he didnt believe me, so before people think its stupid to think theres a difference between uk and us versions of stuff, think again cus american censors suck balls.

okay rant over:D

another one is its okay to say the f word on british tv after 9, but not in america yet, why?, god only knows...

American TV is over censored. I do not think I ever hear a bad word at all on American TV. Not even the word boob or tit is said. Hell the whole nation went into a panic over that split second niple shot of Janet Jackson. Kinda pathetic huh?

Even though I am American I do think the british do it all better.

Danny
25-Jul-2006, 12:49 AM
American TV is over censored. I do not think I ever hear a bad word at all on American TV. Not even the word boob or tit is said. Hell the whole nation went into a panic over that split second niple shot of Janet Jackson. Kinda pathetic huh?

Even though I am American I do think the british do it all better.

i know i saw an episode of wildboyz on mtv and the uk version had chrs pontius showing his happy watch face tatoo and saying something about the time being happy cus he was gay, and the word gay was bleeped on the us version, thats political corectness gone wrong right there.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jul-2006, 12:09 PM
Dude, Your bub avatar rules! :D

I don't know why the US version would bleep out GAY because the word is used on Will & Grace every 30 seconds.

coma
25-Jul-2006, 04:20 PM
. Hell the whole nation went into a panic over that split second niple shot of Janet Jackson. Kinda pathetic huh?

You couldnt even see it. There was that star pasty. ONly a millimeter of areola (spell?). Ye Gods, My childs eye will melt out!

On JAckass, It was probably beeped because GAy was used as a semi pejoratice, at least in the standars and practices eyes.

Danny
25-Jul-2006, 10:28 PM
Dude, Your bub avatar rules! :D

I don't know why the US version would bleep out GAY because the word is used on Will & Grace every 30 seconds.

and dont get me started on that bull**** show!