PDA

View Full Version : Were the bikers in DotD from the Fiddler's Green?

Crow T R0bot
17-Jul-2006, 08:27 PM
After seeing the introduction to Land Of The Dead. I couldn't help but wonder if the supply runners were actually a contingent of the motorcycle gang that attacked the Monroeville Mall at the end of "Dawn..."

Peter may have said they "Looked like they've been surviving off the road all through this thing." But did he have psychic or godly omniscient powers of sight? That could've been, and probably was a wild guess on his part.

Could Peter's 1337 sniping skillz prompted the construction of Dead Reckoning in hopes of needing less bikers and therefore, fewer casualties?

Forgive me if this has been brought up before (and link me to the threads that have brought it up while you're at it) but I was wondering what everyone here thought?

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 08:54 PM
i doubt it but its a cool theory.;)

coma
17-Jul-2006, 09:01 PM
I thought that fiddlers green was an extension of the "No private homes may be occupied." and people were moved to central areas of the cities. They walled it off and there is was.

Bikers don't submit to any authority but there own. I doubt they would want to deal with all the BS rules in the green, when they didn't have to.

bassman
17-Jul-2006, 09:02 PM
What hellsing said...

I very seriously doubt this was Romero's intentions with "Land" but it's a cool theory you have there...

I actually thought something along those lines when I first saw the crew in "Land". The first thing that popped to mind were the bikers.

Oh....and crow: "YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME BABY!"

I love MST3K:D

Crow T R0bot
17-Jul-2006, 09:20 PM
What hellsing said...

I very seriously doubt this was Romero's intentions with "Land" but it's a cool theory you have there...

I actually thought something along those lines when I first saw the crew in "Land". The first thing that popped to mind were the bikers.

Oh....and crow: "YOU KNOW YOU WANT ME BABY!"

I love MST3K:D

Hooray! A fellow MSTie!

And also, about the whole "Bikers not submitting to authority" thing, I couldn't help but notice that the radio biker's hillbilly side kick (in the blue jacket) seemed kind of out of place among the bikers. I figured maybe since they knew they couldn't stay out in the open too long, they grudgingly decided to pitch in and help out at the Green, at least until they had an excuse to hit the road again.

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 09:22 PM
Bikers don't submit to any authority but there own.

someone reads easyrider!:D

DEAD BEAT
17-Jul-2006, 09:42 PM
yeah i dont think the bikers from dawn could have been part of fiddlers green since the were only stealing **** for themselves!

plus why would blades go back,speaking of which i wish tom savini's character had more of a role!

MaximusIncredulous
17-Jul-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah i dont think the bikers from dawn could have been part of fiddlers green since the were only stealing **** for themselves!

plus why would blades go back,speaking of which i wish tom savini's character had more of a role!

The whole Blades thing in Land was hokey. From the way it looked to me, with the way he went flying off the balcony, he should've landed in the fountain on his head, nixing his revivial. At the very least, the huge number of zombies in the mall should've torn him to pieces, head impact or not. I guess fans needed to see him again.

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 10:26 PM
well thats the only thing people really put down about romeros films, he likes each zombie to look like they had a back story, but in reailty what are the odds a preist, a clown, a woman in a wedding dress, and a fat hawaian holidaymaker are gonna be in the same area, dawn was the most believabel as most of the zombeis were generic, the one i find most onfusing is the naked zombie in night, i think we can all say 'wtf?' about that.:lol:

Crow T R0bot
17-Jul-2006, 10:35 PM

Probably the same reason the zombies at the mall congregated in the first place, because maybe the FG held some importance to Blades. He was probably hanging out by the river, not knowing how to get across until Big Daddy and friends showed up.

coma
18-Jul-2006, 12:03 AM
someone reads easyrider!:D
My Father's an outlaw biker

And I was IN Iron Horse, Mofo
Recognize!

the one i find most onfusing is the naked zombie in night, i think we can all say 'wtf?' about that.:lol:

Dies in her sleep? hetting prepared at the funeral home?
Died doin the nasty?

Danny
18-Jul-2006, 12:30 AM
Dies in her sleep? hetting prepared at the funeral home?
Died doin the nasty?

BOOOOYIIING!:lol: ,eww.

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2006, 01:04 AM
I don't buy it, but wait till Philly Swat gets here--he'll love the notion :D

(No offense, Philly Swat)

Just because the merest pretesne of a connection can be perceived doesn't make it so. Also, Romero was illustrating the break down of society and the selfishness of mankind in DotD, so only in a revisionist sense, could anyone claim such a thing, and, to my mind, it still doesn't mesh.

Now, it could be said that some bikers, raiders and the like (those that didn't burn themesleves out in conflict with others, or become snback food for the zombies) would eventually swell the ranks of nascent settlements. After all, these sorts would be well suited for excursions to gather supplies.

So, sure, it's possible, but I wouldn't go betting on it.

Debbieangel
18-Jul-2006, 01:35 AM
well thats the only thing people really put down about romeros films, he likes each zombie to look like they had a back story, but in reailty what are the odds a preist, a clown, a woman in a wedding dress, and a fat hawaian holidaymaker are gonna be in the same area, dawn was the most believabel as most of the zombeis were generic, the one i find most onfusing is the naked zombie in night, i think we can all say 'wtf?' about that.:lol:

I always thought the naked zombie was for the men at the drive in...back then they werent showing alot of skin in movies..so maybe? well unless u went to those Xrated drive ins.

coma
18-Jul-2006, 03:15 AM
You may be right.
It basically is an exploitation movie, albiet a super great one.

MoonSylver
18-Jul-2006, 03:19 AM
The whole Blades thing in Land was hokey. From the way it looked to me, with the way he went flying off the balcony, he should've landed in the fountain on his head, nixing his revivial. At the very least, the huge number of zombies in the mall should've torn him to pieces, head impact or not. I guess fans needed to see him again.

The water in the fountain could've broken his fall. And if he was dead on impact, the zombies wouldn't have attacked him, as he's one of them now;)

, the one i find most onfusing is the naked zombie in night, i think we can all say 'wtf?' about that.:lol:

Naked Zombie is from a morgue. If you look real close you'll see her tag dangling from her wrist. (IIRC in the NOTLD Filmbook there is a still of her where you can even READ the darn thing!)

MaximusIncredulous
18-Jul-2006, 07:49 AM
The water in the fountain could've broken his fall. And if he was dead on impact, the zombies wouldn't have attacked him, as he's one of them now;

I dunno, maybe the water cushioned things a bit but those zombs look like they're closing in for the feast.

http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/b6921982a5.jpg

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2006, 08:13 AM
Naked Zombie is from a morgue. If you look real close you'll see her tag dangling from her wrist. (IIRC in the NOTLD Filmbook there is a still of her where you can even READ the darn thing!)

I didn't know that. That's one of the coolest new things I've learned this month. Thank you.

MzximusIncredulous, you know how to illustrate your points. You picked an awesome picture to go along with your final death of Blades argument.

MaximusIncredulous
18-Jul-2006, 09:07 AM
I didn't know that. That's one of the coolest new things I've learned this month. Thank you.

MzximusIncredulous, you know how to illustrate your points. You picked an awesome picture to go along with your final death of Blades argument.

Thanks. As for the morgue tag, I've never noticed that either even after 20+ years of viewing NOTLD:

http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/723d86a2ae.jpg

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks. As for the morgue tag, I've never noticed that either even after 20+ years of viewing NOTLD:

http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/723d86a2ae.jpg

Wow. It's so obvious in that picture. This is what I get for having the wrist as the last place on my mind when it comes to naked women.

Crow T R0bot
18-Jul-2006, 05:12 PM
I dunno, maybe the water cushioned things a bit but those zombs look like they're closing in for the feast.

http://www.storage4all.com/uploads/b6921982a5.jpg

Well, call it a shot in the dark but maybe some bikers driving by caught the zombies' attention before they got too close to Blades. Zombies can be pretty fickle when it comes to deciding which person to eat (then again, two bikers charged in front of, and behind the zombie homing in on the Blood pressure dude...maybe it varies from individual to individual).

DEAD BEAT
18-Jul-2006, 05:47 PM
did tom savini really dive head first into that shallow water?
"surprise he wasn't really dead"!:rockbrow:

Andy
18-Jul-2006, 11:09 PM
did tom savini really dive head first into that shallow water?
"surprise he wasn't really dead"!:rockbrow:
watch document of the dead.