PDA

View Full Version : this story real or not....

general tbag
18-Jul-2006, 06:53 AM
so is it real or fake..... it a very disturbing read

http://www.dansimmons.com/news/message/2006_04.htm

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2006, 08:57 AM
That was one hell of a read.

It's late, so I'm not sure what I think. I have to find out more about who the guy is who wrote it. It's written fairly well, but definitely seems like a lot of rhetoric. However, a lot of what he writes are the sort of things that cross people's most minds at one point or another.

It's funny how much reading this seems to parallel with what I read earlier about L. Ron Hubbard. Both of these guys are authors with money to be made who are telling people what they want to hear.

This guy is certainly not the first to 'predict' an all-out war between Islam and the other nations of the world.

People are getting crazy right now.

general tbag
18-Jul-2006, 09:09 AM
any thoughts on the 3 words.....

MaximusIncredulous
18-Jul-2006, 09:18 AM
Just a wild guess: Vinni Vidi Vici?

Whoever figures them out should definitely get a prize.

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2006, 09:23 AM
any thoughts on the 3 words.....

It's either a place name (of a horribly tragic event--probably nuclear or biological in origin, i.e. New York City), a date (again, of a horrible event), or Happy April Fool's.

p2501
18-Jul-2006, 01:52 PM
Umm, it's fake.

the three words i suspect are phobos, kerdos, and doxa or Fear, self-interest, and honor

zombiegirl
18-Jul-2006, 03:16 PM
It's definately fiction but a brow raising read with some good points. Great Find. :)

LoSTBoY
18-Jul-2006, 03:47 PM
Very good, and very creepy read.

Like zombiegirl says, it's obviously fake, but hit's true in some points.

AcesandEights
18-Jul-2006, 06:36 PM
Umm, it's fake.

the three words i suspect are phobos, kerdos, and doxa or Fear, self-interest, and honor

Well, certainly it's, more than likely, fake, but is it just a means to sell books?

The three words would probably not be phobos, kerdos and doxa, as the time traveler mentions that the three words would plain to anyone from his time period who was Replaying or visiting the past. The only way phobos, kerdos and doxa would be the three words would be if these are a universally accepted historical and philosophical idea for the mistakes Western Civilization will make (Something everyone would know, such as God Gold and Glory refers to the explorers coming to the New World). Also, the three words were a surprise that the narrator refuses to divulge. I assume that the writer is not divulging this information because it's shocking and/or something that cannot be known to the general public at large, at least the narrator certainly alludes that it's something to be feared. Phobos, kerdos and doxa just don't apply within that context.

general tbag
18-Jul-2006, 06:49 PM
the only three words that would make me fear the most if it indeed happen would be six six six or new world order.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy)

p2501
18-Jul-2006, 07:49 PM
Well, certainly it's, more than likely, fake, but is it just a means to sell books?

The three words would probably not be phobos, kerdos and doxa, as the time traveler mentions that the three words would plain to anyone from his time period who was Replaying or visiting the past. The only way phobos, kerdos and doxa would be the three words would be if these are a universally accepted historical and philosophical idea for the mistakes Western Civilization will make (Something everyone would know, such as God Gold and Glory refers to the explorers coming to the New World). Also, the three words were a surprise that the narrator refuses to divulge. I assume that the writer is not divulging this information because it's shocking and/or something that cannot be known to the general public at large, at least the narrator certainly alludes that it's something to be feared. Phobos, kerdos and doxa just don't apply within that context.

i'm purely guessing. in truth the three words are the gimmick, and they have no real solution. they create the post story conjecture that keeps this thing circulating as it does. keep in mind this work has been floating around the net for atleast a year. and due to it's somewhat plausability and decent construction it endures.

I dunno if the end goal of the piece is to sell books or not. I suspect it just speculative fiction containing a bit of Simmons feelings on the subject.

general tbag
26-Aug-2006, 12:18 PM
btw just an update for the people who read it. the dude who wrote doesnt claim for it to be real, he doesnt claim or deny it it a work of fiction.

Tricky
26-Aug-2006, 02:25 PM
Very interesting read,& even if it is fictional it is based on a heavy amount of fact,especially with what is happening in the UK due to the "religion of peace" they have aready demanded sharia law over here,& have been told that the country can only be run under one law,but with so many of them getting into government & congregating in important voting constituancys,it wont be long before elements of sharia law start coming in i reckon.There was that incident about alton towers theme park not long ago where they have started having "muslim days" ,any English people there have to abide by their rules,single sex rides,women covered up,no alcohol etc.Something is happening very slowy but surely,& no-one is fighting it :(

EvilNed
26-Aug-2006, 03:07 PM
It's fake!

The Great Greece he is referring to is Magna Graecia, and Magna Graecia was southern Italy, NOT Sicily! Omg, this guy so soooo stooopid!!! ;)