PDA

View Full Version : i dont get this....

DEAD BEAT
18-Jul-2006, 08:25 PM
maybe this has been brought up before,but i dont understand as every thing about all the movies stays the same as far as the plague goes:

q:why is it in land that people turn faster?

to quote riley he said his brother took less than an hour to turn, and in dawn peter says three days!:|

imamazed
18-Jul-2006, 08:29 PM
maybe this has been brought up before,but i dont understand as every thing about all the movies stays the same as far as the plague goes:

to quote riley he said his brother took less than an hour to turn, and in dawn peter says three days!:|

The virus has become more effective?

That's my reasoning, although I don't think it's that important. I mean Roger had medication and everything against that, that would get back a day or so at least.

bassman
18-Jul-2006, 08:31 PM
Maybe it depends on the circumstances.

The virus has become more effective?

Virus? Who said anything about a virus?:rockbrow:

axlish
18-Jul-2006, 08:49 PM
If you get bitten, it'll take the zombie sickness up to three days to kill you.

If you bleed to death, you'll die faster.

You don't turn until you die.

Once dead, you'll be walking in minutes.

darth los
18-Jul-2006, 09:06 PM
If you get bitten, it'll take the zombie sickness up to three days to kill you.

If you bleed to death, you'll die faster.

You don't turn until you die.

Once dead, you'll be walking in minutes.

I agree, it definitely depends on the severity of the bite. Peter was just stating his experience as riley was stating his. Maybe his brother got bit in the neck or some other critical artery. Observation #1: if you recall roger was bitten twice. Once on the arm and once on the leg, with the later being the more severe of the two. The arm wound seemed, at best, superficial. Fran said that his leg was the main problem and that the infection was spreading quickly. Who knows if the arm wound was the only bite he sustained maybe he could have lasted a week. Observation #2: In DAY, Sarah cut miguel's arm off after he had been bitten. Does anyone think that amputating the infected area in time will stop the inevitable from happening?

DEAD BEAT
18-Jul-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont think you can stop something like that,i mean your blood travels to quickly.
i think by the time they got the fire ready it already spread into his blood stream!:sneaky:

dmbfanintn
18-Jul-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree, it definitely depends on the severity of the bite. Peter was just stating his experience as riley was stating his. Maybe his brother got bit in the neck or some other critical artery. Observation #1: if you recall roger was bitten twice. Once on the arm and once on the leg, with the later being the more severe of the two. The arm wound seemed, at best, superficial. Fran said that his leg was the main problem and that the infection was spreading quickly. Who knows if the arm wound was the only bite he sustained maybe he could have lasted a week. Observation #2: In DAY, Sarah cut miguel's arm off after he had been bitten. Does anyone think that amputating the infected area in time will stop the inevitable from happening?

Thats a good post there!

I agree, it is an unknown force that reanimates anyone who dies for any reason. As it has been stated here a thousand times, it's not the bite that turns you, its the death. The bite only kills you.

Peter quote was:

"I've seen a half a dozen guys get bitten by those things none of them lasted MORE THAN THREE DAYS"

Thats the key, three days was the longest any of them lasted, the other five went in varying degrees of time.

These were not explanatory statements as to how long it takes to turns. They were more like statemenst of how long it took that individuals bite to kill them.

Certainly this amount of time is dependent of several factors such as bite severity and blood loss, ect.

I guess real question would be how long after death does it take "The Reason" to turn you into a zom??

Monrozombi
19-Jul-2006, 12:44 AM
another "weird" case of fast turning was Karen in NOTLD. It was the outset of the plague, she turned in under one night. I'm guessing 12-15 hours. Her bite, wasn't lethal in the sense that she was going to die from bleeding out. The only explanations I can think of are that: her immune system was weak due to maybe lack of immunization. No antibiotics to clean the wound and infection spread faster? So she turned pretty quick as well

OddDNA
19-Jul-2006, 01:01 AM
How much she bleed before they got her to the house....she may have lost a lot of blood....or maybe she is a child and that could account for her weakened immune system? Who knows....

Deadman_Deluxe
19-Jul-2006, 01:11 AM

You are confused.

Riley's brother could well have turned within the hour, that sounds perfectly reasonable to me. MOST people turn within the first hour hour, usually less, sometimes just a couple of minutes, and sometimes 30 - 60 minutes after death.

You then compare this apparent contradiction to rogers demise and state that he took three days to turn, when he actually took three days to die, from infection, and turned within a minute or two AFTER he died.

Turning and dying ... dying and turning ... two different things ... see?

Therefore i think that the contradition only exists within your own misunderstanding.

HLS
19-Jul-2006, 03:21 AM

i figure overtime the virus or what ever caused the dead to rise may have advanced and mutated. But heck it was funner when it took for ever to turn like in Peters case.

EvilNed
19-Jul-2006, 08:37 AM
Also, you can't expect there to be to much consistency between the films. As Romero has said himself, between the films he changes his minds about some things, he makes up new rules or disregards old ones. In the LOTD soundtrack he gives an example: In the original Night of the Living Dead, you could kill the zombies by fire but according to him, this is not possible in the later films.

Sometimes you just have to accept that some rules vary slightly from film to film. They're not wholly universal.