PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Episode VIII (film) - Rogue Squadron

Neil
12-Mar-2015, 05:47 PM
Directed by Looper's Rian Johnson - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/70690

May 26th, 2017 release date. Basically the 40th anniversary.

bassman
13-Mar-2015, 05:06 PM
They make it a tad bit confusing, but Rogue Squadron is actually the spin off directed by Gareth Edwards(Godzilla). Rian Johnson's Episode VIII doesn't yet have an official title.

Very VERY much looking forward to what Johnson can do, though. He's made quality science fiction films and some of the best episodes of TV series' like Breaking Bad.

DayoftheZ
16-Apr-2015, 06:52 PM
ngElkyQ6Rhs

I have to say this looks much better than I thought it would. I had plenty of Hell Yeah moments watching this video alone.

Neil
16-Apr-2015, 09:16 PM
^^ Fingers crossed!

MinionZombie
17-Apr-2015, 09:12 AM
Lookin' good! Getting quite stoked for this - and I love it that it's still shrouded in mystery unlike *ahem* Terminator: Genisys et al ... take note, Hollywood trailer editors!

The video has been up for, what, less than a day? It's already got 16.5 million hits on the Star Wars YouTube channel! :stunned:

DayoftheZ
17-Apr-2015, 04:24 PM
Lookin' good! Getting quite stoked for this - and I love it that it's still shrouded in mystery unlike *ahem* Terminator: Genisys et al ... take note, Hollywood trailer editors!

The video has been up for, what, less than a day? It's already got 16.5 million hits on the Star Wars YouTube channel! :stunned:

Two thirds of them were me!!:D

I have to say it looks good and this is coming from somebody who for the most part disliked a lot of the prequels. I also despise all the edits that Lucas made to the films and as I don't have a decent cut I haven't watched the films for a few years.

wayzim
17-Apr-2015, 05:38 PM
And even better news, the new robot star; BB-8, isn't CGI, it's a practical effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABzjUf3E_0c

shootemindehead
17-Apr-2015, 09:50 PM
Poor old Peter Mayhew looking very uncomfortable with his back problems there.

EvilNed
18-Apr-2015, 08:54 AM
Looks alright I guess. Where's the Enterprise?

rongravy
18-Apr-2015, 11:05 PM
Looks alright I guess. Where's the Enterprise?
Must be in the shop...