PDA

View Full Version : Mission Impossible 5 (film)

Neil
23-Mar-2015, 10:00 AM
Lets hope it's like 3 & 4, and nothing like 2!

tNPZGc0WmfM

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2015, 12:47 PM
M:I 2 was one of those films that I really enjoyed when it first came out, but I was also a teenager then so it's hardly surprising. I've not seen it in years, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit cringy in some respects now.

M:I 3 & 4 on the other hand - both excellent, although #4 wins out in my view. Two stand out sequences being the Burj Khalifa bit (of course) and that bit inside the Kremlin going down that corridor really quietly with that imaging sheet thingy (it was so tense!!!) ... rather looking forward to seeing M:I 5 ... not sure if I'll get to see it in the cinema, but it's certainly looking like a Blu-Ray pre-order at least. :)

Neil
23-Mar-2015, 02:56 PM
M:I 2 was one of those films that I really enjoyed when it first came out, but I was also a teenager then so it's hardly surprising. I've not seen it in years, but I'd imagine it'd be a bit cringy in some respects now.

M:I 3 & 4 on the other hand - both excellent, although #4 wins out in my view. Two stand out sequences being the Burj Khalifa bit (of course) and that bit inside the Kremlin going down that corridor really quietly with that imaging sheet thingy (it was so tense!!!) ... rather looking forward to seeing M:I 5 ... not sure if I'll get to see it in the cinema, but it's certainly looking like a Blu-Ray pre-order at least. :)
True... But I loved Philip Hoffman as the bad dude in no.3. And Ethan going all True Lies and pretending he's just Joe Average :)

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2015, 06:36 PM
A longer trailer:

nLHIJDOQdzM

That bit where he's hanging off the plane looks ruddy bonkers (in a good way)! Proper scary! Even though he was (of course) safely wired to the plane, that was done for real! :stunned:

The use of that music (or rather, the spread out 'Ready Or Not, Here I Come' lyrics) was shite though. Didn't match at all, in my opinion. The film looks awesome though.

Neil
23-Mar-2015, 08:53 PM
A longer trailer:

That bit where he's hanging off the plane looks ruddy bonkers (in a good way)! Proper scary! Even though he was (of course) safely wired to the plane, that was done for real! :stunned:

The use of that music (or rather, the spread out 'Ready Or Not, Here I Come' lyrics) was shite though. Didn't match at all, in my opinion. The film looks awesome though.

I thought the sound track was quite effective... Broke the normal orchestral approach.

bassman
24-Mar-2015, 03:14 PM
Tom Cruise has to be running out of crazy stunts for himself to perform at this point? What's next, holding on to a space rocket?

Not putting the film(s) down, the trailer looks pretty darn good. I'm glad to see it looks like Simon Pegg is getting more of a role this time around. He's been great since he came into the franchise in the third entry.

MoonSylver
24-Mar-2015, 03:31 PM
Tom Cruise has to be running out of crazy stunts for himself to perform at this point? What's next, holding on to a space rocket?

http://media.giphy.com/media/uH27sheFg9One/giphy.gif

:lol:

Neil
04-Jun-2015, 01:42 PM
nrIyFIZIgwA

MinionZombie
04-Jun-2015, 04:45 PM
It's looking awesome, but I'll probably have to wait until the Blu-Ray comes out before I get to see it - getting anyone to go to the cinema these days is like pulling teeth. :rolleyes:

But I very much look forward to getting it on Blu-Ray - Ghost Protocol was effin' great!

AcesandEights
05-Jun-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't think I've seen Ghost Protocol yet...does that mean I'm getting old, or that they've made too many Mission Impossibles?

wayzim
05-Jun-2015, 01:57 AM
I don't think I've seen Ghost Protocol yet...does that mean I'm getting old, or that they've made too many Mission Impossibles?

Honestly, these films are for you guys. If they'd just started MI with Ethan Hunt alone, I might have been there, but not after dissing Jim Phelps(the leader of MI for my generation) in the first film. Making him the villain was worse in my mind than what was done to Newt and Hicks in Alien 3. So while I rarely get honked off that way, I just can't watch any of these MI films. But do enjoy yourselves. ;)

rongravy
05-Jun-2015, 05:29 AM
For the fifth time in the series, I'm going to have to pass.

MinionZombie
05-Jun-2015, 09:37 AM

You've gotta check it out, it's a superb flick! The whole Burj Khalifa sequence had me sweaty-palmed and wriggling in my seat. I've watched that film at least four times and would gladly watch it many times more. :)

Neil
06-Aug-2015, 09:49 AM
OK.. Enjoyed the flick (new one)!

Some good solid action, and a few nice plot twists and turns...

MinionZombie
06-Aug-2015, 11:55 AM
OK.. Enjoyed the flick!

Some good solid action, and a few nice plot twists and turns...

Are you talking about Ghost Protocol, or the new one?

Neil
06-Aug-2015, 12:25 PM
^^ Latest/new one.