PDA

View Full Version : knightriders - argh!

Mike70
19-Jul-2006, 12:20 PM
i hadn't seen this movie in like 15 or 16 years so i got it from netflix. jesus h. christ in a golden chariot driven sidecar - this movie is way, way too long. 145 mins or so, beetch please. there is some really cool stuff in it and the overall idea is cool as well but man, about 40mins of this flick should've been left in the editing room. it is entirely too talky and seems to languish in extremely overlong exposition segments.

damn. not at all as good as i remembered it.

this is (in my opinion) along with season of the witch, the low point in romero's career.

Adrenochrome
19-Jul-2006, 12:40 PM
Well, once again, it's all about personal taste. I think it's one of Romero's best. It [i]IS[/s] quite long, but I didn't get bored with it like I do some of the other long flicks.
I still haven't seen Season of the Witch.......still on the list

so is There's Always Vanilla

jscott
19-Jul-2006, 01:32 PM
Give K-riders another spin, I think you'll like it more the next viewing. I absolutely hated it the first time I saw it, and now it's one of my favorites of all time.

tju1973
19-Jul-2006, 01:56 PM
Well, once again, it's all about personal taste. I think it's one of Romero's best. It [i]IS[/s] quite long, but I didn't get bored with it like I do some of the other long flicks.

so is There's Always Vanilla

I too enjoy Knightrider's, and it is my personal favorite. I think the length of it adds to the whole GAR atmosphere, but yes, I guess to each his own.

I bought the "Season of the Witch/Ther's Always Vanilla" DVD, but haven't gotten through Vanilla yet... Season? Kind of odd, but hey, its still GAR...

:)

axlish
19-Jul-2006, 02:34 PM
Knightriders is a bit lengthy, but I don't fault it for it. I dig long movies, although it does get them less play in the rotation.

I also dig Season of the Witch. As political as any of his films, it only suffered from the budget.

bassman
19-Jul-2006, 03:02 PM
I've been searching for "Knightriders".

Just the other day I finally stumbled across "The Crazies" in Borders. Of course....I find it when i'm just about flat broke.:confused:

I'm going back for it in a few days. It's calling me....

Graebel
19-Jul-2006, 11:24 PM
Knightriders = favorite for one big reason.
Tom Savini in a bikini!:D

coma
22-Jul-2006, 04:20 PM
[/b]
Worst Movie I ever saw.saw It in a theatre when I was pretty young, but I hated it. 2 hours of pure agony. Boriiiiiiiing.

Still Haven't seen Knightriders. Have the DVD but I am saving it for a special occasion. What occasion? I dunno.

Knightriders = favorite for one big reason.
Tom Savini in a bikini!:D

IWWWWWWWWWWW.

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2006, 04:25 PM
Still Haven't seen Knightriders. Have the DVD but I am saving it for a special occasion. What occasion? I dunno.

I always seem to buy movies and "save" them for who-knows-when, too. I have no idea why I don't just watch them.

Graebel
22-Jul-2006, 11:57 PM
IWWWWWWWWWWW.

Oh give me a break. Tell me you don't have a goofy crush from when you were a kid.:rolleyes:

coma
23-Jul-2006, 12:11 AM
I was just imagining the hairy guy in a speedo.
Oh wait, thats me!

Yeah I had goofy crushes, just not on guys:D

Zombie-A-GoGo
23-Jul-2006, 01:24 AM
Knightriders is one of my favorite Romero flicks. It is a little long, but not that long. Maybe 15 minutes or so could be trimmed---mostly in the "look at the cool bike stunts" department. Also, in my opinion, There's Always Vanilla is one of his better films. Monkey Shines was a really low point, as was Bruiser.

Adrenochrome
23-Jul-2006, 01:28 AM
Knightriders is one of my favorite Romero flicks. It is a little long, but not that long. Maybe 15 minutes or so could be trimmed---mostly in the "look at the cool bike stunts" department. Also, in my opinion, There's Always Vanilla is one of his better films. Monkey Shines was a really low point, as was Bruiser.
I LOVED Bruiser.

Zombie-A-GoGo
23-Jul-2006, 01:48 AM
I LOVED Bruiser.

:dead: :D

Adrenochrome
23-Jul-2006, 01:53 AM
:dead: :D
Well,.....at least we agree on Knightriders. :D ;)

Debbieangel
23-Jul-2006, 02:39 AM
Well,.....at least we agree on Knightriders. :D ;)
OK, so tell please..:( Knightriders a zombie movie? Bruisers? Monkeyshines? ALL these zombie movies??? GEEZ LOUISE!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED ALL THESE MOVIES!!!! I am truly crushed!!
Well, I am gonna make a visit to my video store and they BETTER have them!!

OK, so tell please..:( Knightriders a zombie movie? Bruisers? Monkeyshines? ALL these zombie movies??? GEEZ LOUISE!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED ALL THESE MOVIES!!!! I am truly crushed!!
I seem to live in a zombiefree town :mad:

coma
23-Jul-2006, 01:31 PM

I seem to live in a zombiefree town :mad:

Knightriders ,Bruiser, Monkeyshines are Romero fims, not zombie movies. Just a bit o' info

Debbieangel
23-Jul-2006, 09:27 PM
Knightriders ,Bruiser, Monkeyshines are Romero fims, not zombie movies. Just a bit o' info

Thanks for the info!