PDA

View Full Version : Fear The Walking Dead - first promo teaser...

MinionZombie
19-Jun-2015, 04:20 PM
KRG-d_80VSY

A mere 30 seconds, but it's the first thing we've got other than stills thus far.

Premieres in August so it says.

:)

Neil
19-Jun-2015, 06:18 PM
Looks odd! Why's he running like a loon.... from nothing?

MinionZombie
19-Jun-2015, 06:33 PM
Looks odd! Why's he running like a loon.... from nothing?

Probably saw something/experienced something in that apartment building and he's getting the hell outta dodge sharpish ... maybe he got a Jury Duty letter through the door? :D

A teasy tease, alright.

rongravy
20-Jun-2015, 12:36 AM
Well, he's pulling his pants up. Maybe he got caught by someone's dad on top of some gal...
I know that look of "OMG, he's going to kill me!!!"

MinionZombie
20-Jun-2015, 10:31 AM
Well, he's pulling his pants up. Maybe he got caught by someone's dad on top of some gal...
I know that look of "OMG, he's going to kill me!!!"

Perhaps it was someone's zombie Dad catching them in the act! :lol:

Buzzbomb
23-Jun-2015, 09:41 PM
Perhaps he'd woken up to find his 'partner/one night stand' had died overnight (perhaps OD'd on some party drug) and was in the process of reanimation...

Moon Knight
24-Jun-2015, 02:46 AM
Pretty cool teaser. I dig how much different it kinda felt compared to the main show. Also, Season 6 trailer on July 10th. :D

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2015, 06:15 PM
Another teeny weeny teaser...

t6A6EPMi1zQ

MoonSylver
26-Jun-2015, 03:37 PM
Something occurred to me the other day: one thing that will be a nice change of pace is this new series is that the Walkers will be "freshies". I totally dig everything they've done with the zed makeup's in TWD. They've arguably been the best we've ever seen. But all the old, crusty, worn out, dessicated Walkers does get a little old after a while. So glad for a change. :)

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2015, 05:50 PM
Something occurred to me the other day: one thing that will be a nice change of pace is this new series is that the Walkers will be "freshies". I totally dig everything they've done with the zed makeup's in TWD. They've arguably been the best we've ever seen. But all the old, crusty, worn out, dessicated Walkers does get a little old after a while. So glad for a change. :)

Although, to be fair, you still see some fairly fresh ones roaming around ... but yeah, being that they're this far gone in TWD, you're gonna mostly have proper minging walkers roaming about.

I'm looking forward to FTWD, and hopefully it'll be good, living up to TWD and not doing anything to harm the franchise overall.

We'll see pretty soon, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

What's that you say? You want another ickle wee teaser that's a third of the length of the last one? Well here you go!

x2FXoBNQdw4

Spooky.

Moon Knight
27-Jun-2015, 12:12 AM
I just hope the show feels completely different than the main show. So far with the music it kinda does. Last clip was pretty creepy.

MinionZombie
29-Jun-2015, 04:54 PM
Comic-Con 2015 Panel info:

http://dailydead.com/comic-con-2015-fear-the-walking-dead-key-art-revealed/

Key Art:

http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Fear-Walking-Dead-Comic-Con-key-art-01.jpg

shootemindehead
29-Jun-2015, 05:26 PM
Well, that's a damn sight better than the promo poster for the next series of 'The Walking Dead'.

MoonSylver
29-Jun-2015, 09:45 PM
Hm. Interesting location...

MinionZombie
30-Jun-2015, 10:06 AM
Well, that's a damn sight better than the promo poster for the next series of 'The Walking Dead'.

Aye. I'd prefer something more conceptual - like here for FTWD - rather than the usual "let's just smash a bunch of promo single shots into one photoshop mish-mash where the eyelines are all over the place" type deeley. It's curious, because they've had excellent promo art in the past for TWD - such as seasons 1 and 3 (the recreation of the comic lineup, as well as the compare/contrast version ... and then the one for season 3 with Rick with his massive gun out on top of a bus).

Neil
30-Jun-2015, 10:31 AM
It is going to be nice to the initial outbreak again to visit that "unique time" again... ie: Seeing a period akin the first hour or so of Dawn of the Dead...

MinionZombie
30-Jun-2015, 10:33 AM
Another dinky teaser...

LTRec6N6hjc

Moon Knight
02-Jul-2015, 12:46 AM
Aye. I'd prefer something more conceptual - like here for FTWD - rather than the usual "let's just smash a bunch of promo single shots into one photoshop mish-mash where the eyelines are all over the place" type deeley. It's curious, because they've had excellent promo art in the past for TWD - such as seasons 1 and 3 (the recreation of the comic lineup, as well as the compare/contrast version ... and then the one for season 3 with Rick with his massive gun out on top of a bus).

I don't think it's the "official" season 6 poster but more of the lines of the promo banner for Comic Con.

MinionZombie
02-Jul-2015, 09:25 AM
I don't think it's the "official" season 6 poster but more of the lines of the promo banner for Comic Con.

Aye, but even still, the ones I mentioned above were used at Comic-Con as well.

In general I wish we could get away from all this 'photoshop a bunch of single promo shots together' rubbish that we see everywhere.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2015, 04:42 PM
Another teasy teaser:

E1bIlHWIbac

And a short behind the scenes video with some of the cast:

NPMmDsikL1k

Both videos are re-uploads so everyone can see them (take the hint already, AMC - unlock your damn videos!).

Moon Knight
07-Jul-2015, 11:27 PM

This is better.

edit: If someone can make this bigger that would be great.

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2015, 10:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Sr2SnFV.png

Best to use the [img] tags. :)

facestabber
08-Jul-2015, 02:08 PM
Im looking forward to Fear. Nice way to bridge the gap. I think one of the opening shots should be Dales RV getting on an Interstate and heading East. Nice way to tie the shows together and pay homage to a season 1 original.

MinionZombie
08-Jul-2015, 03:57 PM
Two more teasers:

H8m_nI3TXQY

uSMVhz-Zidw

I think one of the opening shots should be Dales RV getting on an Interstate and heading East. Nice way to tie the shows together and pay homage to a season 1 original.

hehe, I like that idea. :)

kidgloves
11-Jul-2015, 05:04 PM
Trailer.

yzXglr5bc3w

Love it ��

MinionZombie
11-Jul-2015, 05:07 PM
I'll have to give it another spin or two, but just on first look I dug what I saw. Hopefully the full show lives up to it's big brother. :)

DayoftheZ
12-Jul-2015, 08:24 AM
Looks great and should be different enough from The Walking Dead, but with that same quality to be watchable.

I am a bit disappointed that its a BT exclusive in the UK so I am going to have to find an alternative way of watching it.

Moon Knight
12-Jul-2015, 09:02 PM
I like it! Kind of weird seeing all the "fresh" Walkers walking around. Dig the cast too.

kidgloves
13-Jul-2015, 12:32 AM
It is going to be nice to the initial outbreak again to visit that "unique time" again... ie: Seeing a period akin the first hour or so of Dawn of the Dead...

Agreed.
Maybe throw in a few stories from WWZ and approaching it from that sort of geopolitical perspective would be fantastic

Neil
13-Jul-2015, 08:12 AM
Agreed.
Maybe throw in a few stories from WWZ and approaching it from that sort of geopolitical perspective would be fantastic

Umm... Don't think Max Brooks would be too impressed with that :)

Although I suspect he'd appreciate actually seeing any of his material reaching the screen in some shape or form - Which of course hasn't happened yet :)

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2015, 10:09 AM
Images from Fear The Walking Dead:

http://dailydead.com/18-photos-from-fear-the-walking-dead/

A mix of behind the scenes and stuff from the show, including a couple of fresh walkers.

Speaking of "walkers" - I wonder what they'll be called by the characters in FTWD.

Neil
18-Jul-2015, 11:30 AM
Stiffy!!!

http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FEAR-TWD-010.jpg

OK... Bad play on words :)

shootemindehead
18-Jul-2015, 04:43 PM
Why the contacts? Dead people don't look like that.

http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FEAR-TWD-07.jpg

Ok sod the contacts :D

http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FEAR-TWD-08.jpg

MinionZombie
18-Jul-2015, 05:04 PM
Stiffy!!!

http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FEAR-TWD-010.jpg

OK... Bad play on words :)

In Neil's mind they should be advertising FTWD thusly: "The zombies will be fitter in this show!" :lol:

There's something quite creepy about that walker. In TWD we're into a very ghastly era with the decomposition - although we still get some fresher/fresh ones in the mix when it's appropriate to the story - but here in FTWD they're all going to be fresh, but then again the people might have died in really awful ways, so I don't think we'll be wanting for gore, haha!

Why the contacts? Dead people don't look like that.

http://dailydead.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/FEAR-TWD-07.jpg

When Amy resurrected as a brand new, fresh walker in season one, the actress (Emma Bell) had contacts in.

http://mandoomonk.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/wdepfive_3.png

It'll be part of how the virus affects the bodies after they die. Perhaps not immediately, but not that long after a normal death - IIRC - human eyes go milky as decomposition begins to set in. Plus, from a stand point of helping to differentiate between humans and walkers for the audience, the contacts provide a good 'lost soul' look to them ... those dead eyes can be both sad (Amy) and sinister (junkie chick above). :)

MinionZombie
21-Jul-2015, 09:36 AM
A little bit more info on the show:
http://dailydead.com/comic-con-2015-fear-the-walking-dead-interviews-with-greg-nicotero-and-dave-erickson/

Particular bits of interest:

Greg Nicotero compares the walker effects we'll see in the first season to what we saw in Night of the Living Dead:

"It sort of in the infancy of happening, so it's more like the opening scene of the Night of the Living Dead, where you see the guy walking through the cemetery. You're like, "Excuse me sir," and then he turns and attacks. It's sort of more that kind of suspense. On Fear The Walking Dead, the world is evolving with us as opposed to us being ahead of it at the start of The Walking Dead."

A big difference between the two shows is how people react to the threat of walkers, according to Dave Erickson:

"They look, for all intents and purposes, human. Your instinct is not going to be, "That's a zombie, I have to kill it!" It's going to be, "That's my neighbor, that's my friend, that's my colleague who I had coffee with yesterday and something's wrong with them, I want to help them. I'm gonna call 911. I can't get 911 because the circuits are busy".

It becomes this process of discovery. And then when you actually do have to do violence to someone to protect yourself, to protect your family, and you do have to kill, there's an emotional toll, there's a psychological toll."

While AMC hasn't said two much about Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead, beyond the fact that they've already committed to it, Greg Nicotero did have some additional details on filming and an expanded episode count:

"We'll start shooting the first of fifteen episodes for season two sometime in November or December, so I think the plan is to have a zombie TV show on 52 weeks a year. In The Walking Dead we had six episodes for our first season and I think we did twelve or thirteen in our second season."

So they're already committed to a 2nd season of FTWD with 15 episodes! Hopefully they'll know how to fill them when the time comes.

shootemindehead
21-Jul-2015, 12:48 PM
When Amy resurrected as a brand new, fresh walker in season one, the actress (Emma Bell) had contacts in.

It'll be part of how the virus affects the bodies after they die. Perhaps not immediately, but not that long after a normal death - IIRC - human eyes go milky as decomposition begins to set in. Plus, from a stand point of helping to differentiate between humans and walkers for the audience, the contacts provide a good 'lost soul' look to them ... those dead eyes can be both sad (Amy) and sinister (junkie chick above). :)

I know why they're doing it. It just bugs the crap out of me. Dead people's eyes don't change colour. They dry up in a few hours, but the iris doesn't lose colour like so many zombie films suggest. The eyes become more opaque due to the lack of oxygen, but the amount of melanin in the eye defines the colour, as it does the hair and skin and that doesn't change after death. The cornea dries giving a milky appearance, but brown eyed people are still brown eyed after death.

It's a handy way for filmmakers to make recently dead people look "different" I suppose, but it drives me up the wall. Rather like the instant crazy teeth thing that used to be a fixture in zombie cinema.

Neil
21-Jul-2015, 03:09 PM
^

At least those contacts are fairly subtle.

I hate it the moment someone dies and comes back they've instantly got crazy eyes. eg: Dawn of the Dead remake...

shootemindehead
21-Jul-2015, 03:50 PM
Well, in fairness, that's the least of that films problems.

MinionZombie
21-Jul-2015, 05:11 PM
^

At least those contacts are fairly subtle.

I hate it the moment someone dies and comes back they've instantly got crazy eyes. eg: Dawn of the Dead remake...

Well, in fairness, that's the least of that films problems.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yup.

Not as awful as that Day of the Dead 'remake' from 2008. You know, the one with the insta-rot ceiling crawlers ... geeeeeeeeeeeez!

Buzzbomb
21-Jul-2015, 10:22 PM
Couldn't changes to the iris pigmentation be a side effect of the virus, in a similar way to how it slows down the rate of decay to flesh?

Does a zombie's pupil show the same contraction response to light, or does it stay dilated?

If only we could consult Dr. Logan :)

shootemindehead
22-Jul-2015, 06:46 PM
Well, yeh, the contacts could be a side effect of the virus, like wanting to eat people. That's why the producers are using it I reckon and that's grand. But it pops up too often in zombie films.

The reason is obvious. Recently dead people don't look that scary. So, there has to be something done to make them look more freaky.

I just find that it bugs me.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol::lol::lol:

Yup.

Not as awful as that Day of the Dead 'remake' from 2008. You know, the one with the insta-rot ceiling crawlers ... geeeeeeeeeeeez!

Oh jesus...don't remind me.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2015, 09:39 AM
Oh jesus...don't remind me.

So you don't want to see this?

http://www.inevitablezombieapocalypse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/dayremake.jpg

Or remember that it also featured a vegetarian zombie called Bud?

http://www.pitofhorror.com/reviews/images/dotd/dotd5.jpg

Gee, I can't think why you'd wanna forget it ever happened... ;) :lol: :D

Neil
23-Jul-2015, 02:35 PM
^^ I'd have loved to have been in the meeting where they decided zombies climbing along ceiling tiles made sense, and would be great in a film. Christ the drink and drugs must have been epic!

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2015, 05:25 PM
^^ I'd have loved to have been in the meeting where they decided zombies climbing along ceiling tiles made sense, and would be great in a film. Christ the drink and drugs must have been epic!

Ha! I bet! I couldn't believe what I was seeing when that bit slimed it's way by my peepers ... just staggeringly awful.

There may be a hell of a lot of zombie stuff out there, and therefore an increased amount of garbage, but we're truly in a golden age of the genre. When we can debate about the use of contact lenses, or whether Rosita's costume during that one episode was really any use in the apocalypse, we can consider ourselves lucky. :) Remember those dark days when the best you got was a movie of Resident Evil? *shudders*

Truly, what a time to be a zombie fan! :cool:

One awesome zombie show - that's massively successful - and now, hopefully, fingers crossed, a second one (that's already guaranteed a second season)? How good is this? :)

shootemindehead
23-Jul-2015, 05:46 PM
There's still waaaay too much shite being made though.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2015, 06:48 PM
There's still waaaay too much shite being made though.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that ... and not even of the 'so bad it's good' variety of shite, either.

shootemindehead
23-Jul-2015, 08:50 PM
So you don't want to see this?

http://www.inevitablezombieapocalypse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/dayremake.jpg

Or remember that it also featured a vegetarian zombie called Bud?

http://www.pitofhorror.com/reviews/images/dotd/dotd5.jpg

Gee, I can't think why you'd wanna forget it ever happened... ;) :lol: :D

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/e3/e3de6d01672c80eb911687827a3fd98a9aa0838755f6f0fd48 84e753ac3e29e0.jpg

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2015, 10:05 AM
Back to the topic at hand - here's some more FTWD cast pics:

http://dailydead.com/new-fear-the-walking-dead-images/

MinionZombie
03-Aug-2015, 09:35 AM
Another teaser - this one's pretty groovy!

JpYjDMmqAz8

kidgloves
03-Aug-2015, 11:44 AM
So this show will only be available on AMC Global in the UK which is going to be on the BT tv platform. Not Sky or Virgin.
They're just asking for people to download it by making decisions like that. Who is going to go to the trouble of changing their media provider for one show?
I'd understand if you had to pay extra for the Global channel on your existing platform but to change providers is a whole load of hassle. Not gonna happen in this household.
Download it is then

Neil
03-Aug-2015, 12:27 PM
So this show will only be available on AMC Global in the UK which is going to be on the BT tv platform. Not Sky or Virgin.
They're just asking for people to download it by making decisions like that. Who is going to go to the trouble of changing their media provider for one show?
I'd understand if you had to pay extra for the Global channel on your existing platform but to change providers is a whole load of hassle. Not gonna happen in this household.
Download it is then

...Do what?

It's only on BT in the UK? WTF?

kidgloves
03-Aug-2015, 01:59 PM
Yep.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a653170/the-walking-dead-network-amc-heading-to-the-uk-on-bts-youview-platform.html#~pkj3sK8oh71dBi

Once again the tv exec's are getting greedy without any concern for the viewer.
Why it isn't distributed by Fox International like TWD is ridiculous. AMC clearly want to get a foothold in foreign markets by launching a "Global" channel by the looks of it and BT are throwing money around like it's going out of fashion.

Neil
03-Aug-2015, 06:25 PM
^^ Ho-hum... Guess what I'll be doing then :duh:

shootemindehead
04-Aug-2015, 02:23 AM
That's a really, really dumb business decision.

MinionZombie
04-Aug-2015, 08:47 AM
Yeah, that's rather duff for the millions of TWD (and therefore prospective FTWD) fans here in the UK who don't have BT (like you all, I don't either). :(

A long-term business decision - getting a foothold in the UK with BT, from what you guys are saying, willing to pay over the odds to get something to tempt in new subscribers (is Fox available on BT - therefore TWD?) ... but in the meantime any non-BT-subscribing TWD fans are scuppered.

If they really want to roll out AMC globally, why not go all out and pimp it on Sky and Virgin as well?

facestabber
10-Aug-2015, 12:30 AM
Wow!!! I love the new time lapse teaser/commercial for Fear. I think this may be a great addition.

kidgloves
11-Aug-2015, 07:36 AM
First reviews. Not very positive

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-fear-the-walking-dead-review-20150810-story.html

Yet the 90-minute premiere for "Fear the Walking Dead," the eagerly anticipated offshoot of AMC's megahit, initially feels too much like a snore, narrowly following a single, not-terribly-interesting family, and leaning heavily on musical cues to stoke a sense of suspense. A second episode begins to propel the story forward, thankfully, but for starters, anyway, it's more a snack than a feast.

http://www.indiewire.com/article/review-fear-the-walking-dead-is-a-slow-burn-prequel-that-moves-toward-its-future-too-quickly-20150805

It's neither as original or relevant, and it certainly failed to break free of any formal restrictions. Perhaps most importantly, though, the new series lacks a beating heart — even a black one. When civilization ends, it may end fast. But by moving too quickly through rich dramatic territory and doing so without much action, "Fear the Walking Dead" doesn't seem to get why anyone would care.

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2015, 09:36 AM
Hmmm ... I'll see for myself, I do wonder if there might be an element of the critics just being arsey (does anyone know what they think of TWD itself?) particularly in that second article ... but who knows, it could be disappointing.

Modest expectations are always the best thing, but I don't really know what to expect of FTWD anyway (even with the trailer and SDCC panel), so I'm going in fairly fresh. We'll see ... we'll see.

shootemindehead
11-Aug-2015, 10:53 AM
Damning the whole thing based on two episodes? WTF?

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2015, 11:28 AM
Damning the whole thing based on two episodes? WTF?

Sometimes critics just like to cause a great big stink. Time will tell with FTWD, but just look at the laughably over-the-top slamming of True Detective Season 2! :rolleyes:

facestabber
11-Aug-2015, 01:10 PM
If the reviews came from people on this forum, zombie genre fans, I would give them some standing. Now I only say some considering the division here with Land and Dawn remake for example. Regardless, I'm going to watch this.

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2015, 04:22 PM
Aye, the first season is only 6 episodes so it's not like a big commitment, so hopefully by the end of the season it should be in pretty good standing to develop over those episodes. Like you, I was always going to see it regardless of what a reviewer says.

Speaking generally with online reviews, sometimes I wonder if they're more interested in click bait opinions that can be bundled into a headline to farm hits than an actual, solid, considered and fair assessment of a filmmaker's latest work. It's like videogame reviews that give big old thumbs up to crap just because the distributor is advertising on that site.

kidgloves
11-Aug-2015, 05:01 PM
Some more positive reviews collected by The Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/the-walking-dead/11784848/Fear-The-Walking-Dead-review-of-reviews.html

EvilNed
11-Aug-2015, 08:16 PM
Of course the reviews are positive - people still watch and enjoy TWD. In my mind, TWD is a pretty poor show with way too many stupid characters that make you groan.

I'm going to give this a go, tho. The whole thing about it being set at the very beginning - during the breakdown - sounds very interesting. We haven't really seen that before.

shootemindehead
11-Aug-2015, 11:52 PM
Sometimes critics just like to cause a great big stink. Time will tell with FTWD, but just look at the laughably over-the-top slamming of True Detective Season 2! :rolleyes:

I've only read a couple of "reviews" of the second series of 'True Detective' which I thought were juvenile at best. I just finished the finale and thought it was very good over all.

Seems some people needed a guidebook for the plot though.

MinionZombie
12-Aug-2015, 09:38 AM
Seeing the start of the apocalypse isn't that 'new' - the early stages are in a way rather oversaturated as most zombie movies can't afford to be set that far into society's collapse at the undead hands of the rotting hordes ... however, FTWD does seem to take place smack bang at the start, which is something we don't tend to see all that often, and not in a Walking Dead way either, so it'll be very interesting to see the crumbling TWD style. A couple of snifters that we got in Season 2 of TWD were chilling - e.g. the bombing of Atlanta as Shane and Lori look on from the distance.

My only concern is we viewers having too much knowledge over the protagonists - I call it the 'Tremors 4 problem' - I hope we don't get too much 'oh gee, I keep shooting them in the chest but they don't go down, hurr-durr, oh wait I'll maybe try a headshot this time!' ... there'll have to be a bit of that, but hopefully not too much because we viewers already know this info. The reason why I call it the 'Tremors 4 problem' is because that movie was essentially the first flick all over again with a bunch of characters who are discovering graboids for the first time - and therefore how to combat them - but if you're watching Tremors 4 then you'll likely have seen at least one of the other three movies (and maybe even the TV show), so as a viewer of Tremors 4 you're sitting there watching people discover things that you already know and it's frustrating ... so hopefully we don't get too much of that in FTWD. We'll see, but that's my only real concern at this stage.

I've only read a couple of "reviews" of the second series of 'True Detective' which I thought were juvenile at best. I just finished the finale and thought it was very good over all.

Seems some people needed a guidebook for the plot though.

I do agree that the plot was rather complex, but in the end I got the majority of the important stuff - it just required patience to piece it all together over eight weeks - I think that maybe four protagonists, and their interconnected stories and various sets of antagonists, was an awful lot to cram into 8 episodes, but despite the complexity it was still far above most telly out there. The finale was superb, as you say, capping off a satisfying season (roll on season 3!).

shootemindehead
12-Aug-2015, 08:15 PM
I hope we don't get too much 'oh gee, I keep shooting them in the chest but they don't go down, hurr-durr, oh wait I'll maybe try a headshot this time!' ... there'll have to be a bit of that, but hopefully not too much because we viewers already know this info.

Bollix to that. We just need to get this guy in. he knows the score.

https://horrorpediadotcom.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/zombie-creeping-flesh-2.jpg

I do agree that the plot was rather complex, but in the end I got the majority of the important stuff - it just required patience to piece it all together over eight weeks - I think that maybe four protagonists, and their interconnected stories and various sets of antagonists, was an awful lot to cram into 8 episodes, but despite the complexity it was still far above most telly out there. The finale was superb, as you say, capping off a satisfying season (roll on season 3!).

Exactly. But it seems that particular virtue is lost on a lot of the Friendface/Twater generation.

paranoid101
19-Aug-2015, 12:42 PM
Might have some good news on where to watch this in the UK, was flicking through Sky TV last night and came across a channel called AMC from BT which starts on the 28th of Aurgust, its Channel number 192 on normal Sky I don't have HD.

Fingers cross this is where we can watch it.

kidgloves
19-Aug-2015, 04:07 PM
Might have some good news on where to watch this in the UK, was flicking through Sky TV last night and came across a channel called AMC from BT which starts on the 28th of Aurgust, its Channel number 192 on normal Sky I don't have HD.

Fingers cross this is where we can watch it.

Great news.
There's a rumour doing the rounds that it'll be on Virgin as well by the end of this month.

MinionZombie
19-Aug-2015, 04:40 PM
Oh aye? I'll have to check that myself and see what's what. Thanks for the heads up paranoid101!

DayoftheZ
19-Aug-2015, 08:22 PM
https://recombu.com/digital/article/amc-from-bt-sky-bt-tv-epgs

Only for those with Sky and subscribed to BT Sports at £20 a month I will pass.

MinionZombie
20-Aug-2015, 09:32 AM
https://recombu.com/digital/article/amc-from-bt-sky-bt-tv-epgs

Only for those with Sky and subscribed to BT Sports at £20 a month I will pass.

Ah. Buggered again, then. :rolleyes:

paranoid101
27-Aug-2015, 12:57 AM
Ah. Buggered again, then. :rolleyes:

Ok the plot thickens, I decide to see if sky channel 192 AMC from BT was going to show Fear the Walking Dead, while scanning through I reached this Monday coming and at 9pm Fear the Walking Dead is being shown, but unlike all the other films and shows its says "Freeview Fear the Walking Dead", just maybe the show will be shown on AMC from BT for free.

MinionZombie
27-Aug-2015, 08:33 AM
Ok the plot thickens, I decide to see if sky channel 192 AMC from BT was going to show Fear the Walking Dead, while scanning through I reached this Monday coming and at 9pm Fear the Walking Dead is being shown, but unlike all the other films and shows its says "Freeview Fear the Walking Dead", just maybe the show will be shown on AMC from BT for free.

So that's Monday 31st, then?

Interesting ... will have to see if that pans out. But a week long gap? WTF is that about?

paranoid101
27-Aug-2015, 12:47 PM
Yep the 31st, they might be like drug dealers and give you the first hit for free lol

DayoftheZ
27-Aug-2015, 07:58 PM
Yep the 31st, they might be like drug dealers and give you the first hit for free lol

Exactly that.

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/first-episode-of-fear-the-walking-dead-to-be-shown-free-of-charge-on-bt-showcase-11363999631184