PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Rice, author of Kolchak: The Night Stalker died. 7/1/15

wayzim
28-Jul-2015, 02:05 PM
What can I say, I was and still am a huge Night Stalker fan since first watching the two Made for TV movies and the series as a teen in the 70's. While Darren McGavin was the heart of the show, Jeff Rice was the father who bought an amusing touch of journalistic cynicism to the Horror genre. Shamefully, this is the only book I'd read by the man himself, but it was a brisk fun read and nothing to be ashamed of.

http://therapsheet.blogspot.com/2015/07/blog-post.html

rongravy
29-Jul-2015, 12:12 AM
Awwww, and I'm surprised I didn't already hear about it from my sister, who is a huge fan. We used to watch them as a kid, and the doppleganger one where he hugged and crushed you was the scariest to me, because he could look like a loved one.
Spookeh!!!

wayzim
29-Jul-2015, 11:36 AM
Awwww, and I'm surprised I didn't already hear about it from my sister, who is a huge fan. We used to watch them as a kid, and the doppleganger one where he hugged and crushed you was the scariest to me, because he could look like a loved one.
Spookeh!!!

Horror in The Heights, with guest star Phil Silvers, was one of those episodes which confirmed my growing interest in folklore and mythology. After it aired I immediately tracked down everything I could find which mentioned the Rakshasa of Hindu myth. And our sweet Miss Emily, what a fun character.

Mike70
16-Sep-2015, 10:31 PM
Horror in The Heights, with guest star Phil Silvers, was one of those episodes which confirmed my growing interest in folklore and mythology. After it aired I immediately tracked down everything I could find which mentioned the Rakshasa of Hindu myth. And our sweet Miss Emily, what a fun character.

I am one of the biggest kolchak fans on planet earth. My favorite ep is easily "The Knightly Murders"the performance of John Dehner alone is amazing. "Do you intuit my meaning?"

I watch Kolchak every single friday night, either one of the episodes or the movies- both of which are really, really good. To say the least...

Kolchak, like Logan's Run (the movie and the tv show), is something i never get tired.

MoonSylver
16-Sep-2015, 11:45 PM
I am one of the biggest kolchak fans on planet earth. My favorite ep is easily "The Knightly Murders"the performance of John Dehner alone is amazing. "Do you intuit my meaning?"

I watch Kolchak every single friday night, either one of the episodes or the movies- both of which are really, really good. To say the least...

Kolchak, like Logan's Run (the movie and the tv show), is something i never get tired.

I love that show & Darren McGavin. One of my dad's favorites. I started brushing up on it again on Netflix. :)

Legion2213
20-Oct-2015, 01:00 AM
Show was a huge inspiration for Chris Carters "X-Files"

Great show, sad loss!