PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool(film)

bassman
28-Jul-2015, 03:18 PM
I thought there was a thread on this, but the search didn't turn up any results. So mods please merge if there is...

Anyway, of all the nerdy movie news to come out of Comic Con this year, I haven't seen anyone here talking about Ryan Reynolds' next turn as Deadpool. He played the character in the first Wolverine solo film, X-men Origins: Wolverine, but that was a complete abomination of the character. Since then, Reynolds has lobbied hard for a real film adaptation of "The merc with the mouth". At some point last year, a reel of test footage was leaked online and fans of the character went apeshit screaming that this film HAD to be made. You can see that test footage below:

RWQI5oaIVZ4

After this was released, Reynolds stated that he owed whoever leaked it a "long open-mouthed wet kiss" and he was able to use the overwhelming positive fan reaction to the video to convince the studio to finance the Hard-R rated superhero film. Flash forward to this year at Comic Con and they showed a fantastic red band trailer. The official version has yet to be released online, but even the bootleg copy shows just how much of a fun (adult) time at the movies this film is going to be. I couldn't find it on youtube because it's bootleg, but here is an external link: http://movieweb.com/movie/deadpool/comic-con-trailer/

It's extremely rare that we get an R-rated superhero flick and this looks like Reynolds and company may have pulled off a fantastic adaptation of this character. I for one cannot wait to see this thing. Hell...I'm anxiously awaiting the first officially-released trailer.

croakker
07-Aug-2015, 05:23 AM
I think I touched myself after watching it!!! Please Please be good......PLEASE

Neil
07-Aug-2015, 01:01 PM
Previous video doesn't work for me...

FyKWUTwSYAs

Neil
19-Jan-2016, 01:15 PM
olE3gTFOugs

MinionZombie
02-Feb-2016, 06:19 PM
Rated "R" in America ... and just now rated 15 (uncut) in the UK ... the MPAA system is stupid, so I had to have a bit of a rant about it:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/deadpools-uk-rating-illustrates-why.html

:)

Thoughts?

bassman
05-Feb-2016, 06:45 PM
I agree that the MPAA system is often extremely flawed, but in this case....I couldn't care less. It's such a rare thing to have a true adult-themed superhero film that I'm just amazed it happened at all without watering it down for the more profitable PG13 rating. With Kingsmen and now Deadpool, I hope this is a trend that can continue on...

rongravy
06-Feb-2016, 12:11 AM
Yeah, but there's always the "Special Edition Unrated Director's Cut"...
:elol:

MinionZombie
06-Feb-2016, 10:42 AM
I agree that the MPAA system is often extremely flawed, but in this case....I couldn't care less. It's such a rare thing to have a true adult-themed superhero film that I'm just amazed it happened at all without watering it down for the more profitable PG13 rating. With Kingsmen and now Deadpool, I hope this is a trend that can continue on...

Indeed, it's good that there's been some R-Rated action flicks coming out again - but if the MPAA had a better spread of ratings, the studios would be able to make more money and maintain the integrity of the flick - and we might see more harder edged movies and far less instances of tougher franchises getting watered down for the sodding PG-13 rating. Considering how money driven the studios are I'm surprised they haven't campaigned for a realignment of the ratings system. :confused:

Neil
09-Feb-2016, 07:25 PM
Seeing this Thursday night probably...

Neil
12-Feb-2016, 08:03 AM
OK! Good fun flick!

Very un-PC, and nice and original for it!