PDA

View Full Version : What would be your 10mil sandwich?

prettycorpses
20-Jul-2006, 10:42 AM
Have you seen the ad for it? its showing in the UK not sure if America are doing it?? Its by Hellmans Mayo...........

Just wondered what everyones fave sandwich is?....yeh Im bored...kinda watching the 1st series of Bottom but bored now.....

mine is a crisp, pickled onion and salad cream sandwich but I am also partial to
a sausage,crisp, jam and brown sauce sarnie too :D
or a pizza sandwich...ok so I cant choose........

Adrenochrome
20-Jul-2006, 10:45 AM
peanut butter, alfalfa sprout and poppy-seed dressing on wheat.:D

AcesandEights
20-Jul-2006, 10:55 AM
Damn you!

I can't eat till this afternoon because of a blood test, I'm fasting and starving.

Damn youssssssss!

I do like thinly sliced roast beef with some cheese (maybe swiss, but I'll take white American) with mayo and horse radish. Damn does that sound good right about now...

prettycorpses
20-Jul-2006, 10:56 AM
Damn you!

I can't eat till this afternoon because of a blood test, I'm fasting and starving.

Damn youssssssss!

I do like thinly sliced roast beef with some cheese (maybe swiss, but I'll take white American) with mayo and horse radish. Damn does that sound good right about now...

:lol: sorry

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2006, 11:41 AM
"Disco sandwich" - two slices of soft, white bread spread from corner to corner with margerine, get a bag of salt & vinegar flavour Discos (crisps) and pour them on - bingo - a gloriously delicious sandwich.

These days though I often eat french bread with either chicken or turkey (sometimes ham) as the filler, sprinkled generously with salt and pepper. Noiiice! Just finished having one just now in fact, *smacks lips/rubs gut* yummy.

LoSTBoY
20-Jul-2006, 11:59 AM
Crispy Bacon Sandwich with tomato sauce. :p

MinionZombie
20-Jul-2006, 12:02 PM
Ooh, yeah, bacon sarnies ... them were the days (also at Uni). I used to whack some bacon under the grill, got it quite crisp, toasted two slices of white bread and stuck it all together with a splodge of tomato sauce ... the freshly toasted bread and the hot bacon at that time of day when you're feeling just the right level of peckish was just legendary ... soooo good.

MaximusIncredulous
20-Jul-2006, 02:30 PM
I'll have me a grilled chicked on a roll, with spicy mustard and jalapeno peppers.

Did you get my order?

Jeez the service here is terrible :mad:.

p2501
20-Jul-2006, 02:51 PM
Paper thin black forrest ham, and sharp chedder, baked on french bread, served with either home made honey mustard or spicy brown mustard.

Kaos
20-Jul-2006, 05:02 PM
Damn you!

Damn youssssssss!

Mine is a variation on yours. I add sliced black olives and put it on a Kaiser roll.:D

Debbieangel
20-Jul-2006, 09:11 PM
I go to my fav sandwich/sub place and order a regular hoagie/sub and it has all kinds of deli meat/cheese/lettuce/tomato/onions/ crushed red peppers w/their special sauce....ooooh now ya made me hungry :D
Believe me these are the best hoagies anywhere...I went to Subway and they dont even measure up to the Regular hoagies at this store. They have been in business probably atleast 35 yrs and well known for their hoagies.

zombie04
20-Jul-2006, 09:25 PM
For me it's a Reuben. Corned beef(not pastrami, just isn't the same), sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and occasionally Thousand Island dressing on it(I didn't like it for a while, but now I'm catching on), on seedless rye bread and cooked in a skillet. Now I'm just hungry thinking about it, off to Taco Bell.

HLS
20-Jul-2006, 09:27 PM
I really do not eat sandwiches much but I like limburger cheese on homemade bread also grilled cheese with jalapinos.

Kaos
20-Jul-2006, 09:50 PM
For me it's a Reuben. Corned beef(not pastrami, just isn't the same), sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and occasionally Thousand Island dressing on it(I didn't like it for a while, but now I'm catching on), on seedless rye bread and cooked in a skillet. Now I'm just hungry thinking about it, off to Taco Bell.

Reubens are great. A number of places around me have a variation which includes a combo of corned beef and pastrami with cole slaw replacing the saurkraut. It is mighty awesome actually. They don't call it a Reuben because it isn't, but the name varies place by place.

Adrenochrome
20-Jul-2006, 10:27 PM
I go to my fav sandwich/sub place and order a regular hoagie/sub and it has all kinds of deli meat/cheese/lettuce/tomato/onions/ crushed red peppers w/their special sauce....ooooh now ya made me hungry :D
Believe me these are the best hoagies anywhere...I went to Subway and they dont even measure up to the Regular hoagies at this store. They have been in business probably atleast 35 yrs and well known for their hoagies.
ahhh yes.....there's a little sandwich place I use to visit when I lived in Memphis......they've been around for years also....Subway ain't got Jack on these kinds of places.
There's also a place called Dyer's Hamburgers that claims to have been deep frying burgers, hot-dogs and fish in the same greese for 100 years. (not sure if that's just an urban legend to keep customers, but, they sure make some damned fine burgers.)
Dyer's Link (http://www.hollyeats.com/Dyers.htm) If any of you are ever in Memphis, ya gotta try this place!
I haven't found a burger joint that compares with Dyer's here in Kansas City, BUT!!!!!!
The Al Habashi market in the City Market district makes a BAD ASS Lamb Gyro

CoinReturn
20-Jul-2006, 10:32 PM
Jill sandwiches are the best.:p

Graebel
21-Jul-2006, 12:01 AM
Chicken cordon bleu.........mmmmmmmmm:cool:

HLS
21-Jul-2006, 12:16 AM
There was a place here in Kansas called Bobs Big Burgers. It was awesome. They changed names like twice the past year. Very good burgers. Ham and swiss grilled ummmmm now this thread is making me hungry....Also bacon, egg and cheese sandwitches on a roll is good.

MapMan
21-Jul-2006, 12:20 AM
I had a cucumber and cream cheese sandwhich with a hint of dill today
It was damn good.

favorite: Smoked turkey with mayo and spicy mustard on wheat.

AcesandEights
21-Jul-2006, 03:12 AM
Chicken cordon bleu.........mmmmmmmmm:cool:

Man, there was this place by where I used to work ages ago in Tarrytown that made THE best Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwichs!

So, I made it through fast and had my 10mil sandwich this evening.

Damn, was it worth it!

coma
22-Jul-2006, 04:17 PM
Don't know whats a 10mil, A sarnie or a salad cream is, but her I go

I love a reuben. Thats a hell of a sammich.
Katz deli on delancey in Manhattan makes a killer reuben. Its like 3 feet high.

Heres' a good one

Roast Beef and Swiss on a toasted onion bagel with cream cheese and brown deli mustard.
and

Knish with cheddar, Deli mustard and sauerkarut. Must be crispy.

Danny
22-Jul-2006, 06:26 PM
a 5 mile long phillie cheese steak butty, that be worth the cash :lol:

or a sausage sandwich that never could be finishe dor go could, trust me you americans irish sausage makes american hot dogs taste like vomit.

...mostly cus when they make it over here theyve been pickled for like a month:barf:

coma
22-Jul-2006, 06:44 PM
trust me you americans irish sausage makes american hot dogs taste like vomit.

...mostly cus when they make it over here theyve been pickled for like a month:barf:

I got an Irish sausage for ya right here, buddy!:eek: :)

Nathans dogs are the bomb!
Sabretts in the House!

They pickle hot dogs!?!?! WTF?

Danny
22-Jul-2006, 07:32 PM
yeah they make it over here pickled in jars like gerkins.

and yes they do taste as discusting as that sounds:dead:

EDIT: oh and sometimes in tins, but still in brine...which i thought was somekinda pirate beverage,lol.

Debbieangel
23-Jul-2006, 02:48 AM
yeah they make it over here pickled in jars like gerkins.

and yes they do taste as discusting as that sounds:dead:

EDIT: oh and sometimes in tins, but still in brine...which i thought was somekinda pirate beverage,lol.

Did ya ever hear of a pickled polish sausage..ya get them in a jar...soooo good!! You can buy them usually at your fav pub or buy the smaller ones in a jar. ooooh gee now I have to go buy them and fight my hubby to keep him out of the jar. lol This post sounds alittle bad lolll not meant that way!!lol

AssassinFromHell
23-Jul-2006, 02:50 AM
Have you seen the ad for it? its showing in the UK not sure if America are doing it?? Its by Hellmans Mayo...........

Just wondered what everyones fave sandwich is?....yeh Im bored...kinda watching the 1st series of Bottom but bored now.....

mine is a crisp, pickled onion and salad cream sandwich but I am also partial to
a sausage,crisp, jam and brown sauce sarnie too :D
or a pizza sandwich...ok so I cant choose........

Angelina Jolie, Gillian Anderson, and Asia Argenta :D