PDA

View Full Version : RIP Wes Craven

Neil
31-Aug-2015, 08:32 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34104752

American horror film director Wes Craven, creator of the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise, has died aged 76.

US media reported that Craven died at his Los Angeles home on Sunday from brain cancer.

Craven wrote and directed A Nightmare on Elm Street in 1984. His Scream franchise was reported to have grossed more than $100m (£65m) in the US.

I'll be watching "A Nightmare on Elm Street" this week!

MinionZombie
31-Aug-2015, 10:44 AM
WHAT?!?!

Had no idea Craven had brain cancer, or that he was ill in any way, so this comes totally out of the blue. :stunned:

:(

shootemindehead
31-Aug-2015, 11:05 AM
Christ, that really is out of the blue. Didn't even know he was sick.

I can't say I was his biggest fan, I can only cite 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' as a particular favorite, but his impact on American horror film is a very important one.

MoonSylver
31-Aug-2015, 03:39 PM
I think it must have been pretty unexpected, as he had several deals in place for projects he was producing with various companies and studios.

Man launched TWO major franchises & left behind a solid body of work overall. Besides "NOES" & the "Scream" series you've got a resume that includes "Last House on the Left", "The Hills Have Eyes", "Swamp Thing", "Deadly Friend", "The Serpent and the Rainbow", "Shocker", "The People Under the Stairs", "Vampire in Brooklyn", "Cursed", "Red Eye", & "My Soul to Take".

RIP to one of the great directors in horror. :(