PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting the original version of the Star Wars Trilogy released?

Neil
19-Sep-2015, 04:18 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Original-Star-Wars-Trilogy-Theatrical-Cuts-Could-Coming-Back-83587.html

bassman
19-Sep-2015, 04:57 PM
This rumour pops up every few months and it always comes with the same problem: 20th Century Fox owns the home video release rights to the existing films for many more years to come. Disney has rights to new material, but when lucasfilm was sold to Disney, it was specifically stated that the original and prequel trilogies would remain with Fox for some years to come. Maybe 2020 or 2025, iirc...

Could Fox release the original trilogy edits? Absolutely, that's possible. However, these articles always say that it's Disney, which leads me to believe it's just clickbait.

Neil
19-Sep-2015, 05:57 PM
:(

Strangely I like the special editions which just had a few effects replaced/improved, and that was about it...

bassman
19-Sep-2015, 10:29 PM
Given the choice, I would certainly pick the original edit release over the special editions. However, I also don't loathe the SE edits as much as some. Sure, a great deal of it is pointless, but it doesn't ruin the overall effect or impact of the original trilogy.