PDA

View Full Version : Yeh! Proper Thunderbirds is back!

Neil
30-Sep-2015, 01:17 PM
Three new episodes being made in the same fashion as 50 years ago, even in the same studio/warehouse! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34256587

Rumour is, they've received so many donations, they're looking to do more too!

MinionZombie
01-Oct-2015, 09:48 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now this I'm excited about! :hyper:

A great idea, so it is, to bring audio stories to life on the screen using the traditional techniques. They're right - the tangible, physical, practical nature of the puppets and sets brings it to life. When I was a kid watching these shows when they hit big again in the 90s I was enthralled by them, and as they said, it felt like my toys had come to life. It was a world that made sense - where you're scrabbling about on your belly on your bedroom carpet with toy cars and such with blockbuster movies going through your head. Yes, we can see the strings, and yes the puppets have limitations, but the spirit of it far outweighs the limitations and encourages your imagination to paint a far more elaborate picture.

I can't wait to see the final product(s). :cool::thumbsup::)

Neil
01-Oct-2015, 10:19 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now this I'm excited about! :hyper:

A great idea, so it is, to bring audio stories to life on the screen using the traditional techniques. They're right - the tangible, physical, practical nature of the puppets and sets brings it to life. When I was a kid watching these shows when they hit big again in the 90s I was enthralled by them, and as they said, it felt like my toys had come to life. It was a world that made sense - where you're scrabbling about on your belly on your bedroom carpet with toy cars and such with blockbuster movies going through your head. Yes, we can see the strings, and yes the puppets have limitations, but the spirit of it far outweighs the limitations and encourages your imagination to paint a far more elaborate picture.

I can't wait to see the final product(s). :cool::thumbsup::)

I tried watching the new reboot series and it just felt wrong... When one of the them was space surf boarding around in space, I turned off...