PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard prequel/sequel (film)

Neil
15-Oct-2015, 09:37 AM
Oh God! I loved Die Hard! IMHO it's one of the best action films ever made. What made it so good IMHO is how McClane was thrown into a situation seemingly unlike anything else he'd ever been in, and had to overcome it with logic and brute force/violence.

But now they're seemingly happy to turn him into a seemingly habitual action hero, where this sort of stuff is just more of the norm for him - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Die-Hard-Getting-Prequel-Get-Details-88367.html

Fox is pursuing would have Willis acting in a bookending story that frames a main story set in 1979, with young John McClane as a beat cop in New York City… long before the day he became a national hero by saving the victims of Nakatomi Plaza.

It's been diluted (spoiled) enough... Just leave it be? I've not even bothered watching 4 & 5...

shootemindehead
15-Oct-2015, 09:35 PM
Another franchise that needed to die after the first film wrapped.

bassman
16-Oct-2015, 02:10 PM
It really is time to just let it die. 1-3 are classics as far as I'm concerned, 4 was enjoyable, even close to the original trilogy, but 5 was crap. So four out of five isn't so bad. Time for McClane to count his blessings and turn in his badge, I say...

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2015, 04:57 PM
The first three are all excellent (although, out of the original three, #2 is the least ... although being stylistically very close to DH1 goes in its favour).

Die Hard 4 ... the PG-13 rating was idiotic, although I can understand the reasoning. The 'unrated' DVD version makes it a little better, but at least the film is quite enjoyable and has some real conviction behind it from all involved (despite the lack of hard-edged violence, and the annoying amount of 'super McClane' antics going on).

Die Hard 5 can f*** right off, though. What a heap of shit. I mean really ... an utter turd in a piss blanket, that film. A few good action moments scattered about, but terribly written, filled with idiotic moments (McClane & Son are apparently impervious to radiation). Looked good fun from the trailer, but then saw the movie and good lord ... a bucket of bum bombs, so it was. Bruce Willis turning into a grumpy old arsehat didn't help matters either - dude, if you don't want to do press junkets then don't sign up for them or stop making movies. Yeah, you've probably grown a bit tired of them by now, but talk about a miserable bastard! :stunned: