PDA

View Full Version : Laughing for all the wrong reasons....

prettycorpses
21-Jul-2006, 11:56 AM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=4518

Dont know if you've all seen this but Im praying its not true!!!

bassman
21-Jul-2006, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I read this yesterday.

Why would you be praying that it's not true? He might actually make a good Joker.

I have trust in Christopher Nolan(Director)......that guy knows what he's doing. If Ledger is really going to be the next Joker and it's not just a rumor, then I'm sure he's good for the part.

I mean...think about the casting in "Batman Begins". Some of those names didn't seem to fit when they were first announced(Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson, etc. - In a BATMAN movie??) But those charactors/actors were all spot-on. My only gripe with the casting of the first film was Katie Holmes and that was very minor.

I'm looking forward to this. If it's true, I'm thinking Ledger will make a good Joker. But who will be Harley Quinn?.............

prettycorpses
21-Jul-2006, 12:27 PM
Suppose you got a point but...hmm I'm just not convinced Ledger can do the crazies needed to play Joker but then we've never seen him in a role like it before!!

Harley...I guess they can get away with having anyone play her, shes not that well known to some people so I dont think people will complain too much! Id like to see an unknown coz I cant think of anyone to play her!?

bassman
21-Jul-2006, 12:39 PM
Harley...I guess they can get away with having anyone play her, shes not that well known to some people so I dont think people will complain too much! Id like to see an unknown coz I cant think of anyone to play her!?

I used to think this actress would be perfect for that role. Her name is Lori Petty. She was in "A League of Their Own", "Point Break", and played "Tank Girl" in the film adaptation of the comic. I used to always think she was perfect for Quinn, somehow.....

prettycorpses
21-Jul-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh yeh I agree she was good as Tank Girl and shes got that kinda crazy look about her....good suggestion there Bassman311 now all you gota do is tell the guys in charge and get them to hire her before they hire some bimbo who looks good in not too many clothes!!

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jul-2006, 03:09 PM
Suppose you got a point but...hmm I'm just not convinced Ledger can do the crazies needed to play Joker but then we've never seen him in a role like it before!!

Clearly you haven't seen Lords of Dogtown. If this is true, this will be the best BATMAN movie ever. Heath is made for this part and I have 100% confidence in Him and Nolan.

Now that the news is out... I am eagerly awaitng BATMAN BEGINS 2 or whatever the hell they call it.

HLS
21-Jul-2006, 03:15 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=4518

Dont know if you've all seen this but Im praying its not true!!!

Heath Ledger? NO way do i seehim doing that role. gawd!:eek:

p2501
21-Jul-2006, 03:27 PM
He'll do perfectly.

consider the fact it is just a rumor, and how outstanding the casting was in the first film. then sit back and relax.

Nolan is going to nail this one out of the park.

MinionZombie
21-Jul-2006, 05:42 PM
But who will be Harley Quinn?.............

Jake Gyllenhaal!!! Then they can "get gay with each other" mid-way through before failing to "quit" each other, ha!

Batman Begins had a great cast, some of the choices were left field, but paid off. Nolan knew what he was doing with Begins, so hopefully he still knows what he's up to, can't say I wouldn't trust him with the new Batman, rock on! :cool:

p2501
21-Jul-2006, 07:18 PM
Jake Gyllenhaal!!! Then they can "get gay with each other" mid-way through before failing to "quit" each other, ha!

Batman Begins had a great cast, some of the choices were left field, but paid off. Nolan knew what he was doing with Begins, so hopefully he still knows what he's up to, can't say I wouldn't trust him with the new Batman, rock on! :cool:

that was so bad.