PDA

View Full Version : Captain America: Civil War (Film)

Neil
25-Nov-2015, 12:21 PM
I hope this is as good as the last one!

uVdV-lxRPFo

MinionZombie
25-Nov-2015, 04:42 PM
It certainly looks like a good time to me - and plenty murky a la Winter Soldier. :)

MoonSylver
25-Nov-2015, 07:50 PM
That final fight scene w/ Cap & Bucky laying the smack on Stark was dope as fook. :D

Neil
25-Nov-2015, 09:22 PM
I assume that isn't a major spoiler at 2:05!? ie: *cough* might be injured or dead??!

rongravy
25-Nov-2015, 10:39 PM
I assume that isn't a major spoiler at 2:05!? ie: *cough* might be injured or dead??!
Ehhhh, it's just Cheadle...
My son came busting in my room last night, telling me about the trailer, and how it had premiered on a talk show. I just happened to be watching said show, but an hour behind. Yay for me!!!
I can't wait. I also noticed Black Panther this time around watching the trailer again.
w00t!!!

MinionZombie
26-Nov-2015, 09:32 AM

I'd reckon injured. It wouldn't be like Marvel to give away a massive spoiler in a trailer, would it? Obviously they're down - but are they out? Turn up to find out! :D

Neil
10-Mar-2016, 05:07 PM
Not going to watch this myself... Don't want to risk spoiling anymore of this film for me :)

dKrVegVI0Us

EvilNed
11-Mar-2016, 06:22 AM
My take is this;

The reason I think this'll be better than BvS (the other Superhero vs Superhero film this year) is because the conflict is less conventional.
I have no idea how it's going to end or what consequences this'll have.
BvS on the other hand, everyone already knows the entire plot of that film. We knew it before the trailer was released. Heck, we knew it before they even announced it's existance. But this, I have no idea. A former very popular protagonist turned antagonist. That's pretty damn interesting.

MoonSylver
11-Mar-2016, 08:21 PM
2:17. Eyes bugged. Jaw dropped. Speechless.:eek::hyper:

rongravy
12-Mar-2016, 01:30 PM

Underoos!!!
You can't help but pop a woodie.

Neil
12-Mar-2016, 08:07 PM

No! No! Not going to watch it! No!

Neil
05-May-2016, 09:09 AM
I watched no.1 on Saturday, no.2 on Monday and no.3 on Tuesday...

Enjoyed it. It had some great sequences in it, but ultimately it felt a tad contrived in places. Black Panther just annoyed me, and although Spider Man was funny, his appearence in the film again felt "contrived". It also felt over long...

So a good flick and a nice follow on to no.2, but for me no.2 is still the best of the trilogy.

rongravy
07-May-2016, 06:41 PM
I watched no.1 on Saturday, no.2 on Monday and no.3 on Tuesday...

Enjoyed it. It had some great sequences in it, but ultimately it felt a tad contrived in places. Black Panther just annoyed me, and although Spider Man was funny, his appearence in the film again felt "contrived". It also felt over long...

So a good flick and a nice follow on to no.2, but for me no.2 is still the best of the trilogy.
I concur.
I did like it, but it dragged in a few places, as have the other two. I'm guessing those times will be when the bong gets reloaded. Also, what up with Spidey having a super hot aunt?!?
Marisa Tomei is still a hottie boombalottie.
As far as owning the full trilogy as soon as it comes out? You bet!!!
In comparison with BvS...
I'm still giving BatSupe the edge by a few hairs, though I can't say why. Maybe it was the mood, the environment, my partiality towards Superman...
Who knows?
The Spiderman coda had everyone popping wood, including myself. I mean, we already knew he was getting his own movies, but you still like to see it etched in stone like that.
I hear about people boohooing about there being too many superhero movies. I'm certainly not bored with it yet. I think we're just getting started, and I'm ready for more. With both Marvel and DC duking it out, I can see the world is doing their best to knock DC down before it can even start to compete with Marvel. I'm digging both so far. It also seems like everyone is trying to start up their own shared universe type of deal. GI Joe, and there were a few others my brain can't seem to remember at the moment. I'm still holding out for some kind of HE Man series. There are so many wonderful characters and baddies, and stories to explore.
Anyway, I digress.
Civil War, a serious A- for me. Tony Stark is a hypocritical douche nozzle in this btw, played perfectly by Robert Downey Jr. I know he comes around eventually, but still...
He seems to easily be able to point the accusing finger at everyone else, but semi-shrugs it off when it's his fault. Just so... smarmy.

Neil
08-May-2016, 07:56 AM
BTW! I've not seen Ant Man, so all that came as a laugh riot to me :)

bassman
22-May-2016, 03:10 PM
As I've already said in the "last movie...." thread, this is an enjoyable film, but suffers from the same issues as the rest of Marvel's core Avengers entries. While a very fun time at the movies, there's never any real weight, consequences, or investment into the characters. Just another by-the-numbers Marvel film. They've found a formula that works, but the problem is that it's already becoming old and overused, so they really need to shake things up and take more chances like they have with Guardians, Daredevil(TV series) or the upcoming Doctor Strange.

Worth the price of admission, but it comes with pacing issues, character issues, and generally some of the same problems as Batman V Superman. The Spiderman and Ant-man scenes are definitely a highlight of Civil War, though!

Neil
22-May-2016, 04:16 PM
As I've already said in the "last movie...." thread, this is an enjoyable film, but suffers from the same issues as the rest of Marvel's core Avengers entries. While a very fun time at the movies, there's never any real weight, consequences, or investment into the characters. Just another by-the-numbers Marvel film. They've found a formula that works, but the problem is that it's already becoming old and overused, so they really need to shake things up and take more chances like they have with Guardians, Daredevil(TV series) or the upcoming Doctor Strange.

Worth the price of admission, but it comes with pacing issues, character issues, and generally some of the same problems as Batman V Superman. The Spiderman and Ant-man scenes are definitely a highlight of Civil War, though!

I'd say there was more "character" in no.2 than no.3 IMHO...

bassman
22-May-2016, 04:29 PM
I'd say there was more "character" in no.2 than no.3 IMHO...

I'd agree with that. Winter Soldier has been the best film out of the Captain America trilogy. Most likely because they took chances and tried to make a different film rather than another basic avenger plot. Civil War might as well be called Avengers 3 rather than Captain America 3! I'm not a fan of the first Cap film at all, so I definitely agree that The Winter Soldier is at the front of the pack.

Neil
23-May-2016, 07:35 AM
I'd agree with that. Winter Soldier has been the best film out of the Captain America trilogy. Most likely because they took chances and tried to make a different film rather than another basic avenger plot. Civil War might as well be called Avengers 3 rather than Captain America 3! I'm not a fan of the first Cap film at all, so I definitely agree that The Winter Soldier is at the front of the pack.

Oh, I quite like no.1 :)

MinionZombie
23-May-2016, 12:04 PM
Oh, I quite like no.1 :)

Ditto. A jolly good romp, like a war comic from the era, and it provides a stark contrast to the much murkier and complex world of the 21st century which Rogers later found himself in.

Neil
23-May-2016, 03:23 PM
Ditto. A jolly good romp, like a war comic from the era, and it provides a stark contrast to the much murkier and complex world of the 21st century which Rogers later found himself in.

And what was nice was how story threads of No.1 followed so nicely into No.2.