PDA

View Full Version : The War of the Worlds 2: The Massacre of Mankind (Book)

Neil
04-Dec-2015, 03:17 PM
Well, on the 19th of January 2017 we're getting a sequel to H.G.Wells rather famous book (from 1898) when its copyright ends - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35004565

A sequel to HG Wells's The War of the Worlds is to be published in 2017 when the copyright on the original expires.

Written by Stephen Baxter, The Massacre of Mankind will see the Martians from Wells's story invading Earth once more, having learned from the mistakes they made first time around.

wayzim
04-Dec-2015, 07:38 PM
I would put this next to my copy of Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds(Warner Books, 1975), where two famous Doyle characters; Sherlock Holmes and Professor Challenger, combine forces to face off against H.G. Wells invaders. There's another book I rather liked(the name escapes me), where the famous writers of that time gave their own account of the invasion. Unfortunately I don't have that one any more. And I'm still waiting for a full blown screen adaption of Jeff Wayne's musical.

Neil
05-Dec-2015, 07:47 AM
I would put this next to my copy of Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds(Warner Books, 1975), where two famous Doyle characters; Sherlock Holmes and Professor Challenger, combine forces to face off against H.G. Wells invaders. There's another book I rather liked(the name escapes me), where the famous writers of that time gave their own account of the invasion. Unfortunately I don't have that one any more. And I'm still waiting for a full blown screen adaption of Jeff Wayne's musical.

Isn't that bad grammer? - Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds

Shouldn't it be? - Sherlock Holmes' War of The Worlds

Spelt correctly or not, would you recomment it?

wayzim
06-Dec-2015, 12:16 PM
Isn't that bad grammer? - Sherlock Holmes's War of The Worlds

Shouldn't it be? - Sherlock Holmes' War of The Worlds

Spelt correctly or not, would you recomment it?

That's how it's spelt on my copy. ;)
And yes; it's a fun read.