PDA

View Full Version : Thassa me Got a Tattoo...

LoSTBoY
21-Jul-2006, 09:44 PM
I was looking to get the exact design as the one in may Avatar. I drew that back in college, doodling during a boring module.

(Sorry about the quality, I will try and get a better picture.)

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/doorsfan/kabcam.jpg

I didn't get the exact same since the guy had to draw it freehand, but it's good enough for me. It's longer and points down rather than curls in.

The guy put in some shadowing I'm not too impressed with, I thought it was going to be layered with the main design but there is a gap. I will wait till it heals to see the final product and if I'm not happy I'll go back and get the shadowing filled in a bit more.

I can see how you can get addicted to these, I'm thinking of getting Jim Morrison or a cool Pennywise the clown Tattoo I saw.

What do you think? :cool:

P.S: Thats my forearm. ;)

AcesandEights
22-Jul-2006, 07:55 AM
Cool Lovecraftian monster tatoo :D

Seriously though, I like it. I'd go with Jim before Pennywise, but, in truth, I'd do neither. As long as you like it and it means something to you, go for it.

LoSTBoY
22-Jul-2006, 12:12 PM
Cool Lovecraftian monster tatoo :D

Seriously though, I like it. I'd go with Jim before Pennywise, but, in truth, I'd do neither. As long as you like it and it means something to you, go for it.

Thanks!

I'm thinking of adding colour to the shading when it heals. Some red will look good.

I was getting ahead of myself with the other tattoos I mentioned, if I'm getting anything else it would probably be the same design on my other arm.

BTW: Is it meant to leak lie this? There is black ink/scab all over my pillow and I just messed up my T-shirt. The colour doesn't seem to be fading though.

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2006, 04:18 PM
Thanks!
BTW: Is it meant to leak lie this? There is black ink/scab all over my pillow and I just messed up my T-shirt. The colour doesn't seem to be fading though.

Ah, no!!! You're putting on too much A&D or lotion. It's drawing out the ink! You only need a tiny bit on the tattoo. Too much will always draw out color and can REALLY mess up a tattoo. My friend got a hand-tatt last summer and kept loading A&D on it; I warned him not to, but he did it for about 3 days. Needless to say, once it healed it ended up looking like a horrible deformity rather than a tattoo and he had to get it completely touched up.

GO LIGHT ON THE OINTMENT!

LoSTBoY
22-Jul-2006, 04:38 PM
Ah, no!!! You're putting on too much A&D or lotion. It's drawing out the ink! You only need a tiny bit on the tattoo. Too much will always draw out color and can REALLY mess up a tattoo. My friend got a hand-tatt last summer and kept loading A&D on it; I warned him not to, but he did it for about 3 days. Needless to say, once it healed it ended up looking like a horrible deformity rather than a tattoo and he had to get it completely touched up.

GO LIGHT ON THE OINTMENT!

Phew, cheers on that!

I think the damage might have been done though. It's looking faded in places. :(

Do you even need the cream? Is it ok to let it dry?

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2006, 05:38 PM
You're supposed to use the A&D for 3-4 days after getting the tatt. After that you should use lotion on it every time it gets dry, until it's healed. It's not too good to let it get real dry. Stay away from scented lotions and ones with petrolium in it. Make sure NOT to use Vaseline.

Didn't your artist tell you all this stuff? They should.

PS - Make sure to never pick or scratch at it once it starts scabbing.

Adrenochrome
22-Jul-2006, 05:57 PM
Didn't your artist tell you all this stuff? They should.

ya.....in fact, all the ink artists I know have a pamphlet they give out on how to care for the fresh ink....

Cool Tatt, LoSTBoY....I have 7......working on the design for #8. They ARE very addicting.....mmmmmmmmmm the pain of getting inked. The worst one for me was my calf....I have a HUGE "Mother Nature" with many many many colors.

LoSTBoY
22-Jul-2006, 06:22 PM
I got a piece of paper with 10 things to do.

It doesn't say how liberal you are meant to be with the cream though.

It says to wash the tattoo with warm soapy water and apply the cream 4 times a day minimum for 7 - 10 days until healed.

My biggest problem is going to sleep, I like to lie on my arm so last night a lot of black ink/scab went onto my pillow.

Thanks for the compliment Andreno. The pain was fine, almost soothing to start with. It did get a little painfull when he was filling it in and he kept going over the same spot, but it went numb after the 4th or 5th pass.

Also, thanks for the tips Mike. What does Vaseline do? Is it painfull or does it mess up the tattoo? Ive been tempted to wipe off the slight scabbing appearing but I will restrain myself.

MikePizzoff
22-Jul-2006, 08:52 PM
Also, thanks for the tips Mike. What does Vaseline do? Is it painfull or does it mess up the tattoo? Ive been tempted to wipe off the slight scabbing appearing but I will restrain myself.

Vaseline will emensly draw out the ink.

You're probably going to get an addicted feeling for being under the gun. I know I have the urge to get a needle in my skin at all times. The more ink, the better!

LoSTBoY
22-Jul-2006, 11:11 PM
Vaseline will emensly draw out the ink.

You're probably going to get an addicted feeling for being under the gun. I know I have the urge to get a needle in my skin at all times. The more ink, the better!

I'm already thinking of covering my arm, circling the arm with my own designs.

Now that I've given it time to dry, it's looking a bit better. Just gave it another clean and the colour is evening out. :)

Adrenochrome
22-Jul-2006, 11:57 PM
It says to wash the tattoo with warm soapy water and apply the cream 4 times a day minimum for 7 - 10 days until healed.

The guy that does all mine says that lotion with coacoa butter is the best. I've NEVER had ink fade if I use that.

This is the one I'm about to get in the center of my back (between shoulder blades) An Escher.
http://fotos.pere.net/escher/snakes.jpg

AcesandEights
23-Jul-2006, 08:56 AM
That's a sweet looking design, Andrenochrome. Any idea on how long that'll take to complete? It looks like multiple sittings, but my one, and only, tattoo isn't very big, so I'm just guessing.

LoSTBoY
23-Jul-2006, 11:23 AM
Sweet design Andreno.

They gave me some nappy rash cream called Bepanthen, apparently it's good. :|

HLS
24-Jul-2006, 05:33 PM
The guy that does all mine says that lotion with coacoa butter is the best. I've NEVER had ink fade if I use that.

This is the one I'm about to get in the center of my back (between shoulder blades) An Escher.
http://fotos.pere.net/escher/snakes.jpg

That is pretty neat. Looks like it will be an expensive tatto also.