PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner 2 (film)

Neil
18-Feb-2016, 07:47 PM
Less than two years to go - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74473

The sequel will be released on January 12th, 2018, a weird date for such a high-profile tentpole, to be sure.

I was in the audience at AFI Fest when Sir Ridley conveyed to the rapt crowd how the BLADE RUNNER follow-up would open. Basically, it starts on a farm, and we see a traditional farmhouse dwarfed by an enormous mining combine sitting alongside it. A spinner drops in, and a man walks into the farmhouse. We see who it is…Deckard.

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2016, 09:31 AM
Interesting that they're taking the original opening from Blade Runner and repurposing it for the sequel - the sequence did sound like a cool way to open the original film, but I understand why it was not used - nice that it'll now find a new use. :)

EvilNed
19-Feb-2016, 01:46 PM
I'd be all for another tale in the Blade Runner universe.
I'm less excited about it being a Harrison Ford vehicle for two reasons.

Will they write Deckard as older?
Will we get an answer to wether he's a replicant or not?

I'd love another detective story. But not necessarily one with Deckard.

MinionZombie
19-Feb-2016, 05:12 PM
-3Ng0w2xOz8

A little bit of extra info in here - Ryan Gosling is playing the main character, and Deckard might just be a small part of the film ... intriguing.

Speaking of that repurposed opening, it reminded me of a similarly unused - but actually shot - opening for Se7en, in which Morgan Freeman's character perused an old farm house he was going to buy (he snipped off a piece of the wallpaper and took it with him in his wallet before returning to the ghastly city of the film proper).

In both instances I think it was wise to kick off with us smack bang in the thick of the oppressive city that the entirety/bulk of the films take place in - but each unused opening have their own merits and intrigues. :)

Groovy too that Roger Deakins is on Cinematraphy duties (I'm a huge fan of his work), and having recently seen "Enemy" and "Prisoners" (and having heard nothing but great things about "Sicario"), I think it's in safe directorial hands in the form of Denis Villeneuve.

shootemindehead
21-Feb-2016, 05:35 PM
If Deckard is confirmed as a replicant in this, then I'm out.

I think that has to be one of the worst attempts at shoehorning a pointless "extra layer" into any film. It's just idiotic.

AcesandEights
22-Feb-2016, 02:23 AM
Just leave it be.

shootemindehead
22-Feb-2016, 01:02 PM
There'll be hell to pay!!!!!

I have the number of a good hitman. Villeneuve better watch his back.

The threatening letter's already sent.

MoonSylver
22-Feb-2016, 03:53 PM
I hear they're going to nuke the farm, and have old man Repli-Deckard survive by hiding in a fridge. :bored:

Rancid Carcass
22-Feb-2016, 07:39 PM
Repli-Deckard

Ahhh... Repli-Deckard, human-cyborg relations! He's seen attack ships burning off the spice mines of Kessel... :shifty:

shootemindehead
22-Feb-2016, 08:55 PM
Why don't you pair write the sequel.

It's bound to be better.

MoonSylver
23-Feb-2016, 09:44 PM
Ahhh... Repli-Deckard, human-cyborg relations! He's seen attack ships burning off the spice mines of Kessel... :shifty:

Why don't you pair write the sequel.

It's bound to be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILo_Frsd70

shootemindehead
24-Feb-2016, 12:25 PM
/\

Cool trailer.

If the finished film is half as good as that, then I'm back on board.

IF NOT, THEN IT'S BACK TO THE F*$^%&G ANTHRAX LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!

MoonSylver
24-Feb-2016, 09:11 PM
/\

Cool trailer.

If the finished film is half as good as that, then I'm back on board.

IF NOT, THEN IT'S BACK TO THE F*$^%&G ANTHRAX LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!

*Note to self, DON'T snort the shit sent by Shoot'em AGAIN. It's not cocaine. Maybe. Definitely maybe don't snort again...* :elol:

Neil
04-Apr-2016, 08:26 PM
Dave Bautista in it? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/74825