PDA

View Full Version : War!

deadwrtr
08-Mar-2006, 12:36 PM
"The US has the power to cause harm and pain." Iran stated in a comment regarding recent resistance to Iran's plan to enrich uranium, "But the US is also susceptible to harm and pain. So, if that is the path that the US wishes to choose, let the ball roll."

Another war? Sounds like it's coming. While news of the war in Afghanistan seems to have faded into the fog, the death and destruction hasn't abated in Iraq, and now, its sister state Iran want's a knuckle sandwich. Odd that the US was singled out when it is the entire UN security council that has made this decision regarding Iran's uranium development.

If war with Iran does occur, it is my hope that other nations will step forward and take some of the responsibility. Where the hell is China's million man army? Is Russia's army on stand by?

Do we take those comments made by Iran as a threat?

Time will tell.

Adrenochrome
08-Mar-2006, 05:47 PM
"The US has the power to cause harm and pain." Iran stated in a comment regarding recent resistance to Iran's plan to enrich uranium, "But the US is also susceptible to harm and pain. So, if that is the path that the US wishes to choose, let the ball roll."

Another war? Sounds like it's coming. While news of the war in Afghanistan seems to have faded into the fog, the death and destruction hasn't abated in Iraq, and now, its sister state Iran want's a knuckle sandwich. Odd that the US was singled out when it is the entire UN security council that has made this decision regarding Iran's uranium development.

If war with Iran does occur, it is my hope that other nations will step forward and take some of the responsibility. Where the hell is China's million man army? Is Russia's army on stand by?

Do we take those comments made by Iran as a threat?

Time will tell.

It's times like these when I wish I could thumb a ride on a Vogon ship.

AssassinFromHell
08-Mar-2006, 07:14 PM
Ask Bush, everything is alright. Things are progeessing. Nothing is going wrong...

Adrenochrome
08-Mar-2006, 07:22 PM
Ask Bush, everything is alright. Things are progeessing. Nothing is going wrong...
This may get me banned, but.....
....F*CK that CRAZY WAR LOVING BASTARD!!!!!!

AssassinFromHell
08-Mar-2006, 07:24 PM
This may get me banned, but.....
....F*CK that CRAZY WAR LOVING BASTARD!!!!!!

Nah, you'll just be the test pilot for the warning system...:p

Bush is screwing up. I had faith in him in the beginning. I had sympathy after 9/11 happened. But he's taken advantage of the situation. He's pushed us further into unnecissary debt. We're going to hell, and it's thanks to this Texan.

MinionZombie
08-Mar-2006, 07:30 PM
I saw that on Sky News this morning - and if Iran saying America will suffer "harm and pain" ain't fightin' words...I don't know what are. I wouldn't be surprised if war did come to Iran.

Personally, I don't trust Iran with nuclear weapons, it'd be naive to give them the benefit of the doubt. Besides, it's stupid...nay...utterly retarded to kick off 'enrichment' as the Iraq war is still raging...well, not really a war, but technically it is...sorta - anyway, starting that off now - damn stupid. I certainly don't trust Iran with nuclear capabilities. It could be 'innocent', but I'd rather not have the chance taken. You can trust a stable country to try out nuclear energy etc...but not bleeding Iran.

p2501
08-Mar-2006, 08:14 PM
You know, i hate to say it but this may well turn into the unofficial world war 3.

now if we can just figure out what the frak North Korea is up to........

Andy
08-Mar-2006, 08:18 PM

russia is still a mostly third world country recovering from the fall of the USSR and china hates america.

they already said they'd retalliate to any action taken against north korea, so i doubt they'd side with us over a war with iran.

AcesandEights
08-Mar-2006, 08:57 PM
No way, no how should Iran ever be allowed to approach anywhere near the advent of a viable nuclear weapons program. Getting close to a weaponized nuclear program (as they are now) will increase the likelihood that someone :shifty: will try and take out their key facilities by way of tactical strikes, while Iran actually getting their hands on nukes could very well mean a nuclear conflict at least localized to the Middle East. At the minimum, Iran getting nukes will embolden the Islamic powers in the region to rub out Israel in a conventional war, knowing they'll have nuclear weapons to wave around to keep the Western powers at bay. Either way, you're talking a flashpoint for war, and a big ****ing one at that.

now if we can just figure out what the frak North Korea is up to........

Still starving their people to death (over 3 million, since Kim Jong Il took power, last time I was paying attention) and building up their military. Oh, and they still march like pricks.

DjfunkmasterG
08-Mar-2006, 09:29 PM
Nah, you'll just be the test pilot for the warning system...:p

Bush is screwing up. I had faith in him in the beginning. I had sympathy after 9/11 happened. But he's taken advantage of the situation. He's pushed us further into unnecissary debt. We're going to hell, and it's thanks to this Texan.

Bout time you bastards admit BUSH is a PHUCK UP!

AssassinFromHell
08-Mar-2006, 09:33 PM
Bout time you bastards admit BUSH is a PHUCK UP!

He is, majorly, but he was a better choice than Kerry or Nader. Both of them would have been worse.

RaVeN
08-Mar-2006, 09:40 PM
Iran should never be allowed to develop a nuclear programme as it stands. It's sponsoring of Hamas and Hezzbollah are good enough reasons let alone the nature of its religious dictatorship. I figure when it hauls its ass out of the dark ages perhaps we can think about it.