PDA

View Full Version : Contains Spoilers! TWD 6x15 "East" episode discussion... **SPOILERS WITHIN*

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2016, 11:28 AM
Please keep all talk of episode 6x15 "East" specifically inside this thread.

If you have a theory for a following episode, please use the "spoiler tags" (visit the HPOTD FAQ to find out how to use them if you don't already know).

Similarly, if you're going to discuss plot points from the comic book, please use "spoiler tags" - not everyone is up-to-date on them, and some people don't read them at all.

Enjoy!

Directed by: Michael E. Satrazemis
Written by: Scott M. Gimple & Channing Powell

“Alexandria is alerted after realizing someone is missing. Several search parties will venture out, but what they find isn’t what they’re hoping for.”

Harleydude666
28-Mar-2016, 02:48 PM
Holy crap, are we losing posters here??? No replies and it aired hours and hours ago. What's happening to the site, it used to be so busy. I understand Romero is retired but we still have a weekly show to discuss

sandrock74
28-Mar-2016, 03:13 PM
With the way the show ended, there's not much to discuss until next week (in my opinion).

MinionZombie
28-Mar-2016, 03:54 PM
Well, it is/has been Easter weekend. Give folks a chance, they might not be as quick to log on here and chat as they might otherwise be.

Ooooooh - cliffhanger central!

That said, my theory is that Daryl was shot in the shoulder - he'll be out for the count and seriously wounded, but he'll pull through in the end. With some major players in that hostage group (e.g. Glenn, Michonne) I reckon we'll see another character killed rather than finishing off Daryl. Dixon's one of Rick's strong men and is very capable, Dwight has recognised that fact and he's wounded Daryl (I'd reckon he wouldn't have the authority - circumstances permitting - to execute someone from another group, capturing/incapacitating would be the preferred option). So, with Glenn and Michonne tied up, and Daryl seriously wounded (with no Doctor at Alexandria!!!) Dwight & Co have them under control.

Might Morgan and Carol team up and go off together? Might they encounter others in this world?
Comics Spoilers:
We've not yet been introduced to Ezekiel's group yet - so perhaps Morgan finds Carol, and they come across the mysterious man who was 'looking for a horse' when he and Rick encountered him (his distinctive body protection being the way for them and us to easily identify him) - and they get taken to Ezekiel's compound. Time will tell.

What's wrong with Maggie? Enid seems to be Sophia's replacement, and I dug that Maggie cropped her hair - not wanting anything to obscure her view. She's expecting a fight - as are Alexandria now. Clearly they've been having talks between episodes, and off-screen, but they know they've kicked the hornet's nest (repeatedly).

Loved Carol's confrontation with that truck of Saviours - a very crafty lady - but interesting that she's crumbling more now, she really wants to hide away from this world but keeps getting confronted by it, by the choices she's forced to make that are tearing her up inside. Yet more fascinating stuff for Melissa McBride to sink her capable teeth into - she continues to do a superb job!

A little sloppy for the group to just go barging off in search of Carol, but I did enjoy pitting Rick and Morgan off each other. A good link was made on Talking Dead to "18 Miles Out" - here in this episode, Rick was in Shane's place and Morgan was in Rick's. The moral arguments back and forth were strong - although I would argue back to Morgan that had he not let the Wolf live, he wouldn't have required Denise's help nor would have taken her hostage, so... :sneaky: Essentially, in this world, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. Sure-fire troublemakers are best snuffed out in the post-ZA ... but, to be fair, look at Team Rick from The Saviour's perspective (their bastard attitude aside). They're losing various people to this group - what else are they gonna do? Ball up and give in? Team Rick wouldn't/aren't doing that.

However the finale goes (an extended episode, to boot! :) ), I think the finale is gonna be a rough ride.

TWD 6x15 Memes:
http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/intimate-edition-walking-dead-6x15-memes.html

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pPL-KqymojM/VvlODBMIHuI/AAAAAAAAEs8/NU5nas12T5MURAmaM1-mndAhxtcyucSeQ/s1600/The_Walking_Dead_Season_6_Meme_Rick_Michonne_Richo nne_Apple_Non_Smokers_After_Bed_6x15_DeadShed.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WbVXc3PTE7s/VvlOBxt7RfI/AAAAAAAAEs4/quGSAr6g4qgyfyjeV-fJmC1tZefQHmZ6Q/s1600/The_Walking_Dead_Season_6_Meme_Glenn_Maggie_Eugene _Peep_Shower_6x15_DeadShed.jpg

:)

Moon Knight
28-Mar-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm really getting tired of all the CG blood splatter on our screens. Do it once, fine, but this is a cheap trick that completely takes me away from the action; I have a feeling they aren't done using it this season.

Now, with that aside, as well as the writers once again forcing our heroes away from Alexandria yet again, this was a solid episode. Not great but it did its job; even if I believe it could have been handled better.

I loved the Carol stuff. She's just killing it this season. Her vehicle of impaled doom was very badass yet it clearly gave away where she comes from. Nancy from Montclair she was not. I was very happy they just didn't write her off this episode completely in favor of her just going "missing".

Minion- regarding both your spoiler theories, I agree 100%.

Loved Rick and Morgan on their own. Wish we could have gotten more of that this season but the penultimate episode was better late than never. Finally, the secret of the protein bar is over.

I see everyone is freaking out over Michonne, Glenn, and Daryl being taken, but what about my Rosita?!?! This is gonna be a long week. :(

AcesandEights
29-Mar-2016, 01:45 AM
Holy crap, are we losing posters here??? No replies and it aired hours and hours ago. What's happening to the site, it used to be so busy. I understand Romero is retired but we still have a weekly show to discuss

There wasn't too much to chew on. Some great effects, well shot and solidly acted, but the story was all set up.

facestabber
29-Mar-2016, 02:07 AM
How many times can we have a wander in the woods and get ambushed sequence play out? It's all part of the plot drive but we need new ideas here. I was frustrated to see the most cunning and aware soldier in Michonne be so easily taken. Dangerous saviors all around and its convo time. Barf.

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2016, 10:28 AM
How many times can we have a wander in the woods and get ambushed sequence play out? It's all part of the plot drive but we need new ideas here. I was frustrated to see the most cunning and aware soldier in Michonne be so easily taken. Dangerous saviors all around and its convo time. Barf.

Yeah, letting your guard down in this world - at this time in particular - is a bad idea.

I do agree, we've had a touch too much of these 'random Saviour encounters' - but I'd imagine we're done with that now as it's all been leading up to the finale. We shall see, eh?

It would have been interesting to have seen one such encounter from The Saviour's POV - perhaps in such a way that we didn't know they were Saviours, and we didn't know what they were doing (we might have thought they were a general gang of survivors out in the open searching for safe harbour) - but then it's gradually revealed who they are and what they're doing - THEN they encounter our group. It would have also been interesting to see one such encounter from the Saviour's POV as, it has to be said, Team Rick's PR isn't what you'd call stellar right now. :lol:

Obviously there's a clear distinction between the Ricktatorship and The Saviours. The former doesn't want to fight and kill and would prefer friendship, cooperation and fair trade; the Saviours on the other hand seem to relish fighting but would probably opt not to fight as long as their enemy lies down and gives them half their stuff. The position from which The Saviours is coming from is totally selfish and perverted, whereas Rick & Co are coming from a more pure place (as pure as you can be in the ZA, anyway).

That said, from The Saviour's point of view, Team Rick are a gang of thugs who have slaughtered a whole bunch of their members/friends - a night-time raid killing people in their sleep, the Kill Floor inferno ... like I said, Team Rick's PR is in the shitter right now. :p

shootemindehead
30-Mar-2016, 10:32 AM
Am I the only one who thought that episode was a little dumb? With characters doing stupid things just because of plotting?

Carol? WTF?

People walking around the woods looking for her and yapping loud enough that anyone could hear you 5 bleedin miles away?

Again, WTF?

I watched it last night very late, so I might not be getting the full gist. But that was very disapointing, to say the least.

facestabber
30-Mar-2016, 01:24 PM
Am I the only one who thought that episode was a little dumb? With characters doing stupid things just because of plotting?

Carol? WTF?

People walking around the woods looking for her and yapping loud enough that anyone could hear you 5 bleedin miles away?

Again, WTF?

I watched it last night very late, so I might not be getting the full gist. But that was very disapointing, to say the least.

Yes I'm with you. Very frustrated watching our team of people act so stupid. Daryl was blinded by anger so I can see him lose his edge to an extent. But michonne is the stealthiest and most intelligent survivor. Seeing her so non chalant was just bad.

Oddly enough previous concerns on this sight have been about team Rick not acknowledging more saviors and Negan. But Alexandria is prepping and is aware. So as complacent as Alexandrians have appeared they are at least expecting an attack. Now no doubt complacency will take shape in some form as its human nature. Heck after 09/11 I watched every passenger prior to boarding a plane. Now I'm more relaxed. Still have concern but not as much as the year following the attack.

I have a feeling Sunday will suck. Some character I care about will be gone. Possibly more. After the damage team Rick has done wouldn't a slaughter make more sense? End rant back to vacation....or "Holliday" for my non American pals��

Moon Knight
30-Mar-2016, 02:57 PM
As frustrating as it is, It is still within character. Remember back in season 1 when Daryl found out what happened to Merle? He pulled the same stunt then that he pulled just now. Anger is something that is within Daryl and has always been his weakness; hence the comparison between Dennis and Merle. Denise was also practically describing Daryl.

Glenn knows Daryl is going to get himself into trouble so it is within his character to go bring him back. Michonne is a natrual protector givin her history as a mother, and Rosita was the only one who knew where to find him.

Morgan feels guilty for Carol leaving, however, Rick tagging along wasn't the best idea knowing his strongest group members just left Alexandria.

Like I said, It could have been done with a bit more logic given the circumstances but I don't stress over it because it makes sense. Daryl isn't his usual self right now because he's letting his one weakness take over. Anger.

I do get why people are annoyed by it; I agree with them, but, it could have been worse. Now, next week can be one of the best episodes ever, or the most dissapointing. There is no middle ground. We shall see.

MinionZombie
30-Mar-2016, 04:37 PM
As frustrating as it is, It is still within character.

Glenn knows Daryl is going to get himself into trouble so it is within his character to go bring him back. Michonne is a natrual protector givin her history as a mother, and Rosita was the only one who knew where to find him.

Morgan feels guilty for Carol leaving, however, Rick tagging along wasn't the best idea knowing his strongest group members just left Alexandria.

Good points there, Moon.

Really, the only one that sticks in the craw most is Rick - but then again he has serious trust issues with Morgan, so he wouldn't want to just let him go off on his own ... although they seem to have worked through some of that, albeit having reached what is still mostly an impass.

These characters have often improvised and acted at the drop of a hat, so that's within character too. Sometimes it's been the smart thing to do, other times they've lucked out, and other times it's been a total bugger up. Nothing's certain in the ZA, though. You could just as easily walk down a road and everything be fine, but then on your return trip it could all go to pot - just look at the railway tracks bit when Denise died. That path was totally safe when Rosita took it on the way to the apothecary, and justifiably assuming it'd be no less dangerous on the way back they found their luck had deserted them on this occasion.

I think there's a greater theme at work here, though. Team Rick has been rather cocky of late - I think the finale is going to teach them a valuable and tragic lesson in humility.

Finale death theory (including comics spoilers):
I still think it's gonna be Glenn who meets Lucille. It was a huge moment in the comics, and considering they took the arrow in the eye death away from Abraham in the comics and gave it to Denise in the show, I'd be surprised if they didn't snuff out poor old Glenn.

Also, looking at this episode, we had that lovely moment with them in the shower. It wasn't a quick shot, it was a sequence, we lingered on that moment. Also - Glenn runs off with the others in search of Carol, so he doesn't say goodbye to Maggie - they made a point of showing Maggie watching the van drive off, and Glenn's POV of Maggie in the side mirror. That'll be his last image of Maggie, in my view ... so sad. :(

Whether they'll kill another character is a different matter. I'm not convinced they will as it might dilute the impact of the BIG kill we're anticipating. I'd be extremely surprised if they killed off two OG Season 1 cast members.

I reckon Daryl will survive this round, albeit with very serious wounds. I don't think Negan would kill someone who was already wounded. It would dilute the impact of him introducing them all to Lucille. Far more impressive, in Negan's mind, to batter a perfectly healthy and capable group member to death than someone who's out for the count and clinging onto life as it is.

Neil
30-Mar-2016, 04:51 PM
However the finale goes (an extended episode, to boot! :) ), I think the finale is gonna be a rough ride.

Oh yes! :)

Oh no! :(

JDP
30-Mar-2016, 07:33 PM
I think there's a greater theme at work here, though. Team Rick has been rather cocky of late - I think the finale is going to teach them a valuable and tragic lesson in humility.

At this point in the story line one would think that they would have learned such a lesson more than enough. They have already been through some events (ex: the Governor coming back for revenge, or the Terminus cannibals doing the same) that ended up costing them. Not being more careful and dealing more decisively with such matters, leaving dangerous "loose ends", has always ended up with them losing team members. Now they have the benefit of all this painfully gained experience, yet they are still being quite sloppy in how they proceed. There's hardly any excuse now to let down your guard, specially since they even seem to be aware that the Saviors were not wiped out in their surprise attack of that base and are still lurking around, something which was not clear in the previous episode.

kidgloves
31-Mar-2016, 08:26 PM
I really hope the spoiler for the finale that's doing the rounds isn't true.

Spoiler for tv show rather than comic.
they're going to finish it on a 1st person shot from the victims pov so you don't know who dies and leave it as a cliffhanger.
This fits in with the mobile phone footage that leaked a while ago. Fucking lame imo, especially with all the fake out deaths with had this season.
Only an outstanding performance from Jeffery Dean Morgan will save it for me if this happens

facestabber
01-Apr-2016, 01:36 AM
I really hope the spoiler for the finale that's doing the rounds isn't true.

Spoiler for tv show rather than comic.
they're going to finish it on a 1st person shot from the victims pov so you don't know who dies and leave it as a cliffhanger.
This fits in with the mobile phone footage that leaked a while ago. Fucking lame imo, especially with all the fake out deaths with had this season.
Only an outstanding performance from Jeffery Dean Morgan will save it for me if this happens

^ regarding spoiler I agree. That will not sit well with fans, me included.

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2016, 10:52 AM
Regarding kidgloves' spoiler tagged 'rumour that's going around':
I saw another rumour going around that's entirely different - so who knows?

However, yes, it'd be piss-annoying to end a season on "Eenie, meenie, miney, moe" in a POV shot with a swing and then CUT TO BLACK. It would be a strong way to end an episode (say it 6x15 had gone that way) because then you've only got a week to go, and visually it'd be a strong shot ... but to end a SEASON with months of waiting in-between with so much risk for spoilers being leaked? Yeah ... that would be a silly and frustrating idea.

Look at the season 5 finale of Game of Thrones - they leave you with a significant death - they just do it. Whether that lasts is another thing, but at least you had a strong gut punch to cap off the season.

They've already done a cliffhanger with the mid-season finale. That was about a 10 week wait and it was a little irksome - the episode was still good, and I understand the pacing they chose because 6x09 paid off in grand style ... so I'd really hope they don't do a cliffhanger close to Season 6.

If they did, it wouldn't be any kind of deal breaker - don't be stupid - but it would be needlessly frustrating. I think with such a huge event you really need to just do it in the finale. Then for the Season 7 premiere you could pick up exactly where it left off - perhaps even show the same event from an alternative perspective, which could then actually be the POV of the victim. That would be an interesting way to do it - SEE the event happen properly in 6x16, and then in 7x01 see the same event from the victim's own POV. That would be the best way to have your cake and eat it too, to be able to take advantage of a really cool shot without disrupting events.

Time will tell - we're so close now!

*edit*

Further 'finale death' theorising (with comics spoilers):
I still think Glenn is going to meet Lucille just like in the comics, it's such a huge moment it'd be surprising to not do it.

However, I had a theory pop into mind earlier - what if Carol also dies at the hands of The Saviours? Perhaps she might get caught by the Saviours, who then kill her - perhaps making audiences think no other major characters will die - and then we also lose Glenn on top of that.

Morgan could be out looking for Carol, but stumble across one of Ezekiel's men instead - and join their group. Morgan had already said to Rick that if he doesn't come back, don't come looking - so maybe Morgan finds more like-minded fellows with Ezekiel and chooses to stay, but never finds Carol.

I still think Daryl will survive, as I've previously theorised. I don't feel like Negan would 'put down' a seriously wounded member of another group. Negan would be more disposed to slay a fit and healthy member of someone else's team. Also, there's lots of future story in losing Carol but letting Daryl live - if Dixon's hopping mad over Denise, just imagine the freight train of fury that'll be unleashed with him losing Carol. Likewise, there's a whole arc possible between Daryl and Dwight - there could be a tense truce between the pair at some point in the future, perhaps relating to a resolution of a "Daryl's rage" story arc. There's lots of possibilities.

Whereas, when it comes to Carol and Glenn, they've had a lot of story and character development this season. I feel like Glenn's nine lives have been used up with two major lucky escapes this season, and Carol has come full circle and returned to faith and is rejecting her badass side because of the negative consequences it has brought her. Carol and Glenn, to me anyway, feel much closer to a 'story conclusion' than anyone else.

Rosita is surely safe as houses, and I'd be seriously surprised if Michonne bit the dust.

Just a couple more days and we'll see what's what. Now's crunch time to avoid spoilers, eh folks? "We're down to the line..."

kidgloves
01-Apr-2016, 03:20 PM
Regarding kidgloves' spoiler tagged 'rumour that's going around':
I saw another rumour going around that's entirely different - so who knows?

However, yes, it'd be piss-annoying to end a season on "Eenie, meenie, miney, moe" in a POV shot with a swing and then CUT TO BLACK. It would be a strong way to end an episode (say it 6x15 had gone that way) because then you've only got a week to go, and visually it'd be a strong shot ... but to end a SEASON with months of waiting in-between with so much risk for spoilers being leaked? Yeah ... that would be a silly and frustrating idea.

Look at the season 5 finale of Game of Thrones - they leave you with a significant death - they just do it. Whether that lasts is another thing, but at least you had a strong gut punch to cap off the season.

They've already done a cliffhanger with the mid-season finale. That was about a 10 week wait and it was a little irksome - the episode was still good, and I understand the pacing they chose because 6x09 paid off in grand style ... so I'd really hope they don't do a cliffhanger close to Season 6.

If they did, it wouldn't be any kind of deal breaker - don't be stupid - but it would be needlessly frustrating. I think with such a huge event you really need to just do it in the finale. Then for the Season 7 premiere you could pick up exactly where it left off - perhaps even show the same event from an alternative perspective, which could then actually be the POV of the victim. That would be an interesting way to do it - SEE the event happen properly in 6x16, and then in 7x01 see the same event from the victim's own POV. That would be the best way to have your cake and eat it too, to be able to take advantage of a really cool shot without disrupting events.

Time will tell - we're so close now!

*edit*

Further 'finale death' theorising (with comics spoilers):
I still think Glenn is going to meet Lucille just like in the comics, it's such a huge moment it'd be surprising to not do it.

However, I had a theory pop into mind earlier - what if Carol also dies at the hands of The Saviours? Perhaps she might get caught by the Saviours, who then kill her - perhaps making audiences think no other major characters will die - and then we also lose Glenn on top of that.

Morgan could be out looking for Carol, but stumble across one of Ezekiel's men instead - and join their group. Morgan had already said to Rick that if he doesn't come back, don't come looking - so maybe Morgan finds more like-minded fellows with Ezekiel and chooses to stay, but never finds Carol.

I still think Daryl will survive, as I've previously theorised. I don't feel like Negan would 'put down' a seriously wounded member of another group. Negan would be more disposed to slay a fit and healthy member of someone else's team. Also, there's lots of future story in losing Carol but letting Daryl live - if Dixon's hopping mad over Denise, just imagine the freight train of fury that'll be unleashed with him losing Carol. Likewise, there's a whole arc possible between Daryl and Dwight - there could be a tense truce between the pair at some point in the future, perhaps relating to a resolution of a "Daryl's rage" story arc. There's lots of possibilities.

Whereas, when it comes to Carol and Glenn, they've had a lot of story and character development this season. I feel like Glenn's nine lives have been used up with two major lucky escapes this season, and Carol has come full circle and returned to faith and is rejecting her badass side because of the negative consequences it has brought her. Carol and Glenn, to me anyway, feel much closer to a 'story conclusion' than anyone else.

Rosita is surely safe as houses, and I'd be seriously surprised if Michonne bit the dust.

Just a couple more days and we'll see what's what. Now's crunch time to avoid spoilers, eh folks? "We're down to the line..."

Once again MZ, the voice of reason, calms us down.
There supposed to be an audio clip out there which contradicts my spoiler. I've managed to avoid what it is so hopefully that's more accurate.

MinionZombie
01-Apr-2016, 06:06 PM
Once again MZ, the voice of reason, calms us down.
There supposed to be an audio clip out there which contradicts my spoiler. I've managed to avoid what it is so hopefully that's more accurate.

1) :lol::lol::lol:

2) I heard about an audio clip a few days ago - but I didn't listen to it - so fortunately I'm still in the dark. The best way to go into this finale, as is always the case with TWD, will be totally fresh and to allow the storytellers to unveil their story exactly as planned and paced. I don't really understand wanting to know what's going to happen before it happens on a show you're watching, it's like knowing the punchline to a joke before someone tells it - all the intended impact is lost.

I'm also glad that everyone here is continuing to be very decent and spoiler tag any rumours they've heard, or comic book spoilers, or even just their own theories. Very good of you all. :thumbsup:

Moon Knight
01-Apr-2016, 07:16 PM
There is no way they can do that spoiler theory and have it work. Regarding the most current leak, I heard of it but just like you guys I'm avoiding it like the plague. In fact, no more internet for me till Sunday night. Adios!

Oh and MZ, I loved how you ended your spoiler theory post, gave me chills. :D

Let Rosita live!