PDA

View Full Version : RIP Gareth Thomas

Neil
14-Apr-2016, 12:12 PM
I was only listening to him yesterday in a Blake's 7 audio book as well :(

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36041534

I was planning on watching the TV series again at some point, so I do it all the sooner now!

shootemindehead
14-Apr-2016, 07:49 PM
Used to love 'Blake's 7'.

Now there's a 70's TV show that could do with a serious update. No need to change any of the story. Do it word for word. The only difficult thing would be who to cast that match the great cast of the original.

Neil
14-Apr-2016, 08:21 PM
Used to love 'Blake's 7'.

Now there's a 70's TV show that could do with a serious update. No need to change any of the story. Do it word for word. The only difficult thing would be who to cast that match the great cast of the original.

Do you think it would be dark and orwellian enough if made these days? I'd like to see them try it... and succeed!

shootemindehead
14-Apr-2016, 10:34 PM
I'd love it if it was.

Deadly serious. No messing and as grim as you like. But, I'd say they'd try to jazz it up and miss the point.

But I'd doubt you'd get the cast. I don't think anyone could take up the reigns of the likes of Paul Darrow or Jacqueline Pearce and get away with it.

Neil
15-Apr-2016, 08:15 AM
I'd love it if it was.

Deadly serious. No messing and as grim as you like. But, I'd say they'd try to jazz it up and miss the point.

But I'd doubt you'd get the cast. I don't think anyone could take up the reigns of the likes of Paul Darrow or Jacqueline Pearce and get away with it.

...and of course the crew would all be in their 20s!