PDA

View Full Version : Ocean's Eleven reboot... Huh?

Neil
15-May-2016, 07:59 AM
What is it with reboot films that are only a few years old? Are we this short of ideas? - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ocean-Eleven-Reboot-May-Have-Found-Perfect-Lead-130947.html

MinionZombie
16-May-2016, 04:26 PM
The most interesting thing to note, as the Tracking Board points out, is that this new movie is reportedly not a reboot, but a continuation of the events from the previous George Clooney led trilogy (which is itself a remake). It’s a spinoff rather than a reboot, like the all-female Ghostbusters movie. Sandra Bullock is reportedly playing Danny Ocean’s sister (crime runs in the family, I suppose) and will be forming her own team of criminals to steal a priceless necklace from the Met Ball and frame a crooked gallery owner. So, Bullock will be the new George Clooney while Jennifer Lawrence will be the Brad Pitt character.

So, not quite a reboot, nor a remake, kind of a 'side-quel' then? As long as it isn't just the first movie all over again, but just gives us another dose of what we dug about the 'original remake' (if you will), then it might be alright. Hmmm...

I've never seen the original, but I really enjoyed the Cloony/Pitt/etc films ... although Oceans Twelve was a bit iffy, but it was a different kind of film really, being directly in the aftermath of the first film, but as such that meant it was different. Eleven and Thirteen were the ones I really enjoyed, and everytime they're on telly I end up watching a good long chunk, they're just so damned entertaining! :)

rongravy
17-May-2016, 02:47 AM
With broads, ehhhh?
Next thing you know...
We'll be landing on the moon!!!