PDA

View Full Version : Kong: Skull Island (film)

Neil
24-Jul-2016, 07:58 PM
There's some names nearly as big as Kong in this!

E591L_sxw-k

bassman
24-Jul-2016, 08:25 PM
They most definitely made the ape bigger for that eventual Godzilla VS Kong flick.....

MinionZombie
25-Jul-2016, 09:33 AM
Looks like good fun to me! I really did enjoy Peter Jackson's film, even with its monstrous running time, so I'm up for seeing this. :)

So, is it set in the Vietnam War period in history, judging by the cameras and Huey choppers?

EvilNed
25-Jul-2016, 01:53 PM
What I like about the original Kong story, even though I'm not really a fan of it, is it's naive 30's sense of exploration and adventure.

I can tell that the producers for this film all sat around a table and discussed how they should update the story for "modern audiences". Why did they have to add all that gung-ho machoism?

Still, looks pretty entertaining. I wish they could just throw a robot in there somehow.

ProfessorChaos
26-Jul-2016, 03:58 AM
this looks much better than i had anticipated. that trailer has me genuinely interested in this, will probably make a trip to the theaters for it even.

however, i sure hope it's more entertaining than the godzilla reboot, and that they show the damn titular beast for his fair share of screen time. godzilla 2014 had a pathetic amount of godzilla in it.

shootemindehead
27-Jul-2016, 12:45 AM
What? They're doing this again?

There's only one 'King Kong'.

That said, it doesn't look too bad. Better than Jackson's thing anyway. :lol:

shootemindehead
17-Apr-2017, 12:53 AM
Jesus, that was awful.

Neil
17-Apr-2017, 12:11 PM
Jesus, that was awful.
LOL! So you didn't like it then?

shootemindehead
17-Apr-2017, 12:53 PM
It was pretty terrible. I'm amazed at the good press it's getting from some quarters. It's an awful story, with insipid acting, stupid characters (John Reilly aside, but only just), nonsensical motivations, childish commentary on the Vietnam war, has largely unconvincing CGI (at one point Samuel L Jackson looks out of his flying Huey and there isn't a breath of wind) and ends up being thoroughly ludicrous in a very bad way. Give me the 1976 version, any day of the week - never thought I'd hear myself say that.

So...um...nope, I didn't like it and I actually went in quite well disposed towards it.