PDA

View Full Version : Split (film) - M. Night Shyamalan

Neil
27-Jul-2016, 05:48 PM
HHnKnVUySJU

Neil
28-Sep-2016, 07:27 AM
So, has he finally made a good film again? - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76344

Split's a ballsy movie that has a hell of a post-script. I highly recommend giving it a shot when it hits theaters this coming January.

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2016, 09:09 AM
Maybe I'll give it a looksee when it rolls onto the telly, but frankly he burned up his credibility years ago ... this looks like it could be alright, but having dumped out so many rubbish films (it was all downhill after Signs, and even then the 'water reveal' destroyed that entire movie) I'm highly sceptical.

That thing in the trailer about 'changing their body chemistry' ... I wonder if he'll literally become 'the beast' and transform (maybe a werewolf or something similar-ish?). The most intriguing part for me is James McAvoy being in it ... ... but Shyamalan's had good actors in his worst films, so it's not much to go on either. We'll see...

bassman
06-Feb-2017, 12:48 AM
If you're a fan of the director's early works, you HAVE to see this. It's a return and the "tweest ending" is worth the price of admission alone!

It's friggin Unbreakable 2!!!

bassman
29-Jun-2018, 01:16 PM
Super excited for the finale!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dg3GpFpX0AAxOXx.jpg

Neil
29-Jun-2018, 01:53 PM
So are these three films connected?

bassman
29-Jun-2018, 01:56 PM
So are these three films connected?

Yes. With it being a couple years after release, I figured it was safe to post about that. Maybe not. :lol:

But yeah, Split is actually a sequel to Unbreakable, and now Glass will be the final film in the trilogy.

Neil
29-Jun-2018, 01:59 PM
Yes. With it being a couple years after release, I figured it was safe to post about that. Maybe not. :lol:

But yeah, Split is actually a sequel to Unbreakable, and now Glass will be the final film in the trilogy.

OK! On it!!!

bassman
17-Jul-2018, 03:48 PM
Glass teaser for the trailer:

8AD1V61gy-Y

bassman
20-Jul-2018, 11:23 PM
Glass Trailer

95ghQs5AmNk

Oh man....day one!!

MinionZombie
21-Jul-2018, 10:27 AM
After Signs (aliens vulnerable to water invading planet earth aside) the output of MNS was all over the place at best, and shite at worst, so it was really good to see a return to early form with Split, which worked really well, and the reveal at the end was a groovy surprise. MacAvoy was tremendous in the lead role, too.

Glass looks pretty cool, so fingers crossed it can actually pay off on the promising the setup!

EvilNed
22-Jul-2018, 08:44 AM
I've enjoyed every MNS film I've seen.

I haven't seen Avatar, which I suspect is shit, and the Happening was dumb - but effective in some scenes.

Love Signs. The Village was perhaps not his best outing. Haven't seen Lady in the Water or Split, but I want too.

Neil
01-Sep-2023, 02:44 PM
Finally watched Split. Slightly clunky, but an ejoyable ride with McAvoy doing a great job in the lead!