PDA

View Full Version : Over The Hedge

Adrenochrome
23-Jul-2006, 06:53 PM
any of you guys and gals seen Over The Hedge?
We watched it last night and cracked up the entire time - GREAT flick!!!! William Shatner as the voice of the possum-father was/is CLASSIC COMEDY!!!!:D
These new comp-animated movies get better and better.

MinionZombie
23-Jul-2006, 08:31 PM
Aye I caught this a few weeks ago, very funny indeed. While "Cars" was prettier, "OTH" was far, far funnier. Some great observational humour, taking human traits and looking at them through the eyes of another lifeform (we've had toys, bugs, cars and here with animals).

Even Avril Lavigne (Possum daughter) did a good job! Bruce Willis lended some excellent vocal stretching too. This film also had me laughing outloud, well observed, nicely constructed, didn't outstay it's welcome and it had a GOOD STORY. This is the sort of kids movie you want to see, it's got a simple enough story, but it's got a clear and deep-seating moral behind it.

Excellent film, everybody - go check it out. :cool:

Neil
23-Jul-2006, 09:02 PM
I thought it was a bit average... Some very enjoyable bits to it, but not (IMHO) up with some of the other CGI offerings... eg: I've prefered every Pixar film more...

This given, I'm a bit concered MZ thought it was better/funnier than Cars... I had high hopes for Cars (not seen it yet).

MinionZombie
24-Jul-2006, 09:53 AM
Cars is superior in the looks department, but as for laughs it really lets you down. I was expecting lots of LOL moments (like I've had with all the previous Pixar outings - which I too prefer to OTH, despite OTH being a cool flick), however, Cars didn't deliver those LOL moments 90% of the time, I giggled a little bit more than the few times I LOL'd, but I was quite disappointed.

Cars was however and amazing looking film, shame the script wasn't funnier - it wasn't badly written, just not that funny for a Pixar outing.

Neil
24-Jul-2006, 10:18 AM
Cars is superior in the looks department, but as for laughs it really lets you down. I was expecting lots of LOL moments (like I've had with all the previous Pixar outings - which I too prefer to OTH, despite OTH being a cool flick), however, Cars didn't deliver those LOL moments 90% of the time, I giggled a little bit more than the few times I LOL'd, but I was quite disappointed.

Cars was however and amazing looking film, shame the script wasn't funnier - it wasn't badly written, just not that funny for a Pixar outing.

Shame :(

HLS
24-Jul-2006, 03:27 PM
I been wanting to see it. looks cute.

AcesandEights
24-Jul-2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the good mini-review. I don't get to see much big screen animation these days. It's not that I don't want to, I just don't get the chance. Still, I'll have to check it out. I'll have to start bringing dates to see these things, I guess--I don't the guys would be down for it--that, or just start renting them outright.