PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man: Homecoming (film)

Neil
09-Dec-2016, 08:19 AM
xrzXIaTt99U

EvilNed
09-Dec-2016, 10:20 AM
Birdman's the bad guy?

At first I was sceptical. I didn't like the new spidey in the latest Cap film. I thought the casting was off. I didn't like that they were remaking Spiderman... AGAIN. It just feels like Sam Raimi caught lightning in a bottle the first time around and then the new films with Andrew Garfield were thoroughly meh where Raimi's films had been great.

But seeing this... I like the High school angle. The kid seems OK now. Michael Keaton as the bad guy? Performance anxiety toward the Avengers? I like it.

That being said, the villain's schtick looks a bit dumb.

ProfessorChaos
09-Dec-2016, 03:55 PM
life-long spidey fan here, and i couldn't really give any less of a shit about this one. not a fan of the MCU and the disney milk-machine that will likely also burn me out on star wars.

MinionZombie
11-Dec-2016, 10:31 AM
This looks like a good bit of fun, and nice to have it within the MCU fold.

The two "Amazing" films were okay, but that version of Peter Parker felt way too cool and confident in his day-to-day life, and the villains never really worked particularly well. They were kinda forgettable, to be brutally honest. I won't be re-watching them, but I'll be rewatching the Raimi flicks (again, too, having seen those three that Raimi did 2, 3, or 4 times each).

So yeah, this "Homecoming" one does look like fun. I quite enjoyed his introduction in the new Captain America film - him and Ant-Man were my favourites in that movie.

Neil
19-Jul-2017, 09:08 PM
Well I enjoyed it... But I have to say I think the Sam Raimi effort was far more solid!