PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Fisher suffers heart attack

Neil
24-Dec-2016, 11:48 AM
Hope she recovers... She's only 60!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38423963

Fisher, 60, went into cardiac arrest minutes before the end of the London to LA flight.

Passengers attempted to revive her with CPR and she was taken to hospital when the plane landed after midday local time (20:00 GMT), the TMZ website said.

Her brother Todd said she was in intensive care in Los Angeles.

MinionZombie
24-Dec-2016, 02:41 PM
Hang in there, Carrie!

Saw this on the news last night. Hopefully she pulls through. I read that she was "critical" for a spell there, but is now out of that phase.

bassman
24-Dec-2016, 05:13 PM
That's a shame. Didn't she have a long period of cocaine addiction? Might have something to do with it happening at a relatively young age.

EvilNed
24-Dec-2016, 05:47 PM
From what I've gathered;

- As of a few hours ago, she was NOT in a stable condition. Talks of her having recovered turned out to be false.
- She stopped breathing and was kept alive by CPR for a few minutes, maybe 10-15. That's unfortunately plenty of time to develop permanent brain damage.
- Full recovery after being administered CPR is somewhere around ~8%.

It's quite possible that she'll pull through but highly unlikely that she will recover enough so that she can keep acting.

Neil
24-Dec-2016, 05:57 PM
- She stopped breathing and was kept alive by CPR for a few minutes, maybe 10-15. That's unfortunately plenty of time to develop permanent brain damage..

That's what I fear :(

shootemindehead
24-Dec-2016, 05:59 PM
10 -15 minutes? That's not good by any stretch. Years and years of drugs has taken a real toll on her.

EvilNed
24-Dec-2016, 07:05 PM
It's stuff like this that has me living a healthy life, plenty of physical activity and keep it down on the drugs. Including cigarettes and alcohol. Sure, I indulge, but not as a routine.

I want to live as healthy a life as possible.

Neil
25-Dec-2016, 10:15 PM
New is she's "stable"? But I guess that could be good stable or bad stable!?

Moon Knight
26-Dec-2016, 03:58 AM
Here's hoping for a speedy and healthy recovery.

ProfessorChaos
27-Dec-2016, 07:50 PM
she's one with the force now, RIP.

MinionZombie
27-Dec-2016, 08:08 PM
I'd just got back from seeing Rogue One and was told about this. :(

I don't often express the "R.I.P." thing for a lot of these cultural figures. I obviously think its sad when they pass - personal connection to a public figure varies, too, of course - but I'll certainly say Rest In Peace for Carrie Fisher. In addition to Star Wars (obviously), and all her various appearances in different things over the years (Maps To The Stars, Robot Chicken, The Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, When Harry Met Sally, The Blues Brothers etc) - she was also in one of my all-time favourite films: "The 'Burbs" as Carol Peterson.

Gone too soon.

I assume we'll be seeing her as Leia again, for the last time, in Episode 8. :(

Neil
27-Dec-2016, 10:22 PM

I don't often express the "R.I.P." thing for a lot of these cultural figures. I obviously think its sad when they pass - personal connection to a public figure varies, too, of course - but I'll certainly say Rest In Peace for Carrie Fisher. In addition to Star Wars (obviously), and all her various appearances in different things over the years (Maps To The Stars, Robot Chicken, The Big Bang Theory, 30 Rock, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, When Harry Met Sally, The Blues Brothers etc) - she was also in one of my all-time favourite films: "The 'Burbs" as Carol Peterson.

Gone too soon.

I assume we'll be seeing her as Leia again, for the last time, in Episode 8. :(Snap!

Got back from the cinema and heard the news :(

I wonder if she's done her filming for ep8?

bassman
28-Dec-2016, 12:30 AM

Gone too soon.

I assume we'll be seeing her as Leia again, for the last time, in Episode 8. :(

Totally forgot shes in the burbs! I adore that flick.

Sad news indeed. I wonder if this will effect the trajectory of this new trilogy at all? Being that Luke was found and Han is gone, I had figured she'd be included more in the next two. She was done filming episode Eight, but obviously they haven't done Nine.

MinionZombie
28-Dec-2016, 09:55 AM
Yeah, all her stuff for Episode 8 is done - in fact, I think all the shooting for Ep8 is done, too (they're now in post production for a year) - so we'll get that ... the main thing is how will it affect Episode 9 and what will they do? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a re-write to take her passing into account, but one that also gives us a chance to say goodbye to the character on-screen.

Regarding "Rogue One" and also Carrie Fisher:
They could go the CGI route for the older incarnation - General Leia Organa - as they did with Peter Cushing/Grand Moff Tarkin. It worked pretty darn well with Cushing/Tarkin, although certain subtle moments stood out if you look closely.

We saw the young Princess Leia at the very end - that instance stood out more than Tarkin - but some of that was probably down to the context so it feels like a bigger moment than it is in terms of running time, if that makes sense?

Moon Knight
28-Dec-2016, 05:38 PM
May the Force be with her always. Sleep well, Princess.

rongravy
29-Dec-2016, 04:39 AM
Sad, and now her mother.
Tonight's tribute will be Dropping Dead Fred.

Neil
29-Dec-2016, 10:56 AM
Ffs!!

shootemindehead
29-Dec-2016, 04:13 PM
Jesus, that's awful. I don't believe in dying of broken hearts. But, that must come close.