PDA

View Full Version : Current security alert about the forum

Neil
09-Mar-2017, 05:02 PM
As of yesterday morning Google seems to have taken a dislike to HPotD's forum which means you can get a warning when visiting it. We are investigating...

Andy
09-Mar-2017, 07:56 PM
I've been pulled out of retirement to have a look at this one guys, I've done a lot of work on the forums today which may impact some features.. If you see anything that's not working correctly please can you let me know.

Neil
09-Mar-2017, 08:38 PM
Can't thank Andy enough!

JDP
09-Mar-2017, 09:28 PM
As of yesterday morning Google seems to have taken a dislike to HPotD's forum which means you can get a warning when visiting it. We are investigating...

I have been getting these warnings for a couple of days now. The only way so far to get through to the forums is either turn off Google Chrome's "protection" or enter the forums via Internet Explorer, which does not give the warning or block the site.

Neil
09-Mar-2017, 09:30 PM
I have been getting these warnings for a couple of days now. The only way so far to get through to the forums is either turn off Google Chrome's "protection" or enter the forums via Internet Explorer, which does not give the warning or block the site.

Yeh, it started for me yesterday about 10AM (GMT). And for you?

Anyway, Andy's kicked the forum a bit and fingers cross once Google have retested the site it'll be sorted...

JDP
10-Mar-2017, 12:28 AM
Yeh, it started for me yesterday about 10AM (GMT). And for you?

Anyway, Andy's kicked the forum a bit and fingers cross once Google have retested the site it'll be sorted...

Two days ago was the first time that Google Chrome started to block access to the forums for me.

Neil
10-Mar-2017, 05:44 AM
Well hopefully good news... I can see in googles information a message about the forum:-

Google has received and processed your security review request. Google systems indicate that http://forum.homepageofthedead[.]com/ no longer contains links to harmful sites or downloads. The warnings visible to users are being removed from your site. This may take a few hours.

Fingers crossed that's it!

shootemindehead
10-Mar-2017, 10:13 AM
Haven't gotten a warning today. So it all seems good.

JDP
10-Mar-2017, 11:04 AM
Same here. The problem with Google Chrome seems to be gone.

Neil
15-Mar-2017, 01:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure this has been totally solved.

If anyone gets any odd redirects or anything strange displayed while in the forum can you please let us know please.

If there is indeed still a problem, it could be something quite subtle like the first time in from an external link it does it for the user, and then not again. And/or not more than once a a day for a user etc. This sort of behaviour has been reported by other VBulletin boards suffering from the same sort of issue.

shootemindehead
15-Mar-2017, 03:24 PM
Clean as a whistle for me the past few days.

JDP
15-Mar-2017, 04:39 PM
Problem hasn't come back for me either. All fine.

Neil
15-Mar-2017, 05:03 PM
Good to hear... See anything odd or a redirect when first coming in... Let me know please...