PDA

View Full Version : The Matrix (reboot)

Neil
15-Mar-2017, 02:02 PM
OMG - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/03/15/reboot-matrix-works-would-like-see-made/

Warner Bros. is reportedly planning a reboot of The Matrix, news that split opinion among fans of the sci-fi classic

Screenwriter Zak Penn, whose recent credits include The Avengers, is in talks with the studio to write the new treatment, sources told the Hollywood Reporter.

shootemindehead
15-Mar-2017, 03:27 PM
Why? It's only a few years old?

Besides, only the first one is any good and that outlives its welcome once Keanuitis sets in.

Why not remake stuff that needs remaking? Watched 'Hannie Caulder' the other day. There's a film just asking for a modern day remake.

bassman
17-Mar-2017, 12:29 AM
If they don't call it The Matrix Rebooted, I'll be seriously disappointed.....

Trin
21-Mar-2017, 07:06 PM
Maybe I could show my Matrix inspired slide out cell phone to get reduced ticket pricing.

I don't think that the Matrix needs a reboot (i.e. remake of the original movie w/original storyline). I could see doing one of two things:

1) Figuring out a way to reboot such that the second and third movies make sense. Those movies were action-packed nonsense. So a reboot could make sense if you could rewrite it as a proper trilogy.

2) Tell a new set of stories in the Matrix universe sometime after the originals. I think there's an interesting storyline whereby Neo and crew actually ended up fitting into the architect's vision. That is, Neo/Zion were just the latest iteration, no matter how much it seemed they were breaking the cycle. The twist could be that Neo figured it out enough to leave clues in the system that the next iteration of cast and characters notice (Neo as a mythical figure to them, perhaps) and thus pursue in their efforts to break the cycle.

And I'd suggest lots of slow motion bullet dodging and destructible environments.

bassman
21-Mar-2017, 08:43 PM
I saw today that it's reportedly a prequel following Morpheus and they're so far along that they're already discussing the lead role with Michael B. Jordan?....