PDA

View Full Version : Black Panther (film)

Neil
10-Jun-2017, 12:21 PM
Hmmm...

dxWvtMOGAhw

Neil
26-Mar-2018, 04:52 PM
So now the highest earning super hero movie ever!

MinionZombie
26-Mar-2018, 05:03 PM
So now the highest earning super hero movie ever!

What's it up to, and have they adjusted for inflation - or are they doing like they always do and never adjust for inflation? The Exorcist is still the highest grossing horror film, and Gone With The Wind is still the juggernaut of all cinematic juggernauts in tickets sold.

Still, though, good on Black Panther for its success. I've heard lots of good things about it. Will check it out when it hits the telly (I've still not seen Spider-Man: Homecoming, or Thor: Ragnarok ... or Justice League). So many superhero movies!

bassman
26-Mar-2018, 07:20 PM
What's it up to, and have they adjusted for inflation - or are they doing like they always do and never adjust for inflation? The Exorcist is still the highest grossing horror film, and Gone With The Wind is still the juggernaut of all cinematic juggernauts in tickets sold.

Still, though, good on Black Panther for its success. I've heard lots of good things about it. Will check it out when it hits the telly (I've still not seen Spider-Man: Homecoming, or Thor: Ragnarok ... or Justice League). So many superhero movies!

Seek out Ragnarok first. One of the funniest flicks in recent memory. Waititi took that third film in a completely different direction from the last two and it really paid off. I had a blast with it, it may even be more fun than Guardians of the Galaxy....

Still not seen Black Panther, either. Happy for it’s success, but honestly didn’t expect it because the character was a bit bland in Civil War.

blind2d
03-Apr-2018, 01:19 AM
I saw and it was really great! Still need to see Ragnarok though. Glad this place isn't dead yet! (Un-undead? Double Dead 2000? Dead 3: The Reckoning?)

EvilNed
03-Apr-2018, 04:26 AM
This was good but Ragnarok was great.

This one suffered from having a rather dull protagonist. Only the supporting cast is interesting.

MinionZombie
03-Apr-2018, 09:55 AM
I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming the other night, finally ... so I'm a step further in catching up on these Marvel flicks, heh. Really enjoyed it, although there were a few, for lack of a better term, 'SJW moments' where one character or another would say something in that irritating 'know-it-all' tone - those moments just felt crowbarred in and kind of awkward, and were so brief that they were essentially pointless.

For instance, the bit where MJ says something about that monument (you know, the tall pointy one in DC - I forget the name of it now) being built by slaves ... now, fair enough as a fact, but at the same time I'm sure many old buildings over there weren't built according to respectful work practices!!! Indeed, so many buildings - landmarks, wonders of the world, etc - weren't built under unionised conditions!!! So it's a bit 'pick-and-choosey' and kind of askew in-the-moment ... I understand the reason why the character had to not be in the building (because of the love interest being in the elevator, so MJ had to be apart from that scene for better clarity in the storytelling), but a fear of heights would have sufficed just fine, wouldn't it? In fact, you could even filter that in to a sequel with MJ in danger in a high place and she has to fight against her fear of heights in order to survive ... instead of just a throwaway comment.

Anyway - aside from that very small thing (simply because it felt disjointed and kinda forced), I really enjoyed the movie. Although, again, Marvel has to have the climactic battle in the air ... what's with their obsession with aerial-based combat? :p The first two Sam Raimi flicks were the best, but Homecoming is easily the best Spidey flick since Spider-Man 2.

And all that was off-topic to Black Panther, I know, but figured I'd mention it in-passing in regards to my previous post in the thread. :p

Next up - Ragnarok ... ... eventually. :D

EvilNed
04-Apr-2018, 11:12 AM
You're on the wrong side of history, MZ! Triggered!

MinionZombie
04-Apr-2018, 04:39 PM
You're on the wrong side of history, MZ! Triggered!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bassman
07-Apr-2018, 07:55 PM
I was really let down with BP. After the spectacular Ragnarok, BP just goes back to being the exact same cookie cutter comic film. Honestly, it could be argued that they basically repackaged the first Iron Man with a different race and country and bam....ya got BP. Baseman was still just as boring as he was in Civil War, Michael B Jordan looks like he’s there for a paycheck(just like Jeff bridges), it’s just....ugh. Been there, done that.....they just did it with a different race of people. I definitely don’t see how it’s getting such great reviews and breaking records...