PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead: Bloodline (film)

MagicMoonMonkey
14-Sep-2017, 06:32 PM
Imagine you owned the rights to Day of the Dead and you were given some cash to remake it. You would go straight to the original script and get that thing on to the screen. Any sane fan of the genre and of the original would.

There has been two previous attempts to cash in on Day of the Dead and both movies were beyond shite. Surely a third attempt would see the original script being done in modern times. NOPE.

Before you click the link to UH-M and BD, please ensure you have nothing close to hand that you could gouge your eyes out with when you read this shit and see the pictures. Bub is now called Max and the chunter is a flippin' half human, half zombie hell bent on destroying the lead of Zoe Parker... yeah, you remember her from the original. Then you have Rhodes, Steele, Rickles and the gang.... oh no we don't! What we do have is a ragtag group of military and survivalists the all wear woodland camo uniforms that were phased out in the 2000s?.. Not a bit of UCP in all it variants in sight, just good ol' woodland camo. Maybe they're all survivalists and SDF. The reality is just a cheap as fuck wardrobe provision probably.

Read on and know despair. I fear I will never see the original script on screen before I shuffle off this mortal coil... :(

http://www.upcominghorrormovies.com/movie/day-dead

Some more news to whet your appetites...

http://bloody-disgusting.com/tag/day-of-the-dead/

JDP
14-Sep-2017, 08:34 PM
Bub is now called Max and the chunter is a flippin' half human, half zombie hell bent on destroying the lead of Zoe Parker...

LOL! What a bunch of amateurs. There can be no such thing in Romero's original Zombie Universe. You have to die to become a zombie. These are not vampires, where you can have "half-vampires". There is no "middle ground" between the living (i.e. humans) and zombies (i.e. the reanimated dead), so "half-human half-zombie" is a contradiction to the very concept of a Romero zombie.

Neil
15-Sep-2017, 10:33 AM
What the hell!

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2017, 11:16 AM
As if the insta-rot ceiling-crawlers of that pile of turds from 2008 (and whatever 'Craptagium' was) wasn't bad enough!!! :stunned:

Would there be a rights issue with the original script that Romero wrote? Perhaps they can't afford it, so they just opt for a basic (and terrible) remake?

Looks like total dreck.

shootemindehead
15-Sep-2017, 11:17 AM
I just puked.

MagicMoonMonkey
15-Sep-2017, 03:49 PM
LOL! What a bunch of amateurs. There can be no such thing in Romero's original Zombie Universe. You have to die to become a zombie. These are not vampires, where you can have "half-vampires". There is no "middle ground" between the living (i.e. humans) and zombies (i.e. the reanimated dead), so "half-human half-zombie" is a contradiction to the very concept of a Romero zombie.

What the hell!

As if the insta-rot ceiling-crawlers of that pile of turds from 2008 (and whatever 'Craptagium' was) wasn't bad enough!!! :stunned:

Would there be a rights issue with the original script that Romero wrote? Perhaps they can't afford it, so they just opt for a basic (and terrible) remake?

Looks like total dreck.

I just puked.

I am sorry that I had to bring this sack of wank before you guys. I.. I just couldn't take this news alone.

To think the arsehole involved in the 2008 version had learned by her mistake and came out with this quote, "We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z."
I took that to mean no raptor zombies and a proper remake... Clearly I know fuck all about what you and I as fans of the film want to see. Half human/half zombies... Could anyone with an ounce of respect for the fans of the original and for Romero have come up with that disaster of an idea. She was probably the daft bastard that came up with the idea of vegetarian zombie in the 2008 blasphemy.

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2017, 04:12 PM
I am sorry that I had to bring this sack of wank before you guys. I.. I just couldn't take this news alone.

How vivid. :lol::lol::lol: ... ... the images in my head now ... geez. :barf: :lol:

To think the arsehole involved in the 2008 version had learned by her mistake and came out with this quote, "We want to keep it as close to the Romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z."
I took that to mean no raptor zombies and a proper remake... Clearly I know fuck all about what you and I as fans of the film want to see. Half human/half zombies... Could anyone with an ounce of respect for the fans of the original and for Romero have come up with that disaster of an idea. She was probably the daft bastard that came up with the idea of vegetarian zombie in the 2008 blasphemy.

That Taurus crowd or whoever the fudge they are? Ugh. "Climbing walls and doing back flips like in World War Z" ... they must've forgotten about the ceiling crawlers. Aside from being an utterly horrendous idea, it physically made no sense - how would they grip/stick to the surface, and how would the surface (typical light weight ceiling tiles) allow for the weight of a human body to hang from it?!

"As close to the Romero version as possible"? And then goes on to churn out this fetid turd smeared with slimy diseases?! There are no words... :stunned::mad:

Neil
16-Sep-2017, 04:11 PM
i am sorry that i had to bring this sack of wank before you guys. I.. I just couldn't take this news alone.

To think the arsehole involved in the 2008 version had learned by her mistake and came out with this quote, "we want to keep it as close to the romero version as possible to make sure that his fans are happy. These are not going to be zombies climbing walls and doing back flips like in world war z."
i took that to mean no raptor zombies and a proper remake... Clearly i know fuck all about what you and i as fans of the film want to see. Half human/half zombies... Could anyone with an ounce of respect for the fans of the original and for romero have come up with that disaster of an idea. She was probably the daft bastard that came up with the idea of vegetarian zombie in the 2008 blasphemy.

lol!!

JDP
17-Sep-2017, 02:41 AM
IMDb has an entry for the movie. By looking at the character list, it seems like the only character that was actually incorporated from Romero's Day (either in the original script or the one that was actually filmed) is Miguel Salazar:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3053228/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Yet Romero is absurdly given credit for the characters!

Curiously, it seems like Miguel has a surviving relative on this one ("Baca Salazar") I wonder if he is also going to be "yellow" like his more (in)famous relative and teased & bullied constantly by the other soldiers? But I am not holding my breath. So far by judging how they seem to have butchered this attempt at a "remake" by discarding almost all characters from Romero's scripts, and by making "Bub" be called "Max" and be a "half-human, half-zombie" (WTF!?!?!), I would not be surprised if Miguel is a fearless hero from the very beginning in this one, totally different than his original counterpart.

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2017, 10:23 AM
So far by judging how they seem to have butchered this attempt at a "remake" by discarding almost all characters from Romero's scripts, and by making "Bub" be called "Max" and be a "half-human, half-zombie" (WTF!?!?!), I would not be surprised if Miguel is a fearless hero from the very beginning in this one, totally different than his original counterpart.

And their Rhodes stand-in will be a cuddly teddy bear, and their version of Steele will be lugging around a swear jar. I wouldn't put it past them. :rolleyes:

JDP
17-Sep-2017, 01:01 PM
And their Rhodes stand-in will be a cuddly teddy bear, and their version of Steele will be lugging around a swear jar. I wouldn't put it past them. :rolleyes:

And the Rickles substitute is a super-sensitive ex-housewife who lectures others about the fact that flippin' the bird at zombies or making cavemen big penis jokes is not polite or appropriate behavior. And the McDermott substitute is a fervent advocate of 1920s prohibition who hands invitations to AA meetings to all those poor souls who have a problem with the bottle.

MagicMoonMonkey
17-Sep-2017, 01:38 PM
I think to watch this movie would be the equivalent of self-harming. It really makes you wonder what goes through the heads of some people.
Even if they didn't have a budget to make the original script, surely to fuck they could have just pinched off a scene for scene remake similar to what Savini did with Night90 and cash in it that way. Do the same story but throw in a few more background scientists and soldiers for a big slaughter-fest at the end and they'd have won a watch. Get a few external scenes in it to switch the focus and the zombie fan new and old might have enjoyed it as something different. This looks like military you see on those SYFY channel crap-fests with shite 1990s British Army surplus store uniforms. GNNNNF.

Neil
17-Sep-2017, 03:04 PM
I think it will be as loyal to the original in content and quality as this was - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2645670/

Moon Knight
17-Sep-2017, 03:50 PM
Nope.

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2017, 04:24 PM
JDP - it'll be a big happy clappy sing-song around the campfire with feelgood motivational speeches about inclusivity and the perils of sexting. Max will probably end up having parents, one human and one zombie, and he'll have an identity crisis about which side to be loyal to.

Christ, if they're reading this thread we're probably giving them ideas for a sequel to their piss-poor excuse for a 'remake'. All the other terrible remakes are gathering around like gibbering ghouls, pouring pig blood into a bucket in preparation.

MagicMoonMonkey
17-Sep-2017, 05:38 PM
JDP - it'll be a big happy clappy sing-song around the campfire with feelgood motivational speeches about inclusivity and the perils of sexting. Max will probably end up having parents, one human and one zombie, and he'll have an identity crisis about which side to be loyal to.

Christ, if they're reading this thread we're probably giving them ideas for a sequel to their piss-poor excuse for a 'remake'. All the other terrible remakes are gathering around like gibbering ghouls, pouring pig blood into a bucket in preparation.

What I want to know is, why do the people making this shite feel the need to try to add something new to the genre. Romero got it right first time. The Bub evolution was the acceptable limit, and take big daddy out of the equation, the zombies in Land of the Dead going around poorly mimicking aspects of their old life was the very limit.

I wonder if this fucking Max character actually talks... I feel it in my bones that the fucker will talk. This is going to be a whole new level of wank. Half human - Half Zombie... "Well, hello there Aunt Alicia. How are you this very fine day? Can I lick your face menacingly because I am from your past and I want to destroy your soul from the inside out.

NNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGF

If I was a billionaire I would make it my business to shut this fucking thing down.

JDP
18-Sep-2017, 03:01 AM
What I want to know is, why do the people making this shite feel the need to try to add something new to the genre. Romero got it right first time. The Bub evolution was the acceptable limit, and take big daddy out of the equation, the zombies in Land of the Dead going around poorly mimicking aspects of their old life was the very limit.

I wonder if this fucking Max character actually talks... I feel it in my bones that the fucker will talk. This is going to be a whole new level of wank. Half human - Half Zombie... "Well, hello there Aunt Alicia. How are you this very fine day? Can I lick your face menacingly because I am from your past and I want to destroy your soul from the inside out.

NNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGF

If I was a billionaire I would make it my business to shut this fucking thing down.

They should give the job of remaking classic zombie movies to people who know the subject inside out and actually know what they are doing, like Nicotero or Savini.

rightwing401
28-Sep-2017, 03:32 AM
Why can't these damn morons just take the first script Romero wrote, but scrapped due to budget constrains, and do a few moderizations to make it time appropriate?

I've read it. The original script makes what we saw on screen look like the difference between Jaws and Jaws IV.

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2017, 09:50 AM
Why can't these damn morons just take the first script Romero wrote, but scrapped due to budget constrains, and do a few moderizations to make it time appropriate?

I've read it. The original script makes what we saw on screen look like the difference between Jaws and Jaws IV.

Either they're too stupid to manage it, or it's possible that they don't have the rights to that original script. I'm sure that even if they did they'd make a complete arse-up of it.

shootemindehead
28-Sep-2017, 03:52 PM
TBH, I've always been happier with the film we got.

The original script was something I read on here around 98. It's what got me lurking on the site til I actually bothered to join up. But, while it sounded good, I still thought the finished film, including the necessary compromises) was better.

In the right hands, though, the original script could be great. But, I don't think there's anyone around who could make it so. Even Romero would have struggled with it in his later years.

MinionZombie
28-Sep-2017, 04:17 PM
But, while it sounded good, I still thought the finished film, including the necessary compromises) was better.

Agreed. I saw the version we got a good while before I ever knew there was a previous version of the script, so Day of the Dead has always been what it is to me. :)

MinionZombie
06-Dec-2017, 10:09 AM
w9WULv5h0pE

Just when you thought Taurus were done dragging Romero's name through the mud while simultaneously shitting all over one of the man's greatest works, this turd basket comes along. :rolleyes::mad::(

JDP
06-Dec-2017, 02:04 PM
Oh, boy... sprint running zombies & "half-human half-zombie" freaks.

Neil
06-Dec-2017, 05:13 PM
Oh dear!

1) Running/fast moving zombies? CHECK!
2) Dinosaur roaring zombies? CHECK!
3) Pretty "teenagers" in seemingly high positions normally requiring far older and more experienced people? CHECK!
4) Needless booby/sex scene(s) for teenage male titillation? CHECK!

Sorry George!

EvilNed
06-Dec-2017, 06:14 PM
I don't know, looks better than I expected it to.

Neil
06-Dec-2017, 06:44 PM

Is that cos of (4)? :)

JDP
06-Dec-2017, 08:22 PM

Well, it cannot be as bad as the Day of the Dead pseudo-remake, that is a safe assumption.

Neil
06-Dec-2017, 08:27 PM
Well, it cannot be as bad as the Day of the Dead pseudo-remake, that is a safe assumption.

I guess that did have ceiling crawling zombies... How did that ever make sense to anyone involved with that film in anyway at all!? How did that idea come out of a meeting with a thumbs up?

JDP
06-Dec-2017, 08:33 PM
I guess that did have ceiling crawling zombies... How did that ever make sense to anyone involved with that film in anyway at all!? How did that idea come out of a meeting with a thumbs up?

Why was that train-wreck of a movie even branded with the same name as Romero's movie??? It doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with Romero's Day except for the fact that both movies have zombies. That was a pure shameless attempt at capitalizing on the name of a famous zombie film, nothing else. Thus why I call it a pseudo-remake.

bassman
07-Dec-2017, 01:39 AM
I can't say I'm surprised. Romero's respected work will continue to be ripped off for as long as we're around and even further than that.

I'm not sure I agree that anyone should make his original script though. Seems to me that the money constraints and the resulting "trimming of the fat" actually helped the film. He kinda threw in everything, including the kitchen sink, into that original script. It would have been too much and wouldn't have come out to the respected classic we have now. The producers requiring him to cut it back actually helped him to refine it, IMO. Essentially giving the film a lot of what makes it the best of the original trilogy to a lot of fans.

MinionZombie
07-Dec-2017, 10:00 AM
The producers requiring him to cut it back actually helped him to refine it, IMO. Essentially giving the film a lot of what makes it the best of the original trilogy to a lot of fans.

Aye. A rare case of that working, albeit the edict was passed down for monetary rather than creative reasons ... but by accident, the money men made a good move! :lol:

Some elements of the original script made it into Land, and other elements might have been a bit too much. Might it have been a bit too wacky in certain regards? It's been a very long time since I read the original script, and I do recall having fun with it, but as you say, I think in the end we definitely got the better version of Day of the Dead committed to film. :thumbsup:

beat_truck
07-Dec-2017, 10:57 AM
I like a lot of old, odd and sometimes "bad" movies. A lot of them had character and are quite fun to watch. From the teaser, this looks just like Day '08, Craptagium, and the NOTLD ripoffs I've made the mistake of watching. NOT something I consider fun to watch. More like painful, insulting, and generic. I'm done wasting time on that kind of shit, and I sure as hell am NOT going spend any more money on it.

MinionZombie
07-Dec-2017, 04:01 PM
I like a lot of old, odd and sometimes "bad" movies. A lot of them had character and are quite fun to watch. From the teaser, this looks just like Day '08, Craptagium, and the NOTLD ripoffs I've made the mistake of watching. NOT something I consider fun to watch. More like painful, insulting, and generic. I'm done wasting time on that kind of shit, and I sure as hell am NOT going spend any more money on it.

Yeah, these sort of things always reek of arseholes (devoid of originality, to boot) whose only motivation is trying to rinse money out of the iconic work and name of far more creative people.

Trencher
12-Dec-2017, 12:03 PM
Yet Romero is absurdly given credit for the characters!

Does this count as Romero exploration?
Is this going to be a thing? :confused:

MagicMoonMonkey
05-Jan-2018, 05:36 PM
This sack of shite is available on VOD and all the other streaming outlets.

I scanned through it and I really don't think I will give it a proper viewing. Explosive bursts of blood when these velocizombies speed eaters get hold of you.

Geordie9
09-Jan-2018, 09:01 PM
It's a big steamy pile of shite, the acting is baaaadddd, day of the dead ruined again. No doubt there will be another dodgy remake in a couple of years which i will definitely avoid this time.

Neil
10-Jan-2018, 08:55 AM
Question... What's the "bloodline" element of the title mean?

beat_truck
10-Jan-2018, 09:58 PM
It's probably the just the equivalent of clickbait.

MagicMoonMonkey
14-Jan-2018, 06:12 PM
Question... What's the "bloodline" element of the title mean?

I think it is rapey Max's obsession with Zoe before he becomes a super ninja talking half rapey human, half rapey zombie.
There's a scene where super clever talking half rapey human, half rapey zombie Max is hiding in the ceiling air shaft smelling her hair band that looks like a pair of knickers. The writers and producers have brought a lot of new ideas to the table. Pity they are all shit.

Edit:

The thing is that they have some good ideas for the actual bunker like the civilian camp site, but off-set it with shite like frenzied camera work, the sprinting roaring zombies, a rapey half human/half zombie. If they had stuck to the premise of the original, had the Romero style of dead and added those civilians then they might have had something that would have been quite good.

They find a cure... so hopefully no more of this nonsense from Torus Entertainment.

JDP
15-Jan-2018, 04:08 AM
I immediately became wary of this movie the very second I read about the "half-human half-zombie" freak. This sent alarm bells ringing all over the place. This is a most obnoxious contradiction to Romero's very own zombie universe that it is purportedly trying to be based on, since no such thing can exist! The only way to become a zombie is to be DEAD in the first place, so there goes the silly idea of a "half-human half-zombie" freak down the toilet right from the very start. But that apparently did not bother the filmmakers. Go figure.

beat_truck
15-Jan-2018, 05:17 AM
Is a half-human half-zombie freak better than, equal to, or worse than the zombies that crawled on the ceiling like flies, in the last jerk-off-fest of a remake?:D

MinionZombie
15-Jan-2018, 10:07 AM
Is a half-human half-zombie freak better than, equal to, or worse than the zombies that crawled on the ceiling like flies, in the last jerk-off-fest of a remake?:D

I'll go with "equal to" in terms of utter shitness. :lol:

Neil
15-Jan-2018, 10:12 AM
super ninja talking half rapey human, half rapey zombie.

Rapey? WTF? Please don't say it sinks that low?

MagicMoonMonkey
21-Jan-2018, 11:05 AM
Rapey? WTF? Please don't say it sinks that low?

Early in the movie when they show the outbreak, Zoe and Max are in a morgue with cadavers on the slab. Then Max tries to rape Zoe before Autopsy zombie gets off the table and attacks Max. The whole story is Max declaring his affections and slobbering "You are mine". He also cut her name in to his zombiefied arm.

hope to never hear of Day being remade in my lifetime. It's a fucking disgrace that these people think the 3 attempts so far have been acceptable.

Yes it would be good to see a straight forward modernisation of Dawn and Day like Savini and Romero did with NotD. It will never happen though unless I become a billionaire.

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2018, 03:59 PM
Sounds like a load of shite. Won't be wasting my time on this dreck, and I've seen some right old cobblers in my time (such as the 2008 remake of Day). :lol:

beat_truck
21-Jan-2018, 09:15 PM
WOW, just wow.:confused: How much worse can it get? I shouldn't even say that as someone will take it as a challenge.:mad: This actually makes the '08 version sound great in comparison.

Adam the Dog
04-Feb-2018, 07:37 AM
I can't wait to ignore this.

zomtom
07-Feb-2018, 05:16 AM
I can't help myself! I have to see it! I just don't want to spend the money on VOD. That being said, I put it on my Netflix queue. It states, "very long wait". I guess there's an audience for it. Or maybe Netflix has one disc for the whole country? Knowing me I will decide to splurge on the VOD and then kick myself afterward. Still, I'm from a time when zombie movies were few and far between. I have to give even the shitty ones a chance.

MinionZombie
07-Feb-2018, 10:16 AM
I can't wait to ignore this.

:lol::lol::lol:

There's a quote for the DVD cover art, right there.

I can't help myself! I have to see it! I just don't want to spend the money on VOD. That being said, I put it on my Netflix queue. It states, "very long wait". I guess there's an audience for it. Or maybe Netflix has one disc for the whole country? Knowing me I will decide to splurge on the VOD and then kick myself afterward. Still, I'm from a time when zombie movies were few and far between. I have to give even the shitty ones a chance.

Don't do it to yourself and for the love of Romero don't encourage these creatively bankrupt ass clowns at Taurus who keep trampling on Romero's work to make a fast buck.

Adrenochrome
08-Feb-2018, 08:43 PM
I watched this abortion last night. The only thing worse that this movie is getting your teeth pulled by a retarded orangutan.

JDP
08-Feb-2018, 10:21 PM
I watched this abortion last night. The only thing worse that this movie is getting your teeth pulled by a retarded orangutan.

And that teeth-pulling retarded orangutan has a name: Day of the Dead - 2008 pseudo-remake.

Suicycho
09-Jun-2018, 09:01 PM

It’s on Netflix so me & my wife decided what the hell. George...Godfather...please forgive me for my trespass against you. I am without excuse save for foolishness. I beg you, please forgive me?

EvilNed
10-Jun-2018, 11:49 AM
It’s on Netflix so me & my wife decided what the hell. George...Godfather...please forgive me for my trespass against you. I am without excuse save for foolishness. I beg you, please forgive me?

I've seen it there. Is it really that bad?

MinionZombie
10-Jun-2018, 04:07 PM

:lol::lol::lol:

Repent! Repent! :D

bassman
17-Aug-2018, 12:10 PM
Of course we all know, even before watching, that this film isn’t going to be good. Perhaps going in with those really low expectations changed my outlook for Bloodline, but I was actually surprised that it wasn’t quite as terrible as I was expecting. I guess I would say it’s on a level similar to most SyFy Original films.

Moon Knight
17-Aug-2018, 05:22 PM
Of course we all know, even before watching, that this film isn’t going to be good. Perhaps going in with those really low expectations changed my outlook for Bloodline, but I was actually surprised that it wasn’t quite as terrible as I was expecting. I guess I would say it’s on a level similar to most SyFy Original films.

I recently saw it too. The biggest crime is attaching the Day of the Dead name to it. As a stand alone it really isn’t any worse than a SyFy original.

MinionZombie
18-Aug-2018, 10:02 AM
All this talk of people watching this bullshit's got me all...

https://media.giphy.com/media/eFWC3zE0zALE4/giphy.gif

:D

Moon Knight
18-Aug-2018, 02:53 PM
All this talk of people watching this bullshit's got me all...

https://media.giphy.com/media/eFWC3zE0zALE4/giphy.gif

:D

I know, I’m a horrible person. :(

EvilNed
19-Jun-2020, 01:19 PM
I've seen it there. Is it really that bad?

Yes, Ned. Yes it is.

Neil
19-Jun-2020, 11:05 PM
Yes, Ned. Yes it is.

Talking to yourself now?

MinionZombie
20-Jun-2020, 10:05 AM
Talking to yourself now?

Lockdown cabin fever?

Just don't wander into any hedge mazes, Ned.