PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas shooting

Neil
02-Oct-2017, 11:15 AM
Horrific! Over 50 dead and over 200 injured... Gun control will surely come into question again?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41466116

EDIT: Over 400 injured!

EDIT: Over 500 injured!

shootemindehead
02-Oct-2017, 01:09 PM
Terrible stuff. Been reading about it this morning.

That must have been terrifying.

I not only think gun control needs looking at, but mental issues too. Apparently this guy also had a criminal record.

Neil
03-Oct-2017, 09:16 AM
Police found 23 guns in his hotel room, as well as "in excess of" 19 firearms and explosives at his Nevada home

Bonkers!

shootemindehead
03-Oct-2017, 04:39 PM
That's nearly the amount of weapons an average platoon carries.

Although, he didn't have a criminal record. Early reports on that were off. But there's reports of gambling debts. So, it sounds like it all got a bit much for him and he decided to go out, while taking a few innocents with him.

Seriously though, if you have someone amassing an arsenal of that nature and size, there's something seriously wrong.

Neil
03-Oct-2017, 06:44 PM
That's nearly the amount of weapons an average platoon carries.

Although, he didn't have a criminal record. Early reports on that were off. But there's reports of gambling debts. So, it sounds like it all got a bit much for him and he decided to go out, while taking a few innocents with him.

Seriously though, if you have someone amassing an arsenal of that nature and size, there's something seriously wrong.

Why should you be allowed to own so many weapons and so much ammunition?

And if I've read right, the NRA want to legalise silencers? Because that of course makes everyone even safer!

shootemindehead
03-Oct-2017, 07:32 PM
And Trump is in their pocket too. But I don't see that happening now.

Thank christ.

Who "needs" a silencer?

FFS.

JDP
04-Oct-2017, 05:16 AM
Who "needs" a silencer?

Special government agents, assassins and... hunters. I knew a hunter who made his own rifle silencers. I was in his workshop and saw how he made them. He even lent a me a book on the subject, which is where he learnt how to make them.

shootemindehead
04-Oct-2017, 09:07 AM
The first two get their silencers anyway. They're government agents/assassins. I'm talking about the public at large.

Hunters don't NEED silencers. They're never NEEDED silencers in over a century that humans have been hunting game.

Besides a "silencer" (suppressor) is pretty useless for hunting by and large. Most of them (not all) will reduce velocity and accuracy and it doesn't really silence the weapon, like in the movies. Any animal that's a target will still hear the weapon and make a break. All you're doing when you attach a suppressor to a hunting rifle is reducing your chance to hit the target.

It's also EXTREMELY dangerous for people, other than the hunters, who happen to be in the same area that will find it harder to hear when a hunter is in the same woods are they are and take the appropriate action - i.e. GTFO.

The lobby wants people to believe this is all about "hearing protection" for the hunter, but that's a load of old pony really.

It's about money.

There's also a serious concern regarding suppressors helping criminality. Someone buys and gun and suppresses it and breaks into a house. They can off the occupants and the neighbours probably wouldn't know about it. Meanwhile the guy who's done the deed gets away.