PDA

View Full Version : Avengers: Infinity War (film)

Neil
01-Dec-2017, 04:39 PM
Fully expect this to stomp on Justice League from a great height...

6ZfuNTqbHE8

bassman
01-Dec-2017, 08:46 PM
Fully expect this to stomp on Justice League from a great height...

That kinda goes without saying, no?

With the Russo brothers behind these two films, they have a chance of having some real weight, stakes, and consequences, which are things Marvel has seriously been lacking. Being that Avengers 3 & 4 are also technically the "contractual obligations are ending" films, they have an opportunity to take some characters out and giving the franchise a bit of an edge.

BTW......Why on Earth did they take away Johanson's red hair, effectively reducing her sex appeal??

MinionZombie
02-Dec-2017, 11:14 AM
With the Russo brothers behind these two films, they have a chance of having some real weight, stakes, and consequences, which are things Marvel has seriously been lacking. Being that Avengers 3 & 4 are also technically the "contractual obligations are ending" films, they have an opportunity to take some characters out and giving the franchise a bit of an edge.

BTW......Why on Earth did they take away Johanson's red hair, effectively reducing her sex appeal??

The Russo brothers have done some good work in the MCU, and you're quite right about Marvel's troubles with gravitas on-screen. There's rarely any risk of anyone dying, and anytime someone does die ... ehhh ... they were either only just introduced (Quicksilver), or their death was predetermined by the existing narrative (e.g. Stark's father), or some magic happens and they're alive again (Coulson). So it does sap a lot of genuine risk out of the Marvel movies. You just know everyone's going to be alright in the end, even if they have to temporarily go through some shit or fight against each other (Civil War - the airport sequence was awesome fun, especially Ant Man and Spider-Man's involvement - but at no point did I truly think "oooh!", there was no actual peril, hell, they were even cracking jokes with each other as they punched each other). They can have some good complexity built into the plot (Civil War, again, as two different ideals are pitted against each other - but it's more interesting intellectually, and provides a solid platform to build setpieces upon, than thrilling per se). Does that make sense?

Anyway - the hair - not only that, but now Captain America has long hair and a beard ... edgy! :D He does look cool, but I was thinking "what's with all the new hair styles?" while watching that trailer. :lol:

EvilNed
03-Dec-2017, 10:31 AM
I read a leak of a plot of Infinity war. I can't be sure it's true, but it does jive extremely well with what we see in the trailers and what characters get matched up (and where).

If that leak was true, which it looks to be, then there will be several fatalities.

bassman
03-Dec-2017, 01:12 PM
Anyway - the hair - not only that, but now Captain America has long hair and a beard ... edgy! :D He does look cool, but I was thinking "what's with all the new hair styles?" while watching that trailer. :lol:

I figured Cap's new look was in fitting with where the character is right now. He's been on the run from the government ever since the events of Civil War. That's also why he doesn't have his traditional suit and shield. At one point in the trailer it looks like he may have a new shield sourced from Black Panther's Wakanda, which is where the vibranium came from for his original shield...

shootemindehead
03-Dec-2017, 08:00 PM
So he's gone hipster, to blend in with the rest of the hipsters.

Neil
29-Apr-2018, 09:34 AM
Enjoyed it. Didn't feel to crammed trying to get all those super heroes into one film.

But certainly not as good as something like Captain America 2 IMHO.

EvilNed
29-Apr-2018, 01:21 PM
It's alright. A great time at the cinema.
However I felt that some characters were a bit underused.

While everyone was there, and Captain America had plenty of screen time, he barely did anything. He didn't have his own personal story, which I find kinda sad seeing he's one of the main characters of the franchise. But again, Captain America gets to play second fiddle to RDJ's Iron Man - almost like in Captain America's own film Civil War.

bassman
01-May-2018, 01:58 AM
I enjoyed it. It’s a bit silly that they dropped the “Part 1” from the title, when it so obviously is one part of two. Most the events that are trying to carry some weight, lose their impact because of various films already confirmed to be in development. Even general audience members that’ve never read a comic should be able to tell that these things aren’t permanent.

bassman
02-Aug-2018, 01:53 PM
This was released on digital download a couple days ago. I still thoroughly enjoyed viewing at home, as well. I was hoping they would do like other franchises have done in the past and have a trailer for Part II attached at the end, but there was nothing.

I only just now noticed that Scarlett Witch’s Russian accent is inexplicably gone in this film..??