PDA

View Full Version : Alita: Battle Angel (film)

Neil
10-Dec-2017, 04:52 PM
aj8mN_7Apcw

MinionZombie
11-Dec-2017, 12:59 PM
Curious, the whole 'real life anime girl' look, isn't it?

I recall that Battle Angel is a project that James Cameron has been working on for ages (since the 1990s, I think?) as one of his 'yet to be made projects' that he had lined up, but evidently didn't get around to himself (especially now with a million Avatar movies waiting to be made :p:sneaky::D ).

Not sure what to think about it at this point. Not familiar with the source material either.

Neil
12-Dec-2017, 10:47 AM
Curious, the whole 'real life anime girl' look, isn't it?

I recall that Battle Angel is a project that James Cameron has been working on for ages (since the 1990s, I think?) as one of his 'yet to be made projects' that he had lined up, but evidently didn't get around to himself (especially now with a million Avatar movies waiting to be made :p:sneaky::D ).

Not sure what to think about it at this point. Not familiar with the source material either.

Cameron did produce it, so was involved to some degree at least...

MoonSylver
13-Dec-2017, 08:45 PM
This shit freaks me out.:eek:

https://pics.onsizzle.com/stop-masturbating-to-anime-girls-hisssssi-mepoleon-o-ool-diary-10017473.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dnaumEHJa8

Neil
04-Feb-2019, 10:01 AM
Oh dear - https://www.nme.com/news/the-first-reviews-for-alita-battle-angel-in-not-good-2442007

bassman
04-Feb-2019, 01:23 PM
Yikes. I’ve seen several reviews that aren’t quite as negative, but for the most part they settle around an “it’s okay”.

I like both Cameron and Rodriquez, but something about this film never captured my attention. Definitely going to wait and see it at home, unfortunately.

Hopefully this is isn’t a sign of things to come with the new Cameron-involved Terminator.:shifty:

Neil
04-Feb-2019, 04:04 PM
Yikes. I’ve seen several reviews that aren’t quite as negative, but for the most part they settle around an “it’s okay”.

I like both Cameron and Rodriquez, but something about this film never captured my attention. Definitely going to wait and see it at home, unfortunately.

Hopefully this is isn’t a sign of things to come with the new Cameron-involved Terminator.:shifty:

...or the 27 new Avatar films he's doing!?

Maybe he's lost his mojo like Carpenter did!?

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2019, 04:09 PM
By the sounds of it, this has always been a tricky project for Cameron. I read that he had a script for it, but it was some silly length like 300 to 500 pages and he just couldn't figure out how to whittle it down to a feature. So Rodriguez took away the stuff, had a shufty, and managed to get it down to a feature length script (although by the sounds of it from some reviews it seems as if too many things have been shoved into the running time).

Like you, bassman, I saw the trailer and I had little interest in it. I'll scope it out on telly, but I'm just not grabbed by it.

blind2d
05-Feb-2019, 02:56 PM
Well regardless I'm still excited for it and can't wait to see it! :D I'll review it if I get a chance to see it in the theater soon, for sure. The anime is so good!!

Neil
21-Feb-2019, 08:32 AM
A couple of parts/aspects of it were good, but a lot else of it felt a clunky and contrived.

6/10 for action enjoyability...

Neil
22-Feb-2019, 05:48 PM
Oh! And a certain Mr Nicotero was also involved in the effects too!