PDA

View Full Version : Well this scares and depresses the hell out of me...

Neil
15-Dec-2017, 12:44 PM
So a woman in China gets knocked down at a crossing...

How can so many people (all!) decide to do nothing, and literally just pass this woman by? - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3761482/china-woman-run-over-twice-taxi-ignored-killed/

And you think this is a horrible one off? - http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2043599/woman-becomes-hit-and-run-victim-twice-two-minutes-busy-road

WTF is wrong with these people?

shootemindehead
16-Dec-2017, 06:12 PM
Good god. :(

Philly_SWAT
18-Dec-2017, 08:52 AM
I saw somewhere in the past that in China, if you hit a pedestrian with your car and they live, you are responsible for all their medical care for the rest of their lives, but if they die, you are not responsible for anything, and therefore it is commonplace that is a person accidentally hits someone, they run over them several times in order to make sure that they are dead.

JDP
18-Dec-2017, 03:02 PM
I saw somewhere in the past that in China, if you hit a pedestrian with your car and they live, you are responsible for all their medical care for the rest of their lives, but if they die, you are not responsible for anything, and therefore it is commonplace that is a person accidentally hits someone, they run over them several times in order to make sure that they are dead.

That is pretty much an open invitation to murder. Absolutely nuts!

Neil
23-Dec-2017, 08:53 AM

Surely that's an urban myth!?

shootemindehead
23-Dec-2017, 12:20 PM
Yeh, I don't think there's any truth to that and none of my Chinese colleagues at work have even heard of such a thing.